Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Louisville Street Rod Nationals (Meet & Greet)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuel10922, Jul 27, 2010.

1. The Rod Kings C.C. would like to host a meet and greet for all HAMB'ers on Friday and Saturday at 12:30 at this years NSRA Street Rod Nationals in Louisville.

As you enter the main entrance to the fair grounds at the first intersection turn left. We will be located on the right hand side of the road under the shade trees. Look for the Rod Kings and the HAMB banner.

This is the same location as last years meet & greet.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  2. kpapesh

kpapesh
    from Ohio

Thanks for setting this up. I'll be there

3. Thanks Stan for posting,look forward to seeing old friends an meeting new ones.See ya there.

4. Cant wait! Good Friends, Good Conversation, Good Shine :)

5. Dougan

Dougan

Looking forward to it!!!! We should be in my wife's 48' Jeepster. Red/Black with Kansas plates. See you there!!!

6. paintcan54

paintcan54

Will try to make it this year. Last 2 yeaars been off with friends and forgot all about it.

7. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I'll be there.

8. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

write myself a note,,,,self,be at the hamb meet and greet!!! yes sir. do my best. little over a week away.can't wait:D hope it cools off a little

9. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

I hope I will get there this time. I've missed everyone so far.

10. Ya I hope it cools off to just no rain,can't wait to meet everyone.

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be there in the 40

12. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

I think the crowd will be down a little this year, but I'm not going to let it ruin my fun!!! See ya there!

13. John B

John B

Remember people, most cell phones have an alarm clock on them. Set yours for a few minutes before 12:30 so you have time to walk/drive over to the designated spot.

14. I'll be there, just don't know what i will be rollin in. May have to buy a hoopty to get in cause my ride is still undrivable

15. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I can never here (or feel) the damn thing!

16. Thanks John B thats a good reminder make sure you come out both days for the Meet & Greet,because many different HAMBERS show up on those days see ya there.

17. fc ute

fc ute

will be there with a group of west aussies, will try and get to meet you

18. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Hey Dave when will you be rolling into LOU.

19. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Hey Bob,
    When you see me, smack me and remind me its at 12:30. See ya

20. Labold

Labold

I could probably use one of those smack reminders myself.

21. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

If that's me I'll be there sometime Thursday morning. PM for my cell # if you'd like.

22. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Question about this event - looking at the flyer, it says that registration is at Cardinal Stadium starting at 9am each day. Does everybody have to go there first before showing up at the Fairgrounds, or is that only if you want your car judged?

I've only been to this event as a spectator in the past and am not familiar with how it works. Also no info on the flyer as to how much registration costs, just spectator ticket pricing...sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question - of course I do want to drop by and meet some of you Rod Kings & Hambers...

HRJ

23. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Joe I'll send Samon head over!!!

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not really sure how much registration cost but I'll assume since you are asking these questions you are not a member so you will have to join. Will probably cost you about $40 to join and register for the weekend. This will include two "buttons" which gets two peeps in. Kids tickets are free I believe.

25. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Thanks for the help, Denise. I finally found a registration form on the NSRA webiste. $70 for non-members and $40 for members. Membership is $30, so whatever...looks like it might be advantageous to go register on Wednesday or Thursday so I can just come straight to the Fairground on Friday. At least I got a strategy now. ;)

Another newbie question - is it open parking or do they park you in classes? This seems so difficult for us post-war guys...a flyer that was designed to help the entrants more than advertise to the spectators would be a good start. :D

26. Park any where you want

27. You are correct on the registration. It is easier and faster on Wednesday or Thursday.

Parking is open and you are not suppose to save spaces, but it happens. In the past they have tried to crack down on saving spots, but it never works. If you are not power parking then you will have no problem finding a space.

28. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Thanks for the help. When are you Georgetown / Lexington guys going over to register?

29. I will be going up on Wed.to pickup my pre-registration an check in to the hotel,can't wait to see old friends an make new ones.Also I think Hot Rod Bob has a fresh batch of apple pie moonshine brewing don't ya Bob??

30. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

We will be rolling in about noon on Wed. Looking forward to it this year to see what is different. From what I have seen in "Street Scene" pictures at other events it doesn't look much different from what it has been in the past.
    [​IMG]