Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indiana noobie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by tedjpoe, Jul 25, 2010.

1. tedjpoe

tedjpoe

Hi all! I made my first posting last night and already got responses. Cool! It was suggested I introduce myself here, so here goes.

Have always been a car nut. Started out at 15 years old working on my first car, a 36 Plymouth flathead 6 sedan. It did not run when I got it but when I sold it, it left the yard under its own power. I have been hooked ever since.

Spent 18 years in the Ford business on the sales and finance side. Moved on to banking and still worked with cars, running a division of the bank that floorplanned dealers and provided consumer financing for the dealer's customers purchases.

Over the years I tinkered with cars as time would allow. Spent most of my time playing with Datsun's SPL/SRL 311 sports roadsters of the sixties. Did a bit of pylon racing in those cars. Restored a 64 1/2 Mustang. Took it from 6 cyl 3 speed base model rust bucket to 289 auto with factory underdash a/c added ps and pb and pony trim. Loved the work - making something not so nice into something neat.

I am retired now and have a beautiful new wife who shares my love of old and different cars. We are looking forward to riding off into the sunset in our 49 Desoto equipped with all the modern conveniences courtesy of the 87 5th Ave that will live on forever disguised as a 49 Desoto!

Attached is a pic of our new baby as she is now. We call her Gracie which is short for graceful beauty.

I'm sure to have many questions along the way. Look forward to any information you folks might care to share.

Ted and Becky

Attached Files:

• d4.jpg
      d4.jpg
      File size:
      36.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Nice Intro! Welcome from Arkansas...

3. RFH1931

RFH1931

Good luck on your new project.Lots of Great knowledge on this site
    Welcome from S.C.

4. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Welcome from Northwest Indiana!

5. ARVCo.

ARVCo.

Welcome from a former Hoosier (New Albany-Floyds Knobs)! Do you ever go to the Frog Follies?

6. tedjpoe

tedjpoe

Yes indeedie! Will be there next month! Haven't been in a few years as I just recently moved back here after retiring. Spent all my working years in Dallas, TX area. Looking forward to the follies!

7. Well done, and welcome to the H.A.M.B from Arkansas City, KS.

firstnomad