Register now to get rid of these ads!

July Banger Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat Ernie, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Look what I got in the mail today

Thanks Jim.

Attached Files:

2. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

He does nice work. I got to see them this spring up in mass. I am glad to see him sell some in today's market

3. 97

Little cars for the little people!!:D I have issues with the 29 Roadster, have extended the quarterpanels for the 28 Rpu ,;).

4. Is it an optical illusion or is there a boss above the motor mount bolt on the passenger side of the timing cover? If not is the weight supported by the bolt?

5. rockman29

rockman29

Glad to see you got the parts Dan. Can't wait to see photos of them installed.

You have a good set of eyes Bill. Let me know if you make it to the northeast, I can use your help searching out old iron, Ha Ha. The rear motor mounts take most of the weight, the front mount has very little in comparison, evidenced by the dainty size of the stock front mount. We haven't had any problems with the cover , it is a fairly heavy casting at that location, much heavier than the stock cover.

Still have a couple left from this run if any is interested.

-Jim

6. Just meant that I wouldn't want to tick her off... and at her height she'd easily do some permanent damage to certain areas of my 6'6" self with one swift right hook :eek::D

7. Entlebucher

Entlebucher

I have to pick up the question of junkOSC: anyone having an idea on this intake? I have allready seen this combination on other A´s...

8. It would appear to be a manifold for the Pinto Weber carb adapted to a different carb mounting flange. I think I have seen them as blanks, you drill, put your carb on. That last just might be a senior moment though. At least I tried!

Today I took delivery of a NOS 1950's Mallory 6 volt coil that came in the original box with the original literature and condenser with the mounting bracket and hardware. On the box and molded into the bottom of the coil are the words" The best coil I ever made" Ebay sleeper!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  9. See above!

10. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

has the manifold been modified ? as in for a 97 in stead of maybe a winfield ?? .. steve

11. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

jason ,
    just talked to sac. vintage , they have tried to order the 8.5 head with no response from larry . this was twice last yr & still no response .............. steve

12. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Heres a pic of my little banger :cool:

Attached Files:

13. Don't quite understand Steve, are we posting about the same manifold? I said that I believed the manifold in question was one that was designed for the Pinto Weber as sold by Sac. Vin. Ford and many other suppliers. It has apparently been modified or maybe just redrilled for the carburetor now mounted on it.

14. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

bill ,
    your correct . i was just guessing .................. steve

15. I think the company is ACR or ARC or something like that. I have seen them advertised in olderish catalogs (mid 2000's). Weren't too expensive, raw form as others have described where you have to put your own studs, and openings for carb in them. I believe mine is what is in your picture. I got it from a guy who claimed he was getting outta the banger hobby to pursue VWs and other non banger related automobilia. Best pictures I have at the moment. It has also been polished.-Weeks

To make the pictures larger on your computer press ctrl +. To go back to your regular screen size press ctrl -.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

Boneyard- great looking car! What's the carb?

17. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Its a webber thanks I got it from penut here on the hamb, He did some real trick stuff to it. He made the water neck out of ss.. He also made the intake....and alot more the littel banger is 60 over just been built....

18. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Had some fun at the Mooneyes show and drag Sunday. Ran the 1/8th mile drags a bunch. here is one of the runs:

19. you were keeping up with the 32 pretty well
    what was he running for a motor
    tk[

QUOTE=Crazydaddyo;5448818]Had some fun at the Mooneyes show and drag Sunday. Ran the 1/8th mile drags a bunch. here is one of the runs:

[/QUOTE]

20. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Craz........ you should a post one you WON! :)

21. Weeks, the company was AC&R, now out of business and Sac. Vin. Ford now lists carb/manifold as discontinued, they have discontinued quite a few A B intake manifolds

22. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

If you look a little closer, He red lit. So, I did win. :D

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  23. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

He was running a Small block Chevy.

24. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

25. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i thought you were asleep at the lite . red lite explains alot . you did good since he had a chevy in it ................. steve

26. My grandson ran against a "T" bucket with a SBC and the guy ran 80 MPH while the grandson ran 79 on that pass at the Antique Nationals this year, That was the guys dial in while my grandson's ended up at 82 Think about it, both cars probably weighed about the same but our car was powered by a repop Winfield head on an 80 year old "A" block.

27. RandyLP

RandyLP

Been Reading the Banger Threads and hope to one day join the Banger scene.. Heres my Project Coupster.. Been Cut up long before I was born.. Was my jungle gym at the Farm since I was 2 I am now 40 and Now got it pulled out of the grove and soon to get to my place to start tinkering on it.. Hope to start work on my engine this winter also.. The car was last used as a Jack Rabbit Hunting machine.. and must have had a light mounted on a bracket that was welded to the left front spindle.. If only it could talk..
    Randy L Peterson

Attached Files:

• 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      496.2 KB
      Views:
    • 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      486.7 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      498.1 KB
      Views:
    • 100.jpg
      100.jpg
      File size:
      220.5 KB
      Views:
    • 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      238.9 KB
      Views:
    • 102.jpg
      102.jpg
      File size:
      262.9 KB
      Views:
  28. celticskull

celticskull

wow for something sitting out for that long and had you jumping all over it its in great condition
    will be cool when your done

29. Bodger45

Bodger45

30. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Well show up at work today (acdelco service center) and they have a 28 model a for a new fuel gauge and an oil change, beats working on hondas, anyways what oil do you guy's like(original banger, original everything) the customer shrugged and said it hasn't been changed in 10-15 years(yikes) he didn't know what he wanted in it.