Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Miller Hauler Special

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harrison, Jul 22, 2010.

1. 3in1

3in1
    from nevada tx

I agree but remember what site were on ... showing a rocket to 2nd graders and asking them to build it and then be suprised when they show up with a toilet paper tube and a carrot stuck on the end .:D

2. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

I think he might just be ahead of the curve on this one. Do you guys think that this is the last over the top, completely over engeneered, over finished car or truck we will see in the next few years? I highly doubt it.

3. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

The motor runs.It use to be in another car that Kosma built.
    [​IMG]

4. L.A.-Pete

L.A.-Pete
    from Florida

o v e r d o n e !

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

FOUND! Liberace's farm truck.

6. hemifarris

hemifarris

Miller!

7. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

If you can't drive it what the use...lot of cool detail but thats all it has going for it..Real nice.....

8. All you have to do is flip the little lever on the handle, and the lock-wire pliers change direction.

9. Al ... You're right ... and I fear Jim's is heading in the same direction as yours ... [​IMG] :(

10. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

I still don't understand why people are saying you can't drive it.......
    It starts, runs and drives (this information is from previous posts)
    So why can't you drive it???

This is an awesome truck. I'd drive the heck out of it.

11. You bet I would take the miller,,,cool little truck but no comparison,,Miller Time for this ol' boy! HRP

12. Call me crazy but I really like that green truck.

13. hemi

hemi

The engine sounds awesome.... I'd drive it, I just don't want to be the one who has to clean it up and detail it for the next show...

14. Surprised nobody was bitching about the Pep Boys oil filter adaptor and the Toyota starter...

The thing's a fuckin' JEWEL...and a fitting tribute to the equally awesome fabrication on the Miller Indy cars, which was the WHOLE POINT.

15. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Now that's funny....you've never used a set of safety wire pliers before have you. They only tighten in one direction:Dexcept for the left-handed ones:eek::eek:Just kiddin' LOL

16. Ummm, the GOOD ones are...
    [​IMG]

17. There are several here that can design, fabricate, & finish anything as nice as the Miller truck. Considering the fact that the green "A" truck started life as flat sheets of aluminum, I'd say it's builder could have done something like the Miller truck if he had been so motivated.

Equal talent, different looks.

JH

18. Gary (gnichols) -

I'm a big, big fan of Jimmy the Metalman Hervatin's "Emerald Tide" pickup ... but I take exception to your inference that Poteet's "Miller Hauler Special" wasn't hand made by some equally talented craftsmen (e.g., the Miller race-car inspired grille was completely hand formed by Jimmy Kilroy @ Moal Coachbuilders).

Anyway, to answer your hypothetical question ... I simply couldn't chose between the two trucks ... I'd love to drive them both home ... and park them next to my other "Miller Hauler":

[​IMG] ;)
    1941 Dodge COE Miller Beer Truck

19. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Seriously.

I suggest everyone take a few minutes and look over the build photos on the Hub Garage link that was posted on the second page. Stinger did some amazing work and there are probably thousands of little details most of us will never even see.

20. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Thank you for the education, all I have ever used were Uncle Sam's manual one way pliers when I was an airframer in Naval Aviation..doggone I love learning new things.
    Stevie G. , Sorry fella I thought you were pulling my leg, There is an old saying....You can always tell a sailor, but you can't tell him much. I guess I proved that today:eek:

21. the-rodster

the-rodster

It IS the champagne of beers....

[​IMG]

22. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Is it overdone? Sure. But this build shows just how far you can take a build. And it showcases a tremendous amount of ideas/mods. I dig it.

23. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

The workmanship on this truck (and all of George's stuff) is second to none. It's amazing to me how he uses several different builders, and all his stuff turns out Top Notch.

This truck is definitely over the top on the tricked out stuff.

If I was asked, (which I wasn't) I would have painted it black, less chrome, less polished stuff, and I would have lettered it myself. ;)

Other than those few minor details, it is a Home Run!

Oh yeah, I love the safety wired stuff.

Kevin

24. 63dan63

63dan63

I enjoyed seeing this little truck at Good Guys Des Moines. I think I stared at it for an hour.
    Qtr elliptical suspension, paint over chrome, pin stripe details, every bolt is safety wired, real gold on the spokes,

The interior is too busy for my taste.

I like the laced-up boots on the springs.

25. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

26. 62rebel

62rebel

those air cleaners look like boat running light housings... am i right?

the truck is impressive, but i, too, feel that it's a case of overkill... well done and highly skilled, artistic and exhibiting technical expertise, but too much for one car. i've always preferred simplicity and functionality, but hey i'm an idiot.

27. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Hemi man... when I posted my comparison question, I made no personal comment on which I would choose. Sure, it's safe to assume the non-Miller, but this is only a hypothetical question. Who's gonna get a freebie deal like that? I'm sure anyone on the HAMB would take either, it would only depend on what donor called first!

The reason I chose the little retro truck is that it was the best example I could think of at the time (both are new builds) where the comon denominator, craftsmanship, can be considered on par. Despite all the posts about craftsmanship, isn't the real question at hand is how the Miller Hauler looks? They both have a nice stance and are very well done. But on just looks, I'd prefer the retro version.

That said, now I know for sure George isn't going to ever give me his truck!!! Gary

28. saw it at GNRS. craftsmanship is amazing.

29. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

what a waste of labor and money

30. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

A lot of time and $$ for sure. There's a ton of pics on the Rad Rods by Troy website. Good close ups during construction. A lot of neat ideas went into it but a little over the top for me. :cool: