Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crappy work from Winfields Rod and Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cuomo73, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

as always.................you should learn and do the work yourself,.................then we can look at you.......and you will have no complaints because you will do perfect work............in your eyes.

2. harrydude

harrydude
    from ab

no defening Gene...............

but we need the whole story....................

I am a body guy and would embarassed to send werk like that out....

but what did he pay for..............

so at the end of the day........

the car is @$%@% up............and we still have not heard from te guy who messed it up.....

so my point for you yokals down south......get both sides of the story before you jump on the band wagon..........

3. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

You really need to talk with Gene or the foreman of the shop ! That is the bottom line . If that was the work of the people Gene has working for him , then he really needs to fire them all and hire some good help ! But until you get to talk with Gene about the very shitty work that was done to your chop , this really isn't the right place to throw out your dirty laundry ! Yes it's his shop and he signs the checks but if there is a problem then talk to the man first . If he screwed you , then take him to court and get it worked out there . That is the right place to take care of shabby work , not here !
    I am not going to take any sides because I am not paid to be a judge !
    Just grow up and do the legal way of fixing things , not coming here and bashing someone for the shitty workmanship ! You will never get it fixed that way !

Retro Jim

4. Brickster

Brickster

You did see the picture of of Gene fitting the deck lid right?

How about when the owner came for a visit and found the front suspension all painted black. I wonder why they would do that without being asked? Because they left his car out in the rain in bare metal.

I think he took this long to vent because he knew he would be called an asshole for saying something unflattering about a legend.

5. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

yes said the newbie X 2..Its his ride,his money and his right.The man is an asshole because SOMEONE ELSE cant do the fucking job right?Brother you got a lot to learn

6. Truckedup

Truckedup

I wonder if Leonardo Di Vinci or Michael Angelo ever did any shitty work?

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

ANY more name calling is a great way of closing this thread.....

KEEP IT CIVIL

8. skyrodder

skyrodder

That is quite a bit of filler

9. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Good luck. People here will fall on any sword they can when it comes to defending someone famous.

10. Well said! I have been at this crap for over 30 years and have seen many cars come out of the "best" Custom shops, and let me tell you most of you would cringe at what i have seen underneath most of them. the finished product is what most see not the under pinnings. Gene is a hell of a nice guy but also a business man and the almighty dollars comes first most of the time. by the way anybody ever seen his crew?

11. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Oh, I got it now!:D It ain't ok to use bondo, it's the rage-filler that makes it right. Now that dooooooo make a difference..............:eek:

12. Brickster

Brickster

I wonder if this thread gets closed before anyone in Mojave gets a chance to respond?

13. I don't care who it is. If you don't want the world to see your crappy work, you shouldn't let it go out the door. I don't think it is up to the customer who got screwed to keep it a secret until he can work out a deal, or get an apology or whatever.

I know Gene is a legend (and for a very good reason) so I'm sure he had no idea about this. I don't think there is any "defending" work this bad, there is only making it right.

14. dannyego

dannyego

wow, thats kind of ridiciulous.. or am I wrong? Pretty sure I could smooth over pop rivets with less filler:eek:

thought the pictures of the caddy would attach in the quote

15. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Well said

16. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Why are so many people attacking Cuomo73? The work in the pictures speaks for itself, completely inexcusable. Here's some pics I took of the car back in April 2008, before going to Winfield's shop. It was a pretty nice, solid stock car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. How does that saying go everyone on 3....
    IF you want something done right its best to just...

18. There is a picture of him standing by the car and it looks like he is working on it??

19. brad chevy

brad chevy

It kinda looks like the so-crowned guru of bondo needs to get off the show and glamor appearences and get back to the stuff that he is supposed to be promoting and famous for,Tman is right a bad job is a bad job and it doesn"t matter who does the work,but it is a joke for all of you guys to glorify GW just because of the past,if it was your money the whole attitude would change.and as far as GW not knowing what happens in his own shop,thats just bullshit. I personaly wouldn"t take my car back even if they offered to make it right after shit work like that,hell the bodyshop class at the local high school does better work.

20. 52pig

52pig

The lesson I hope every one has learned here:

buy your own damn tools and do it your self.

Feels better in the long run any way. Of course, you'll probably get the same out come.

21. -Brent-

-Brent-

A few things come to mind here...

In looking at this issue, I look at two things. First, what has actually happened rather than any story or looking to recruit agreement from others. Second, your expectations, meaning what requirements you'd like to see fulfilled to resolve this conflict.

You really need to talk to whomever is in charge at the shop, rather than bring it here. Since you didn't do it first, you're going to have to deal with the other side being upset too. Some might not care that they're upset, but in looking at this from a conflict resolution standpoint, it's helpful to see where the other side is coming from before "you go poking them with sticks." It's good not to give them any ammunition so that you can get the result you're looking for.

As well, you need to take a few deep breaths and think about what it is, EXACTLY, that will complete this issue for you. I don't look at this as a something to punish another (although some people do) but rather to get the product or result you were looking for and to make the transaction complete.

22. badshifter

badshifter

All you guys saying give GW a chance to make it right are WRONG! The shop had a chance to make it right. A customer came to the shop to spend hard earned money and got screwed. The OP does not owe anybody a second chance or a talk with Gene before he airs HIS business. Regardless of expectations, that work is CRAP. You don't need 2 sides of the story, the pictures speak for the other side.

23. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Read the whole post. still doesnt change anything,,maybe one thing,now i can blame other people for the shitty job i might do at work. your brilliant.glad your here with such stella advice.

24. harrydude

harrydude
    from ab

reason for th bash is that we all know the werk was shit but tell the whole stroy

25. I understand that he spent many months trying to resolve this. How long would you wait for resolution?

26. 52pig

52pig

You don't need 2 sides of the story, the pictures speak for the other side.[/QUOTE]

I have to say, that's a great point.

27. -Brent-

-Brent-

I didn't realize that. I asked if he spoke to them and he said, "No, it has just come back from the sandblaster" I was going off that.

28. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I have been reading and not posting, but this one needs addressing...

FUCK YOU....

29. cuomo73

cuomo73

@ harrydude

It's guys like you that think they know what they are talking about that makes me want to post all his dirty laundry on here. Do you want me to scan all my receipts and carbons of my checks totaling in excess of 12 to 15K on post them on here. What kind of work does that type of money get me? You are the body man, what kind of body work do you turn out for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.