Register now to get rid of these ads!

NOOOO!!!!! My car is totalled!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Man I am so sorry

2. I think I saw a 63/65 on the upper yard some place

3. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

me to 4 years ago.

4. DUH I hadnt read that far now that I fell like a dumb ass I will bow and depart the stage

5. krooser

krooser

Geez Scoob...couldn't you find a BIGGER CAR?

6. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Pretty amazing you found another. Congrats!

7. right on.. glad ya found another one. had something like that happen to me.. just bought a plymouth mini van.. and it got rear ended and totaled like 8 days after i bought it.. few differences though.. 1 i could care less if i got another one like it 2 its not rare and 3 it was a freakin mini van lol

8. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I could fix that

9. So did you ever figure out who owned the Lincoln that got killed?

10. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

ditto

11. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys do know that it was 4 YEARS AGO that this happened.... :)

Like Chris I'd like to know though.

The NEW one looks pretty sweet. Great to see you ddint give up the dream. Did you keep the 1st one? Sorry about not searching 10 pages to find out.

12. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Honestly, and obviously, I've never given up on finding another. It took four years of active searching though. This has become a must have car for me. I think I bought the first one as a "hey, that's neat" item and then got so caught up in tracking the history and then it was all so tragically lost. It made it personal. The wrecked car still exists. I sold the body and some parts where taken off but most of the car remains, I think it's in Colorado. I played detective for a long time and got some neat leads and had some fun doing it but never found the history. Got some REALLY neat theories and "I know a guy who..." stories but could never confirm anything. I quit trying when I realized the car wouldn't be feasibly restored by me at that time. I should have parked it in the garage and waited but I was really frustrated.

The new one is all there, pretty solid, and the engine turns over. Still a big project but certainly more managable than the mangled mess I had last time. The search will now continue to see who owned this one as well as who owned the last one. The car with the better history should get restored.

These cars were pretty much only sold to corporations or celebrities from what I've read. This one is a Texas native so I'm guessing it was likely an oil baron or corporation. The other car came from Hollywood so I'm guessing it was celebrity owned. The towncar was the same body with no privacy window behind the driver. The limo had the privacy window. I'd suspect that most corporate cars would NOT have the window and the celebrity cars would have the window. Sure would love to find out who owned these. No one has been able to locate the records from Hess and Eisenhart that I'm aware of. I'm talking to the current owner of the wrecked car tomorrow.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  13. RQuantz

RQuantz
    from Las Vegas

Wow, you found another one! Good for you scooby, i'm happy for ya.

14. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Just read this today for the 1st time.
    Shit was bad, but im glad you got another one, even if after 5 years.....

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'm going to start checking on shippers today. Fingers crossed.

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I can not believe you found another one. Only you dude...only you. :D

17. heywacha

heywacha
    from Orange, CA

Wow Scooby, the pictures hurt more than the story! Sorry about your loss bud...

18. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I just talked to the gentleman who bought the wrecked shell. It's still sitting out in Colorado and I suspect it could be bought back if needed. He's got one of the other complete cars and just needed the interior of that one.

19. Round two. Here's to better luck this time scoob!

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow. cool ending to a shitty story.

21. falfas55

falfas55

Where's the a-hole that caused all of this? Maybe he can be pursuaded to cough up some cash.

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What a shame, I feel terrible for you.

23. Possibly some members don't read the entire post,,,a replacement has been found,,the post originated in 2006,,,HRP

24. bob collins

bob collins
    from MA

The insurance company would owe for the value of the car. Purchase price is only one factor in determination of values. Look at it this way. If you inherented the car from your grandfather, could the insurance company say that they dont owe you anything because you got it for free? I dont think so. Most states have laws that tell insurance companies how values are determined. Usually they include purchase price, replacement cost, value of improvements, history, etc. Check with any good pro-consumer body shop, they should know the laws or regulations.

25. This thread is the feelgood thread of 2010!! Our hero, after being pushed back and beaten down, triumphantly rises to defeat the gods of tragedy and in the end....gets the girl!

26. Nice car there, Scoob! I like the big Chryslers and Lincolns. Looks like you scored well on the second car...now, let's see if it can make it to you unscathed. Personally, I'd spend the extra $$$ and arrange for an enclosed hauler, that is bonded and heavily insured. It would be tragic to go through that same shit a second time.

27. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

Great story. Glad you found another one. Good luck with it. Hopefully this one was used on the set of "Dallas" or something similar and will be worth even more than the first one. You've definitely earned it. Get her home SAFE !

28. lorodz

lorodz

omg ..my condolences for your loss..wow..

29. this looks like a big lawsuit court battle i would talk to a lawyer you still might be able to get back what the car is actually worth not just what you paid for it

30. RQuantz

RQuantz
    from Las Vegas

Oh my Goodness, folks! Read the thread! It was resurected from 2006!