Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help in Mound Minnesota and get a FREE 1954 Ford!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Jul 16, 2010.

1. krooser

krooser

Looks like a little undercover work is in the works...

Speaking of 'undercover' work'..Scooby I'm really sorry... for the kids sake I hope he doesn't look like me...

hehehe

2. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

Both vehicles are in my storage lot. I don't like to talk people down but this guy is really something else. somebody say something about cookies???????

3. havi

havi

Great that you got them!

4. I am not local to any of this (Canada eh) but that's a great thing you did Towaholic. Youse good people:).

5. Roadsir

Roadsir

Towaholic, What a stand up move on your part, you have my respect. It's really rare these situations get resolved.

6. belair

belair

7. crapshoot

crapshoot

good deal , at least there safe now, great job towaholic

8. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Good job towaholic .You should get a glass of milk to go with those cookies I think !!!!!

9. Hey ! hotrodladycrusr ! cookie time, what flavor for our man ! Job well done, my hats off to you !

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  10. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

I think besides cookie, several cases of adult beverages too!! Glad you got them out of there. I recall Porter Mufflers ( Clark and Teresa) are in Mound also.

Michael

11. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

YYYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! You all found out before I even did! HUGE THANKS to Lance for helping me out on a shitty situation. I don't know if I'll ever get the titles from him but at least the cars are somewhere safe. Thanks to all for offers of help and for the actual help.

12. wildfan1833

wildfan1833
    from Minnesota

Glad you will soon get them. I just was arounf mound today. Whish I would have seen this post this morning

13. crapshoot

crapshoot

you gotta be kidding me he never gave you the titles, what the hell is wrong with that guy, i hope you put some pressure on him with local law to hand them over too you, he could get in some serious shit look what happened to denny hecker:D

edit: (denny hecker= car dealer in mn thrown in jail for not getting titles to car buyers and other things)see link

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15513496?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  14. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

What a load of crap.
    Towaholic and Scooby; be careful, if he's still got the title's, he's still got partial power over those cars. I don't know they guy or how big of a dick he is, but I wouldn't put it past someone like this to file charges of theft, and claim he never got paid. I know you've got all your documentation in order, but that doesn't mean it can't still turn out to be a headache.
    Good luck with the mess!

15. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

The HAMB is a powerful thing good to know we have so many people wanting to help out.

16. I have met and traded parts with Lance, he is an all around good dude.

17. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Cheers to Towaholic-man what a class move to help out a distant Brother that can't cut free cause he has a new baby.
    Glad to see the cars hadn't been resold and gone. Even if the seller tries to claim the cars are his (with titles in hand), I'm sure he'll have to get past some junkyard dogs. Hope he shows with the cops and titles in hand and they confiscate his titles or arrest him for fraud on the spot (his choice).

18. Glad to see all basically worked out. Real car guys and gals will always go out of their way to help. Im in South Carolina but was ready to head north to teach this guy some southern manners.

19. 68wagon

68wagon

:Dglad you have got your cars mate. Towaholic you are a legend well done. the hamb rocks

20. I hate to see things like this, most people I have delt with in MN have been good, but there always some "bad apples" making us look bad. Good thing it worked out, I would still have the police involved to get those titles- hopfully he didn't sell them.

21. Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

Towaholic, you rock! Hope you get your cookies soon, you deserve them.

Unclescooby, keep us posted on how it turns out with the title situation. Glad YOUR cars are safe for now.

22. oldpaint

oldpaint

Towaholic, you’re a Superhero!
    A true Legend, for years to come they will be telling stories about the hero who sprang into action and didn’t just sit at his keyboard and talk tough, but got out there and made it happen.
    This is but one story in the life of Towaholic, who battles the elements when no one else will to help damsels in distress and other stranded motorists.

23. titus

titus

24. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

Towaholic is the man!..theres alot of standup guys here on the hamb,well except for that chopperjeff dude..im glad you got your vehicles unclescoob and i hope you get those titles!

25. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Really glad to hear it all worked out.
    I hate it when long distance deals go badly.

This is areal testament to the (98%) good group of people here on the HAMB.

Jay

26. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Totally inspiring thread.
    Towaholic, You get Hero d'jour.
    The HAMB is truly a wonderful place.
    Unc, Dayum, dude, prayers DO get answered.

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's awesome! Hope you can still get the titles!!

28. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Maybe send a self adressed stamped envelope to him, hopefully he'll drop the title in it and mail it back to you....and not just peel the stamp off....

29. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

good deal! nice to know the decent folk won this time. can you imagine how it would go hirin this guys company for any kind of work?! maybe the folks in minnesota need to know the name of that company so they can make informed decisions when lookin at bids.....
    p.s. above and beyond towaholic, above and beyond. :)