Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Deuce Days in Victoria, B.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steveo, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Those are some killer rides! But i heard that these guys showed up and ruined the whole party:D

[​IMG]

2. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

And Still More pics

Attached Files:

3. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

More Pics

Attached Files:

4. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

And this is it for pics from me. I think I have to say my favorite Deuce was the B400 with the pines winterfront grill, 25 louver hoodsides, and Eddie Meyer Speed equipment on the motor. That car was amazing. But a close second was the red 5 window hi-boy with the blown ardun flathead. That car was really cool too. It was nearly impossible to take a picture without someone walking in front of your camera, there were sooo many people there. I couldn't believe how many cars came all the way up from So-Cal!!! That was really awesome to see. And Vic Edelbrock Jr. sat for almost the whole day giving free signed Edelbrock hats and poster away with his daughter. It was a lot of fun to just roam around the streets looking at all the cars.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  5. 65 impala

65 impala

thanks for posting

6. big*b & Deucedreamer ... thanks for adding your pics!

7. RussH

RussH

Just posted in another thread, figured I might as well throw a comment in here as well. I was down there with my son in the "hot-rod" wagon I just built him (see picture). My camera died shortly after we got there, and I didn't get any shots of the wagon at the show, which is really disappointing, since it was built for this weekend. I know that a ton of pictures were taken of it, so if anyone has any I'd really like to get a copy, regardless of the quality, I just want "proof". Thanks.

Attached Files:

8. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

That's a lot of cool Deuces! Thanks for posting!

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

10. I'm figguring how to up load these pics; I think!

http://[​IMG]

11. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

So thats why there were so many rods downtown Sunday night. I was there on a cruise to Alaska. I usually work on Holland America ships but this time I took my wife family on vacation. Very nice cars!

12. budd

budd

a friend was at my shop today who worked security, he says there were 70,000 people there, who saw EL TORO?

13. It was a great show. There was a lot of people in the afternoon. The best time was to see all the cars was at 7am. The guys who wanted the "best spot" started to line up at about 4:30. Of course I forgot my camera early in the morning so I only took a few pictures later on.

These are at Bear Mountain Golf course on Saturday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Downtown on Sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one was painted in 1966

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. I did.

[​IMG]

15. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

16. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I was part of our group of 11 cars that drove up from Orange County, CA. We hooked up with the norcal group in Redding , and left there with about 110 cars . Here's a few pics that I took. I was also fortunate to recieve the "Participants Award " for the Deuce catagory . All in all , a fun event in a spectacular setting .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  17. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

nice pictures! Thanks for sharing!

18. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Love the Ardun powered 5 window....

Great pic's....

19. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

My hat is off to Al Clarke who organizes this event. I don't know how he does it. Somehow he has the power to block off the main arteries in downtown Victoria during the busy tourist season.
    Over 100 cars from California? What recession?
    Congratulations Al!!

20. philly the greek - thanks for sharing those pics ... I sure hope you guys gave Meadors tons of grief for driving his '40 Coupe to a Deuce event ;) ... Congrats on the "Participants Award".

Candy-Man - That's Dennis & Mark Mariani's (BRIZIO built) 5wd ... I love it also ... so much so that I picked it for my father's memorial award at last year's GG West Coast Nats (pics HERE).

21. b-bop

b-bop

RussH
    Snapped a pick of your "Roadster Punk" kid and talked to you about the whitewalls later in the day.

Attached Files:

22. billthx138

billthx138

I'm moving to Sequim, Wa. in 2011 and cant wait to tour the peninsula in my roadster. I will certainly be at this show next time.

23. billthx138 - Rumor has it that the Northwest Deuce Day is moving to Las Vegas in 2012! :rolleyes: :D

24. billthx138

billthx138

Nope, they do not let you drive on the grass, unless you sneak on for a photo.

Attached Files: