Register now to get rid of these ads!

7 $100 bills found in interior

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I found a giant fresh turd in the back seat of a car I was going to buy, I took a pass.

2. I once had a '57 Chevy 2dht bel air project car. When I took the door panels off there were a shitload of coins. Most of them were pennies and nickes that were in pretty sorry shape. But one was a '57 Ben Franklin half dollar. I thought it was cool and thought about even epoxying it to the dash if I ever got that car done (...got bored working on it....plus needed money for college....so I sold it.... :( )

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Stopped by a "buy here pay here" lot to look at a 77 Trans Am...opened the right side door and there was a pot plant growing in the dirt in the floor. It was about four inches tall and you could tell what it was ...

4. 1936hotrod

1936hotrod
    from RI/CT

We did a lot of towing for the state police so about everything.
    9mm, 12 gauge 14 gauge side by side.Drugs all the time. But some of the best a guy wrecked his gt500 from fla and it had a full trunk of snap on tools(he never came to get it) Plus sold the car for some good cake wrecked.
    57 chevy conv with broke trannie. I kept it and pulled the motor..well it was from NC and had full tilt Nascar motor in it.(30 years ago).
    Some newer cars/trucks with the title in the glove box!!! Drove one of them for 10 years.
    The best...and this was 35 years ago.....7500. in cash in a paper bag!!!!
    66 stang towed off the highway and never could find owner. Found the cash after we had it impounded for over 2 years. Lots more ............Laws are diff now you have to auction the stuff off.

5. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

It kind of surprises me that people would leave so much stuff in a car. For instance, all the marijuana and crack. How can that just slip through the cracks?

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

found some dried up fingers in a mangled wreck, reported it, cop said sometimes they miss things. :confused:

7. classicfins

classicfins

I bought a ragged '68 Caddy 4 door from a scrap yard about 3 months ago for the engine/trans. pried open the trunk and found a nice Chevy magneto and a BBC crossram with a pair of 600 holleys! Sold them both to a buddy of mine for his '68 Camaro and paid some bills. lol

8. I swear to this.. I found a pair of leather mens stretch pants and a bunch of 22 rds in the back of a 86 monte ss.lol

But when I repo'd I found tons of shit.. Drugs and junk mostly.

9. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Thats how we roll........ Neither one of us knew how to get rid of the weed.....we don't smoke...and it would be our luck to get caught in a license check or something on the way home. We handed it to my uncle and he was going to call the sherriff to dispose of it.

10. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Not in a car but when they stripped my house for new siding there was newspaper over the original wood. One of the ads was from the early 50's. It was a local dealer and showed late 40's and early 50's cars for sale and their price. Man I wish they would honor those prices!

11. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

Usually I just find random rusty bolts and old sunglasses,nothing special.

When I picked up my '51 Dodge,I started ripping the old interior out because it was all torn up from sitting in a barnyard. The inspection cover in the floor had been removed a long time ago and obviously animals had been living in it over the years. I pulled the front seat out and underneath was the decomposed remains of what I think was a cat (had some big teeth though). I was almost afraid to pull the back seat out,but there was nothing under there.

12. Having worked at both car lots and tow yards, as well as time spend yard-hunting and just having people give me cars...

Weed... in various quanitites... easy to get rid of in Hawaii (duh)

Cocaine small bags and the largest was 2-1 kilo bags in the trunk of a just arrived to Hawaii Mustang II along with a 2 karat Diamond ring stuck in the undercoating in the trunk.

Meth: Mostly empty baggies.

A Collectible gold goin in the protective jacket under the back seat of a car that was given to me by my wife's boss, I gave it to my wife to return and she came bach with a large cash reward.

Gold Rolex under the seat of an old cadillac I bought for parts... sold for $6K at the time.

CArdboard wiskey bottle sleeve in the trunk of a car full of coins and bills: $316

Trunk of a 78 Olds cutlass towed from a condo: Full of Snap-On tools, car covers (new in boxes), a huge, well used bong, and a shitload of weed hidden behind the spare.

70 Mercury Cyclone spoiler hidden in a junkyard between piles of cars. Trunk full of Snap-On tools...

Many more, but just the interesting ones...

13. Eaglepoint

Eaglepoint

I worked at a Ford dealer in Burlingame Ca. back in the mid 70's and while doing new car prep would find all kinds of things under the carpet and in other areas from the assembly line. Once there was a new 77 T-Bird with a bulch under the drivers side carpet and when I took it apart I found a complete gas pedal and linkage assembly laying on the floor under the jute backing and carpet. Nice quality care at the factory! Then under the back seat of another car I found probably 15lbs of bolts. It was common to find soda and beer cans in various places, panels, under carpet etc. Kind of scary...

14. Beer cans?... good quality control AUW!

15. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

In '88, I was rebuilding one of those K car based Chrysler New Yorkers. The ones with the blind quarters, padded roof, rear window plug and talking dash. It really did say "A door is a jar". It was white with a bordello red velour interior, with a million mary jane seeds, and holes burned in the seats. Behind the rear seat armrest was Bible with a white leather zipper binding, and a bunch of preacher's revival handbills. Inside the Bible was one of those little brown 80's vials with a screw top full of cocaine [I can only guess], and an address book full of women's names and addresses from all over the southeast U.S.

16. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

No guns or drugs here ... but to me this was kind of exciting.

My '54 Pontiac came with almost every registration since new ... registered to the same woman from 1954 to 1999. I also have registrations for her 1935 Olds and 1929 Studebaker that she had before the Pontiac. I have the bill, dated 1937, from the Packard dealer that sold her the used Stude.

17. deto

deto

Crack pipe underneath the drivers seat in a 64 dodge van. Interestingly they didn't hit it til the rock was all gone. Must have stashed it in a hurry...

18. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

I just remembered one,I bought a '79 Cordoba a year ago just for the motor and trans,and while going through it I found an envelope under the seat that was full of hair.

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

ew. what the fuck?

20. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

I think those were my exact words.

21. TonyVan

TonyVan
    from Vancouver

On a glued-in section of a bad floor 'repair' on an old VW, a guy had taped a handwritten note saying 'to the future owner - sorry about this repair, it's the best I can do' or words to that effect.
    Made me a little more sympathetic when I fixed it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  22. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

That's a good one!:D

23. artythefarty

artythefarty
    from Yakima, WA

I had a '38 Chev sedan delivery and under one of the rotten kick panels was a chewed on Confederate $10.00 bill in the middle of a mouse nest. I didn't think they made '38 Chev's in the Civil War, Wow that car WAS OLD!

24. i drove rotation tow in the SF bay area
    had an chevy van in the yard that was a mild custom
    it was an impound after a DUI was there over a 9 months
    i bought it from lean sale
    while cleaning it out i found lots of lotary tickets
    i took them to a store to scan them most of them were $1.00 to $5.00 winners
    there were 27 of them
    the last one i got a look from the clerk it was a $1000.00 WINNER

25. Newest arrival today: Blanket, fake golf grass carpet, a stand-up Santa Claus (I left him where I got the car), two wheelbarrow tires on the axles, a bunch of old insurance cards, and some extra gauges - a cheapie round oil pressure and ammeter and a S-W paired oil pressure and ammeter, both rectangular in one white plastic housing designed to attach to the bottom of a dash. I'll have to post a pic of them, I've never seen a set like that before. Look to be like 70s era, I'm sure they're not rare or anything, but they're a neat set anyhow.

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

LOL! Holy shit, an 1838 Chevy sedan delivery! Did it have the Conestoga package?

27. fortynut

fortynut

Tools. Lots of nice tools. And, a fifty Peso coin in an Impala I bought from the Sheriff's auction in Monrovia,CA for the engine and trans. It was a getaway car used in the robbery of a convenience store. The post about the bloody knife caused me to flash on OJ. They never found that one did they? Might be in an old car just waiting for one of us to find. And give dope to the cops? Lot of Boy Scouts on this site.

28. AD

AD

Found a cute pair of panties wedged in the back seat of my 54 belair' ,, ahh, i can almost see it now, people boning in the back seat, losing panties.. almost magical'

29. mottly

mottly

my first car was a shitty old morris 1300 that had been owned by a hippie. Hooning over gravel roads and the back seat fell out - low and behold, there was a 1oz bag of cannabis under the seat.....

30. DougHH

DougHH

i found a bunch of wierd notes and stuff when i was pulling apart the seat covers on my 59. old wrappers and letters and such but just last week i pulled apart the doors this time to shave the door handles and theres a penny (aussie old timey coin) loose in the door in the dirt built up in the bottom of the door. rubbed the coin clean. its from 1960. chances are thats been there since 1960.

so i grabbed the penny and i thought you know i might keep this like a lucky penny.

i lost it a few hrs later ofcourse, since i am so lucky now.