Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Drove my dad's hot rod for the first time today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cretin, Jul 25, 2010.

1. cretin

cretin

So, I know that this isn't exactly a HAMB car but I'm excited and posting this anyway. We have had this project for about 10 years, but it didn't get touched at all for about 5 due to finances. This car has fought us every step of the way and it felt great to finally get it moving under it's own power.

Some of you may remember this car from this much less exciting thread about the car being severly damaged.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272754

So, we finally got over that hump and are inches away from being done with the body work. Still a couple small issues to work out like the brakes still being a little mushy, but there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.

We took it up and down our street and then down the street to my grandparents house. I don't have any pics of it on the road because I was too busy either driving it or riding in it, but here is a pic of how it looks today.

[​IMG]

I know it's a little too street rod for some on here but you can't argue with the man financing the project. So, hopefully we can ship her off for paint within the next couple of weeks.

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Awesome. Congrats on a job well done. Tell popps the same.

3. SpeedAddict001

SpeedAddict001
    from Alaska

Congratulations on getting this far! It looks great and hopefully you will see the end of the entire project soon. Keep it up!

4. cretin

cretin

thanks guys

5. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

Working on the 54 too? I see the front clip off it behind the 33 there.

6. cretin

cretin

Yes sir, with any luck that will be driving again soon too. it got a bunch of front suspension work recently and I worked on putting the '55 headlights on it today, then I'll clean up the firewall and she's getting a brand new engine and trans. Once all that's done then it gets a color change and is back to being the daily.

7. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Neat car. I hope you both have a bunch of fun with it.

8. I read the other thread.............Good to see your spirit was strong enough to break on through.

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

Both look killer, but congrats on the drive after such a long time...

10. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Good for you bro glad you had some fun.

11. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

I have my 54 torn down to put in my new suspension too. Just time is what I dont have much of. It will eventually be my daily too... one day!

It's cool that your ol' man is into cars too. I am working on my dad- but he is still holding out. Glad things are looking up for the 33 too! It's just like a kick in the gut when someone does something like that to your car and makes your heart sink...