Register now to get rid of these ads!

For all those thinking of entering the extreme autorama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Starliner, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Donzie

Donzie

[ QUOTE ]
    ...all these whiners are just trying to get something for free.....and when they don't, they cry about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Doug and Wendy Whiner says:
    But we don't wanna go to the car show. They make too much money. It's not fair.

Attached Files:

2. gasmonkey

gasmonkey

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

I have first hand opinions about what ever the f*** Gas Money guy's name is, based on events in Colorado, Texas and SF. They are just that, OPINIONS. And they're about him

I didn't come into the scene at the last minute and try to buy myself into it. I helped MAKE THE SCENE, along with a bunch of others on the HAMB and beyond, so don't even talk about me and him in the same breath.

I'm a big enough man to tell it like it is. I think you guys are WAY too talented to be hanging around that guy. I really hope I'm wrong about him and his slick-palm sleaziness, for your sake. And if I am I'll be the first one to admit it.

BTW My cussing does not mean that I dislike you, I don't even know you. I'm just pissed off. Heck, when I meet you at the show I'll give you a big hug. I'm serious, I'll do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all Kirk you are right, the guys that work for me are way talented!! Thanks for giving them credit.

That said, you are entitled to your opinions, but we have met only ONCE, 3 weeks ago in SF you were receptive to me and had nothing negitive to say in person. We even did business together, I bought some wheels from you.(you took the money right from my "slick sleazy palm"). Hell, you even let me sit on your bike and check it out. But you continue to bash me here on the Hamb.

Have conviction in your opinions or give the new guy a chance.

I have worked and slaved for everything I have. I don't come from money. I rode the bus and carried a discount lunch card!! I am f*****g proud of where I am and of my company.
    You said if you are wrong you will admit it... hopefully this is true and you are the man you say.

As always you and anyone for that matter, are welcome at my shop anytime.

MarkX really wants his Hug!!!

Gmonkey

"all are welcome.. step into the light..."

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Gas Monkey...

You are right you bought wheels and tires from me and you sat on my bike. I'm not rude enough to say no. We were all courteous even though we had and talked about other opinions.

If you want my opinion, just ask. Yes we met in SF but I was a fly on the wall in the Homebuilt Heaven area in TX and was standing behind you when you bought the Shark in CO. Not to mention that in SF I was standing in the group of people who you tried to impress by asking your employee to count the $5000 cash you had in your pocket and handed it to him right through the middle of our conversation. That's something that you do in private unless it's a grandstanding tactic. Needless to say every guy standing there thought that was a jackass move.

I feel like you are a Johnny-come-lately with a load of money who is trying to buy your way into our scene. There are tons of us who have worked for years on these types of vehicles, not looking for recognition, just acceptance. Now that we are "cool" people are coming along and trying to jump on the bandwagon. From what I see and have heard, you are a prime example. You need to earn your stripes.

Many of us are not impressed with flashing wealth around, like giant polished rigs and trailers parked in the middle of homebuilt works of art. We do this for love not the money.

That being said, I truly hope my impressions are wrong, because it will be much easier to add another great person to our world that it will be to try to keep a money flasher out.

And watch out, because if I'm wrong I'm coming after you for a hug too.

4. gasmonkey

gasmonkey

Sorry if appeared as grandstanding, I was sh**faced drunk and trying to buy the car before the guy changed his mind. I don't have alot of money and I,m risking everything I do have on my business.

Don't hate me for the polished rig. Its the most economical option to get cars and goods accross country every month and I even transport other peoples cars to help offset the cost. I,m just a working man doing the best I can.

I am just lucky enough to be doing what I love(cars)...for money.

Your impressions are wrong and I don,t mind earning my stripes.

Hope to see you in Detroit!!

Gmonkey

"what happens if I get out of that groove?"

5. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

awwww, I'm starting to feel all warm and fuzzy inside....

[​IMG]

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

We'll keep moving forward.

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

[ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

MMM....like Schnapps!

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

MMM....like Schnapps!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nope, like two guys hugging [​IMG]

9. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Hey guys, just cuz the show's in MI doesn't mean you guys can all just be GMB's... You've gotta earn that too! [​IMG]

10. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

[​IMG]
    Now that we have all that over and everyone is feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.Lets here about some of the cars thats gonna be there.Also I tried emailing about bikes thru the website for autorama and have not got a reply.Can a old school bobber be in this area?
    Later Shoe

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[ QUOTE ]
    Can a old school bobber be in this area?
    Later Shoe

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted from AutoramaBob further up in this thread.... kinda got buried in all the drama

[ QUOTE ]
    It is up to US to show them what it is about. The CARS (and bikes etc.) are indeed the stars of the show, always have been, always will be!

Just my little rant...

[/ QUOTE ]

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

So, who's entering? I am...

13. bashton

bashton

I remember recieving and responding to your e-mail Larry. I am on the road, last week in Chicago and now in Baltimore for the AutoRama and World of Wheels shows here. My internet access is very limited and I work off of a $hitty out of date laptop.

Anyway, to answer your question; ABSOLUTELY! We would be honored to have you and your bike as part of the Autorama Extreme! I think that this event surely would not be complete without at least a few "Old School Bobbers!"

14. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Hey if you want to call me larry thats fine or call me my other brother darrel thats fine too! LOL but really its Dave. I dont know if I can work out my schedule to be able to go all weekend as I am doin the world of wheels in Indy this weekend and I have save cash to go to Viva Las Vegas in march. I appericate the offer if I cant make it for the weekend I still gonna try to make it for a day.
    Later Shoe

15. bashton

bashton

Sorry, Dave...like I said, I am working off a shitty laptop and it musta changed your name on me. (just kidding). Anyway, would love to have you there either way, look me up...I will be the goofy guy running around all over the place with a silly grin on my face.

16. abomber30

abomber30
    from syc, ILL

how do I know if my car gets to go? I sent the entry money and stuff in.thanks drew

17. bashton

bashton

Got your entry, and you are indeed IN. We are working out some "last minute" details with the Cobo folks and will be sending out the acceptance/move-in letters early next week.

We have room for maybe 8-10 more cars and just a few 10x10 commercial spots, so if you haven't and you want to or know someone who does, have them give me a call asap.

Thanks; BA

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'll be there! I'm getting my flight today.

19. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Wow! This is gonna be a much bigger HAMB event than last year :D How fun!

kris

20. coupedevil

coupedevil

We will be there too!

21. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I don't have the vacation time to burn to bring a car up there for 4 days. Let alone the $$ involved to blow.....
    I will be there though.. bringing 2 bus loads of people. Looking foward to meeting many of my fellow HAMBer's.

Spoons

22. abomber30

abomber30
    from syc, ILL

Are you sure you got mine? I sent it to the regular autorrama people. My good buddy justincredible called you today about a 61 merc. some of you on the hamb have seen it at the pileup. why can't he bring it to the autorama extreme. it looks like everycar in the young guns section of rod n custom and it is similar to starliners car! whats the deal. I really need to know if my car is in so I can figure out what park bench i am sleeping on. cause I have not made plans of where to stay yet. later drew

23. abomber30

abomber30
    from syc, ILL

Are you sure you got mine? I sent it to the regular autorrama people. My good buddy justincredible called you today about a 61 merc. some of you on the hamb have seen it at the pileup. why can't he bring it to the autorama extreme. it looks like everycar in the young guns section of rod n custom and it is similar to starliners car! whats the deal. I really need to know if my car is in so I can figure out what park bench i am sleeping on. cause I have not made plans of where to stay yet. later drew[/QUOTE]

24. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

The Bleedster is not going to make it..... I just don't have the cash to make it happen to the level I want to... It's gonna be close though... I can't sleep I'm so excited.

I wasn't going to go at all, but I think me and Tuck are going to drive the roadster.... Anyway, I paid for two spots, so Drew, if you need one it's yours...

25. bashton

bashton

[/QUOTE]

Give me your exact name and which car is yours to [email protected] and let me know which app you applied on, along with which section you wish to be in.

As for your Buddy with the 61, I didn't turn him down, I requested pics and said we would go from there. From his description the car sounds more like a Lowrider, but if it falls into the "Traditional" style, I am sure we would welcome him in AutoRama Extreme. Is his car "Traditional" or a Lowrider? Let me know!

Thanks/BA

26. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

..............bring "Bleed" CDs and photos to autograph. That should rake in a few bucks. I want a CD!!!!:cool:

"...........as seen on the Mad Fabricators Society DVD and heard on the MFS sound track CD.........."

27. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

I want a CD too. Pretty much all the Flint guys got 'em, 'cept me, when you came to town...:mad: :rolleyes:

28. Plowboy

Plowboy

Drew, I thought you were going to bunk with Craig, Ernie and me? I even bought a special outfit!

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What about Mel?? Wasn't he included in the "dormatory" reservations at Big Olds's casa??:cool:

30. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'm bummed. I just don't see my bucket being ready for the show. The interior has to get done, still got a busted stud in the block preventing the ne head from being installed and my family comes first. I need about 3-4 good solid days to work on it and that ain't gonna happen. But, I will be at the show to harrass everyone!