Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Salina KKOA photos and story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jul 25, 2010.

1. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

NMSANDRAIL...great to meet you!!...poverty flats..had I known would have introduced myself....I was in the stripping booth during the meet & greet:(..by the time I seen the time...it was to late..was hoping to meet a few people!...cruized by you guys a couple times over the week end.Had a lot of fun!!

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

were you doing the stripping? was there an arrest?

3. billys54

billys54

4. bugnastynastybug

bugnastynastybug

5. Sunavabitch! All week long my friends kept asking me.."Are ya going to Salina this year"?..No, got other shit to do.
    Well, now I wish I'd gone. I'd have had a lot more fun. Oh well, I'm looking forward to the HAMB drags. Glad to hear Jeff made it home ok with the 32.

6. I'm so honored to have had everyone work on my 54!! You couldn't ask for a better group of kustomizers to work on your car!!! If anyone has pictures please let me know! I spent most of my time selling stuff for Gene and taking pictures but I don't have any with me in them. And no need to thank me for serving guys it was my pleasure to do so.
    Thanks!
    Kent

7. I enjoyed talking to you also. I only saw the Model A race once, but it was kick ass! Hope to see you again sometime John. There is just never enough time to talk to everyone.

8. GrouchySS

GrouchySS

Poverty...I guess I got busted trying to steal your bike! I was going to try to sell it at the next swap meet. We had a blast. See you in the fall.
    Swap Meet Cindy
    Lincoln, NE

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

You guys are alot of fun. Thanks for parking by us.

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Great pics of the Beater racin on another thread. Glad to see the beatings continue.

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Yes, Pete that has been a good car for us Plain folks around here. Great low budget fun----the simple life!

12. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I have a few more pics of Larry racing but I wouldn't want to post them all up and have him go thinkin he's famous or something :)

13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I wanna drive it down the strip!! Never had the chance. Frankie (oldest daughter) told me today to build my '27 sedan just like the other hot rod. Coulda punched me in the face. I miss that car.

14. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

That things way cool as is! Please please please, no purple flaming powercats....:D

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

We're just discussing ideas tonight. I want to go with a white roof with a heavy silver flake, then two tone the rest of the body, Mom wants it purple and silver...

16. JESUS!!!!!!! Did ANYBODY take any Merc pic's???????????
    I can see HAMBers here in SoCal! Don't any of you guys take pic's the way I do?
    Sorry for the RANT!

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG, did you read what you typed before hitting submit???:rolleyes:
    Maybe YOU should have been there to take photos of the MERCS and show everyone else in the country how to do it.

18. Ha Ha No Merc pics but I was thinking of you when I took this !!! >>>>.[​IMG]

19. Yes I did.....and i'm stickin to my statement!

20. That makes me feel a little better......haha!

21. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Here's some of mine

I'll try harder next time

22. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I had other stuff goging on too, luckily I could still make the trip happen. Awsome show great time great friends and the grils were pretty nice to look at also.

Yeah, Rock, made it back. not a bad trip, the flatty made trip in the fast lane all the way.

23. I got yours! Nice coverage....thanks!

24. G'day Paul .......great coverage

I REALLY like the way you concentrated on the people, not the event

This lifestyle is about the people...... the cars and events are just the glue that bind us together.

Lookin forward to getting back to the US next year, and getting outside of CA this time around.

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Thank you. At this point in my life I have been to enough car shows to see a million cars so I have decided to focus on the people of the hobby more in my threads. Much like Denise does. There will be plenty others with car photos when they get home and have time to post them. Bad Bob will be able to see all the Mercs. It's all good! :)

26. Somebody say MERC ?? >>>>.[​IMG]

27. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks Paul for the pics. Great seeing you and your posse this weekend. I'm sad I didn't get to ride a bike Saturday, maybe next year :(

28. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Megan, bring your sweet little self to the Hamb drags and you can ride one of my bikes there.

29. Travis, the only thing I would be famous for would be slowest 60 foot times! DO NOT let your mom paint that panel purple! Go whatever color you want and then just put the K State Wildcat trademark on it. I am sure Bill Snyder would still approve of it.;)

30. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I sure did enjoy giving Larry a hard time. I really could help your car, Larry!

Fun to hang with you and see you race, or try to.

Travis, I would suggest you paint the panel truck red and put a big white "W" on it.