Register now to get rid of these ads!

to sell or not to sell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Road Oiler

Road Oiler

Keep the car, don't sell. You already have something you can drive. Save the money little by little and it adds up. Thank goodness you have lady that likes the car as well. You can still drive it while you work on it too. Just my .02.

2. Paul B

Paul B

Ill swap you my fenders and running boards + some cash problem solved :D :cool:

3. 1936hotrod

1936hotrod
    from RI/CT

I think you already answered your own question.
    Don't tell me how to build my car - build your own!
    really just drive the piss out of it after you fix the brakes!!!

4. 21tat

21tat

Holy hell! That car is awesome the way it is. Leave it alone.

5. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Whats your saying say?
    That being said, I'd leave it.
    But thats just what I'd do if I was building my car.
    Please realize I'm joshing ya. Just couldnt leave it alone.

6. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks guys, I guess I just wanted to hear from you guys on what you thought of it. I am also leaving the brakes on it because the car stops just fine the way it is, I think mechanical brakes get a bad rap. I have a 39 flattie that I was going to run in the car but I am keeping the 4 so that will be going up for sale soon.

7. DougHH

DougHH

i cant believe you'd even consider de-fenderizing this one. what a clean & straight A. i love me some full fendered rods.

8. DougHH

DougHH

yeah i know this game. I did it with my '26 Chrysler tourer come RPU.

2K purchase price with restored wheels, 5 new 20" tyres, restored/new honeycomb radiator, partially restored front and rear ends.

So far after buying a simple aussie IFS (car is full fender) and leafed a rear from a similar model as the IFS and bought a few other things... i am still actually ahead with the whole purchase price of the car and half way thru the build (only stopped to jump back on the 59 to get it going as my daily again).
    scrounge... beg..... bargain..... whatever it takes.

9. Donnda

Donnda

Keep the fenders. Thats a nice coupe

10. HRod 50

HRod 50

That car is beautiful.. Please dont sell th fenders, but that is just because I love full fendered Fords.....

11. krooser

krooser

Go sell some blood plasma to fund the project...

12. Kerry67

Kerry67

Hell no don't sell. Who cares about the speed parts. Its not about how fast you get somewhere, it is about how cool you look getting there. And, that thing is cool as it sits.

13. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, I think i'd have to leave the fenders on this one. No way to put it back like it is once you part it out.

Doc.

14. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

I have a '29 sports coupe that is NO where near as nice as yours'. All the fenders need work, and the rag top is gone. I'm planning on welding up the fenders and leaving the welds show. Prime the patch panels but leave the patina.. As nice a car as you have, I would drive it for fun and add a little as I go along. For me, hunting the parts is most of the fun.
    They are only original ONCE!

15. kookee

kookee

Keep the fenders/boards, upgrade with the banger, drive the heck out of it.

16. Nort

Nort
    from Anaheim

Keep the fenders, and just Smile and Steer! :D

17. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I don't see a single chop it, drop it, ditch the fenders, ditch the 4 banger in this group, that is very unusual. I think you may have something very good there, you most likely were wearing your lucky shoes when you found it, before you start cutting it or modifying it at all considering selling it as a unit, its obviously worth more as a complete car, why don't you just turn it and fund what you want. The market is down on these old girls right now but you have a nice one there, I'd treat that one as an investment, she'll turn around real nice for you. Do nothing to her but drive her and you can't lose.

18. deto

deto

Don't do it man...

19. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

seems a bit like robbing peter to pay paul, no, cutting off your nose to spite your face. i dont think the fenders would yield enough for all that stuff anyway.

20. cooltoys1

cooltoys1
    from Buffalo NY

Wow, what a nice piece of steel! Keep her as is, jus put your pennys aside for the speed goodies. These are so hard to find in this condition. or sell it to me, lol

21. i also say dont do it, im all for chopped hot rods with v8's but if i had a car that was that original and intact i would not chop it up at all.

run that cool looking machine the way it is.

22. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Looks great as is, don't screw it up! Please.

23. 1936hotrod

1936hotrod
    from RI/CT

Hell than maybe sell the fenders:D I know first hand it wont stop.If you were on the road with just 20s and 30s cars A OK. But if some idiot in a 2011 caddy jumps on the brakes @ 20mph in front of you... your toast.;) Hell if your in a parade you could not stop in time......Awful nice car!!!!:eek:

24. olskool34

olskool34

I am not going to chop this car, never. I am just doing bolt on's to it. I just want to be able to make it up hills and have it be a little more peppy around town. According to what I have read in the banger threads, a head is a must if you want to get up hills without loosing speed and power so that was a must. Don't worry guys, this is not getting chopped up and it will never have an 8 between the rails unless I am dead.