Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Midnight Mass 2010 Details

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BruceVE, Jun 17, 2010.

1. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

As you all know by now Midnight Mass is set for JULY 31, 2010 at the Placer County Fairgrounds in Roseville.

The show will run from 5PM to midnight.
    Vehicle registration opens at 3PM
    Spectator gate opens at 4PM

28309_1486150316179_1306552372_31307096_4769549_n.jpg photo2.JPG

Hotel, maps and vendor information is located on our web site at www.theoriginalpoorboys.com

This year we are giving you a choice of hotels based on what you want to do after the show.

If you want to continue the party and be entertained by some great bands at some local clubs in old town Roseville, then the Heritage Inn is where you’ll want to stay. We will be providing a shuttle from the hotel to the downtown Roseville area so you won’t have to drive.
    If you’re tired and burnt out from all the fun you had at the show, and just want to hang out with your friends in the parking lot, then make your reservations at the Staybridge Suites. These are one bedroom mini suites with all the amenities. It is located right behind the Westfield shopping mall, which has a 24-hour Mel’s Diner, a perfect place to meet up after the show.​

We will have some awesome entertainment for you:

photo3.JPG

As well as our annual Miss Midnight Mass pinup contest:

photo.JPG

A bunch of unique vendors, the Sacramento Roller Derby girls, goodie bags to the first 250, and much more.

If you or your club want to do a trophy for the show go here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465511&highlight=midnight+mass

Placer County Fairgrounds is a little more than an acre bigger than last year, so we have plenty of room.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  2. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for update

4. JBOLTON

JBOLTON

5. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Back to the top for the weekend crowd.

6. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

so it switched from august at auburn fairgrounds to now july 31st at placer county fairgrounds? why the change?

7. ShastaStyle

ShastaStyle
    from Nor-Cal

Sounds cool! Looking forward to it!

8. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Just back from the RZ BBQ... Mass is the next thing on our schedule. Lookin forward to this one. Thanks for the updated details.

9. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Our show has always been the last Saturday in July, so it was good to get back to that date.

As far as location is concerned, we just couldn't live with the fact that the Auburn Police wanted to search every person and vehicle coming into the show.

10. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

yea i figured the police had somthing to do wit hthe change

11. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

oh wow that is totally stupid they wanted to search cars and persons there. Good choice making the change thanks for all your hard work guys!!

12. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

What's worse is that it would create such a big traffic jam that they would want extra cops on duty, that we would have to pay for.

The good news, just confirmed that Mooneyes will be making a rare NorCal appearance at our show.

[​IMG]

13. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Special deal for all vehicles registered for the show: Upon registration you will be given a "special 16 oz cup" good for $3 beer rather than the normal $5 for a beer. A hell of a deal considering Cal Expo charged $7 for 12 oz beer.

14. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Okay, Food that's gunna be at Midnight Mass, so far. BBQ Tri-Tip, Garlic Fries, Hot dogs and Hamburgers, Onion Rings, Teriyaki Chicken on a stick, Vegi Chow Mein, Tempura Zucchini, Pretzels, Mexican taco's Burrito's and Nachos, BBQ Oysters, Wood Fired Pizza. Then Maybe some Thia food too. Kettle Corn, Mini Donuts, G...elato and Italian Ice, Plus Margaritas and Ice Cold beer.

15. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Friends, out of towners, first timers and mass vets all converge at the pre party-and this year may be the best! Inside the steel train station (real train cars) is a nice wood dance floor, two bars, a restaurant, a courtyard outside and parking for 100 cars!!!!!!
    This years pre party will include:

Live music including bay area's quarter mile combo!
    Supporting acts are rockabilly honky tonkers" the hat acts "
    and starting things off are uptempo loungey jazz band: "the afterlife".

Party to start at 7pm for early birds to grab some dinner and enjoy "car-ee-oke" (car themed songs to sing karoke!)

bands will start at 9pm

plenty of free parking for your ride-and right off the freeway!

Enjoy shopping with lu lu's luxe-great rockabilly accessories and products!

Live pinstriping, too!

See you there!

7pm 21 and up $10

16. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

sounds Cool Bruce is Boxing Donkey doing anything for mass? they have the best beer in town next to the Owl Club

17. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Yep, they are hosting the afterparty and, as stated on the first page, we will be providing a shuttle bus from the hotel to the afterparty.

35823_129460813759112_100000855821571_144592_7765529_n.jpg

18. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

Where and when is the Pre party mentioned in the train station

19. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

20. Wish I could get there, have fun, JG

21. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

My bags are packed Bruce! I fly to LA on Thursday... See you ibn the T Bird on Saturday!

Noddy

P.S What is the best time to arrive? Wouldn't want to miss out after coming all this way....

22. ratman

ratman

12 Members of the Hamilton Hot Rod Club New Zealand heading your way so thats 13 kiwis counting Noddy. We fly out Wednesday. This will be one of the highlights of our tour. Really looking forward to this.

23. Well Noddy and Ratman,you are a pair of lucky little kiwis, enjoy, I beleieve its a blast, I hope to get there next year!!!! May have to forgo the Beach Hop though...cant do both...

24. so registration starts at 3... when should we/cars be getting there by??
    and do you know what time the race track opens?? cause thats something to contend with too...

25. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Fairlane500 - you don't want to miss BH11! Have you seen what we have up for grabs? 1952 F1, 62 T Bird and a built Flathead engine....

I was at Midnite Mass last year - 1 of the best shows I went to in the USA last year.

And there are a few other Kiwis coming along this year for the show... Colin Willoughby, Craig "Fingrz" Mullin, Tom Taylor from Balclutha and another young couple from Whangamata... and ex-pat Sparrow from Tracy.

Beers at the T Bird...

Noddy

26. Get plenty of pics Nods, sounds like good company... you got scumdog for back up !!!!

27. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Looking forward to meeting you Noddy and checking out your new T-Bird. That is if I'm not called to put out fires all night. The vendors will be setting up from 10 til 2 and must have their personal vehicles parked by 3, out of the way of the cars coming in. If your there by 3 you'll have a front row seat and be one of the first 250 to get a grab bag.

With 13 Kiwi's coming this has got to be a picture opportunity. Looking forward to meeting all of you. If I don't find you just anybody in a yellow shirt to point me out, I don't want to miss meeting any of you and thanks for coming.

Not sure when the races start but it won't effect the vendors or registrants too much as they will all enter from Corporation Yard Road, on the back or North side of the Fairgrounds. Check the map on our web site.

28. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Great stuff Bruce! And I'm bringing another 8 Kiwis with me to the show as well... It's a Kiwi Take Over!

29. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Looks like we'll be out numbered!!

30. Chopperman

Chopperman

man I am trying HARD to make it

This is what my ride looks like as of today :eek:

Attached Files: