Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Miller Hauler Special

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harrison, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Looks like an Old pimp mobile.......
    BUT, I like it. !!

2. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I heard that 4 cyl running around the fairgrounds. It does run, and it sounds BADASS.

I'd use a 4 cyl if it sounded that good.

3. -Brent-

-Brent-

Harrison, best detail photos I've seen of this truck yet. Thanks, man!

4. -Brent-

-Brent-

BCR, can you explain what you see that is wrong? PM is fine to avoid being OT. I've been doing research on this for my 20T Roadster and I'm guessing that I'm not learned enough to "get-it" yet.

Thanks.

5. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Love the design and the craftsmanship is out of this world, but just a little (OK a lot) over the top. If the rivets and louvres were painted it would go a long way to toning it down.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The first time I saw pictures of this thing I thought, "WOW! Talk about the less is more theory being beat all to sh!t..." But I have to say, it's grown on me quite a bit and seeing it in person really helps a person appreciate all the amazing details on this thing. I can't even imagine how many hours are in this build. If nothing else, it's a lessor of "the devil is in the details".

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

7. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

There's alot wrong w/ the safety wire job on this car. It's a lost art today & I love seeing it when it's done correctly. Many critical components on my car are safety wired but most of it is hidden.
    You have to remember- the purpose is to prevent the fasteners from backing out due to vibration.
    Here's a pretty good old tech thread on it. I give it a B for looks though but you get the idea.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215935

8. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Another one of those things where someone couldn't find enough crap to stick on a once very nice truck !
    Just not my cup of tea ! Why do all that work with the great craftsmanship that was put into the truck if you can't drive it down the road to enjoy ! Isn't that really the thing we all want to do in the end ? After all that money $$$$$$$ that was pissed away on all the bling , I would have to still drive it ! What's the point of all that work if you can't enjoy it on the road ?
    Each to his own but not for me !

Retro Jim

9. Bull

Bull

There has been much said about this truck . . . but I wasn't truly able to appreciate it until I saw it in person. I saw at the Chicago WOW show -- just after it's debut, then in MN at the Back to the 50's Show and again in Des Moines at the Goodguy's Show. Each time I saw it I found a new detail to study. You could study this truck for days and still not see it all. It is amazing. It was a real treat to see it up close without show ropes and barriers in MN and IA.

10. Who says it CAN'T be enjoyed on the road?!?!?

When $$$ is no object - it's just that - NO OBJECT. A lot of people can utter the phrase but actually grasping the concept is tough. If you own the truck and money is no object, why care if it's over the top?. Build another one if you don't like it. Again, that concept is almost impossible for many to truly grasp.

George is a class act who gets to live his dream. I'd much rather look at this truck & ponder it's design, construction, practicality, etc... than have it not exist at all & never have been able to see it.

JH

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  11. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

12. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

That's a work of art!

13. the-rodster

the-rodster

If George can't find the time to drive it, I'm sure that he can find a couple of asswipes that will :)

14. -Brent-

-Brent-

Awesome, Steve. So I can assume that what the bolt is threaded into is solid/welded/part of the structure? If not, then the wire goes through the a castle-type nut?

Thank you and sorry for the diversion.

15. the-rodster

the-rodster

Some women look better without makeup.....

[​IMG]

16. hbvette07

hbvette07
    from Ca

Beautiful !!!!!!

17. Deadbird

Deadbird

Thanks for the detail pics. I'll have to admit, when I saw it in Detroit I just kept walking. Didn't take time to really check the details. I had already seen it in print and wasn't impressed. Checking all the details gives me a better appreciation for it. Still, a little restraint would have been in order. But, it is George's truck, not mine. So more power to him. The man has some nice toys.

18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just ask youself this... if you got to choose between the Miller Hauler above and this completely hand made truck below - and you could have it for your very own at NO cost - which would you drive home? Gary

[​IMG]

19. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

Both trucks are great, but I would take the Miller.

20. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

The Miller hauler is an incredible work of art! It is the epitome of fine craftsmanship and amazing engineering. I realize it is to a degree an antithesis of the HAMB, but you can not deny just how incredible it is. Also, if I was forced to pick, the Miller hauler would be in my garage.

21. 296ardun

296ardun

The builders of the greatest hot rods knew when to stop (McGee, Spencer, Niekamp, etc...) Yes, the workmanship is great, but the truck went beyond the stopping point...

22. rick finch

rick finch

I'm from the "less is more" school of thought.....Poteet struck out.(for once.)

23. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

What's the purpose of the leather "booties" on the front spring???

I like the grill shell alot but not the little lights behind. The other green truck is very nice, what's the story on that one?

24. kookee

kookee

Exactly. See my previous post with the link to Stingers Hub Garage page w/ lots of pics. The level of detail and quality are off the chargs. Now had he just went without the polished louvers and one color, I am sure many would change their tune. I know I did.

25. customcory

customcory

We should settle this one with a pole, but what would we settle, everybodies just jealous of the overdetailing, its just a syle of building thats part hot rod part mechanical art part early racecar .:D

26. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

That truck is a paintjob away from being one of the coolest trucks ever built. The craftsmanship is awsome...the bling kills it though (still hasn't grown on me).

Try and imagine it with everything painted black (inside and out)

27. They call it excess for a reason. It's too much.
    It is truly the emperors new hot rod.

28. Give me the Miller.

JH

29. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I agree what a good looking truck, but who every was running those lock wires was a hack....the master chief would have his ass:eek:

30. Three Widow's Garage

Three Widow's Garage

I think the "Mexican Saddle" statment fits the the picture of the bed perfect. You have to respect the thought, craftsmanship and money that went into it. I think any of us would stoked to stumble upon it as a barn find if it had 80 yrs of rust and patina right?