Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torrance/ Hawthorne area Aug 10-14?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadsled RnR, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

Hey gals/guys,
    Im heading out to visit the grandparents in the Southbay area from August 10-14. as I have not lived out that way since I was real young, Im not sure whats near there hot rod wise? I'll be between Torrance and Hawthorne the whole time, and if i get some free time would like to check out anything near there...museums, drags strips, car shows, shops..anything. Trip is mainly to see the grandparents, but if I could sneak in some car stuff that'd be great....oh and any shows too for you music types. Thanks!

2. Church

Church
    from South Bay

There's a gathering of cars in Redondo Beach on Saturdays. Not all traditional. I think it's on 19th and Anza.....then it moves to Artesia and Hawthorne blvd.It leaves the Anza lot around 8am.

Then there is a bunch of cars at Ruby's by the water. I want to say it's on Thursdays from 2pm until ???..... but don't quote me on that. I always miss it due to work, but usually pass a few cars on my way home.

3. brandoni

brandoni

The Ruby's diner meet is Friday nights from 4pm-8pm. Cool little show. I try to make it each Friday. Its down on Redondo beach off of Beryl st I believe.

4. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

Unfortunately, my dad and I are hittin the road back to CO Saturday morning. We may be in Redlands for Friday night. If we managa to stay in Southbay Friday night, Ill def have to check that out, thanks!

5. brandoni

brandoni

Also try to hit up Gasser's off of Aviation. Its a block south of Artesia. Really cool bar, the owner is really cool and the whole bar is made up of bike parts and hot rod stuff.

6. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

7. Weasel

Weasel

Bob's Big Boy Broiler on Firestone Blvd. in Downey - Wednesday and Saturday nights are cruise nights. Usually infested with HAMBers....

8. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

Anyone go to the Orange or Anaheim cruise-ins listed on the Socal website? I grew up in Orange and was planning on making a trip back there..may go to that Fatburger cruise-in.

9. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

Figured Id give this a bump...anyone else know of anything?

10. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

You could always come down to my shoppe and take me out for lunch. I really would enjoy that.

11. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

Ill bump this up another time...leavin on Tuesday...anybody got anything else to add?

12. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

Im a Torrance guy... Hate to say it. Its a bit boring round these parts. Theres a cool little shop on main street in El Segundo called Gasoline that sells some pretty cool stuff and has an art gallery.