Register now to get rid of these ads!

A few Aussie questions.

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by sideways_403, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Is there a HA/GR class in Australia? If there is, does it run in W.A?

I'm in the process of building *something* out of the old "junk" on my uncles farm, I was originally going to build a sort of dirt track racer but I might build one of these. Anyway... I have a fabricated chassis from a buggy that some one was building in the 60s (never finished), the "Green Diamond" engine from an International KB2 (214cu" sidevalve strait 6, 84hp, 160 nm), half a dozen old truck gearboxes to choose from and a few axle choices. So, assuming the rules are the same over here, can I run a fabricated bell housing? Must I have suspension?(I have axles that could easily bolt to the chassis) What are the braking requirement? Must the front and rear axle be from the same vehicle?

Seeing as there is literally nothing for this engine, I will be making my own go faster bits for it, would there be any limitations on this?

One more thing, If I can't get that Inter engine going (it's been sitting in the corner of a shed for 20+ years with nothing blocking the ports) could I use the engine from a Peugeot 403? (as I know where to get them and how to make them go faster) Their a 1450cc hemi 4, about 60hp, alloy head, 4 speed gearbox ect. made from 1955-late 60s. They were more or less a bored out 203 engine which has been around since the mid 40s.

Thanks

Hayden

2. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

hey Hayden, it would be great to someone start something on the west coast and there is one in Qld running early Peugeot motor in it and he has a blast, heres a link for ya to get all ya answers and if you PM QQmoon he will steer you inthe right direction....... just remember to make sure you have fun building it and drivin it too:D www.hambstergarage.com/
    check out our youtube page and have a look at some of the cars over here on the eastcoast
    http://www.youtube.com/user/blackknightracing

take care Steve

3. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Fun with the biggest smile possible is the best combination , just ask anyone who has driven on e and they will tell you.
    good luck with the build.

4. Hmmm, sucks there's no class in W.A, any ideas on how to get one started? I'm only a young guy so you know, no idea about the politics of drag racing. Anyone else over here want to get one started?

Why is there a rule saying Aussie or American engines only? I can understand the no autos and other rules but I don't get that one? I understand American and Australian were the most common on these types of machines but you can't say none of them had euro engines, there's always the weird people (like me) that think out side the norm.

Thanks

Hayden

5. hotrodmatt

hotrodmatt

http://www.hambstergarage.com/
    Has just gone into beta testing live on the web...

Interactive and informative (even if in its infancy).
    This should quickly grow to be a great resource for all things Aussie and Kiwi HA/GR.