Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Cracker from Sunny Portsmouth, VA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jwhitey, Jul 21, 2010.

1. jwhitey

jwhitey

Been an occasional lurker on here for awhile and member over on the JJ for a couple years now and figured it's time to sign up and contribute something to society. Mainly get some knowledge. Been into motorbikes (HDs) for almost 10 years now. Built my first chopper from the ground up last year. I've always wanted an old late 40s to 59 pickup project. Wasn't too picky, I can appreciate all of em, but I've always had a thing for the 48-54 Chevys and GMCs.

Finally able to save up a little cash for a project truck and sold off a surfboard and a bicycle and was able to score a 54 GMC 5 window pickup. Body in really good shape and pretty complete - minus the motor and tranny - with a clean title. Also came with about a 52 or 53 chevy chassis and open cab parts truck. Made out pretty good. I've already found a ton of good info to give me an idea how to get started. Plan so far is to either do a 4" dropped axle or camaro sub frame, 350 chevy and automatic transmission, new wiring harness and brakes and hopefully get it rolling in a year or so.

Here's a couple pics from the day I brought it home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

welcome from No Ca

3. Welcome from Arkansas. Looks like a good start, enjoy....

4. jwhitey

jwhitey

Thanks for the links, man!

5. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Nice truck, welcome to the HAMB :)

6. welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.

firstnomad

7. Welcome form just south of the border...Greenville, NC

8. Welcome from Maryland..........nice truck!

9. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from west Ga.