Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rebel Wire 9+3

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mattilac, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Mattilac

Mattilac

Was just going through the search and reading about Rebel-Wire. Is this a good kit for a beginner? I've never wired a car before, but my F100 direly needs to be redone. Who likes em and how easy is it to rewire?

2. can't go wrong with Rebel

3. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

I still have 1 in the box waiting to go in my 50 Chevy, but I can say it looks like a really nice kit and the customer service has been top notch so far...now I just have to get the new motor in & fired up, so that I can then re-wire the whole car-Good Luck!

4. just ordered a kit on Monday...
    so far so good, great customer service!

5. dragass

dragass

My first complete wiring job was with Rebel Wire 9+3 and it was a breeze to install. If you do encounter a snag they have exellent tech help. I've installed a few other makes of harnesses since then and in my book Rebel Wire is the best.

6. WICKED 50"S

WICKED 50"S

Mine was just delivered last night, i also never rewired a car but i did a lot of research, just about to start good luck

7. GrantH

GrantH

My friend Gene (DamnFingers on here) and I wired my f100 up in a afternoon for the most part and fired the truck up for the first time. It was straight forward, everything was labeled clearly, plenty of length to the wires. Solid, cheap kit. When I rewire my O/T Toyota, it will get one of these.

Customer Service is top notch as well. We had to call them up a couple times just to double check the ignition switch wiring and he dug through the FSM for my truck to make sure we were correct, all while I was on the phone or either he called me back within 10 minutes. Great CS.

8. dannyego

dannyego

you can. I broke some connectors, but Napa was able to get me some of the old school style ones that no one else had. Not, going to lie wiring a car is a pain but the rebel harness in nice and good quality. It took me a couple of days to wire my car completely.

9. Mattilac

Mattilac

Just purchased a 9+3 harness. Got the 10% discount too. I'll post how the install goes.

10. Big Nick

Big Nick

Have one on the shelf for my truck, havent dug into it yet but seems very straight forward.

11. Yaril

Yaril

i just ordered my 3rd set of wiring kit from them. good stuff. ill be ordering yet another as soon as my shoebox gets closer to that stage.

12. Gruizer54

Gruizer54

I wired my first car with a Rebel 9+3, good quality and easy to do. Called tech support a couple of times and they were really helpful.

13. Bought a 9+3 and pulled the wires, but didn't connect them. The cables came a little short for the back, for my BIG ASS 1 ton panel, so not really a surprise I guess. Looked like a very good harness though. I've got someone else wiring it, cause I'm in Sweden and the truck is in NJ and I'd only spent 4 days working on the truck, back in April/May and the brakes took up most of my time. I've only got good things to say about their quick an good service!

Klaus

14. 55oldsrocket

55oldsrocket
    from Santa Ana

its a good kit, i hate electrical and was able to do it. the tech support didnt mind my stupid questions either. this is a good kit and its cheaper than others

15. Three Widow's Garage

Three Widow's Garage

Just finishing one up, good basic kit. Not quite as compleat as some of the other ones I have used, seems to be good quality and the price is right. The only problem I ran into a few of the wires were a little short - my fault whith the mounting location of the fuse block and routing of the wires.

16. Mattilac

Mattilac

Where did you put your fusebox? I think I'll be okay if I mount the fusebox where they recommend it, under the driver's side dash.

17. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I have wired a dozen or so cars with the rebel wire harness. Very easy and straight forward to work with. I have a few tips for first time guys that i learned the hard way:
    1- Do not cut all the zip ties on the harness (only the ones holding the bundles of wire together)
    2- Add the additional +3wires to the fuse panel before mounting

I'm sure it says this in the instructions, but who reads that.:D

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

Just wired my '65 Econoline with a Rebel Wire 9+3 REAR mounted kit. Actually Mike (1LowTrk) did almost all the wiring. I mounted it in a cavity behind the passenger seat so I expected some wires to be too long, and some to be too short, but we ended up having to modify very few. Mike said his only real complaint was that some of the wires were heavier gauge than they needed to be... which is hardly a complaint.

Customer service and tech support was great. The instructions were very clear and easy to understand. The kit doesn't look as slick as Painless, but since no one is going to see it, who cares? Plus, it's made entirely in the USA and HALF the price of Painless.

19. Voh

Voh

Matt - I used EZ-Wire when I did that '64 I had. the hardest part i found to overcome was the initial cut into the loom. I had more the 9 circuits so i needed to remove a bunch. once i started it was all good. I'd you could figure it out.

20. cJAY

cJAY

hello. This is my first post on your sight. I hope you don't mind me asking some questions. I am looking to re-wire a 1955 CJ3b (I know this is not the normal car that you guys do). I was thinking about the rebel 8 or 9+3 wiring harness. My questions are... i can not see a need as of now for more than the 8. Should I get the 9+3 just in case? In preparation for this project, what else should be bought (heat shrink butt connector, split loom, additional connector/terminals)? How do you run the rear loom for the brake light? Ho to you attach it so it doesn't sag? If look, what size?

I just wanted to say thank you in advance for helping.

21. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

I like them! American made easy to use! The price is more then reasonable! Thats a win win

22. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

On my 61 f100 I made a little bracket to mount it to the firewall under the dash. THINK before you run any wire. I managed to keep 90% of mine hidden on the frame and off the firewall. Its bundled in sections, front, rear, cab, motor. Pick a bundle and run it, then do another. I've never done electrical before but managed to get all mine done in just a couple of weeks doing a few hours of it a day.

Had one problem, was my fault. Took one call to them and 15 mins on the phone before it was diagnosed. product and service are second to none.

The next vehicle I build, I'll order my harness from them, no questions about it.