Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for some pictures please!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleetmaster, Jul 19, 2010.

1. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

so some of you may have seen my post earlier about trim pieces for my 47 chevy coupe. I have been looking for fastners/clips for the trim that goes around the belt line and around the side windows. the trouble is, every place i call needs sample clips before they can help me out. the problem with this is, i don't have the original clips. i have some random jars of pieces, but i'm not even sure what some of the stuff is supposed to look like. so i was wondering if anyone out there could help me out with this dilemma. maybe post some pics of the various clips or something along those lines? anything would be great. thanks-fleet

2. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

3. Search, Restoration Specialties and Supplies, Windber pa. I think they have an on line catalog.

4. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

yeah, i have already talked with them. the trouble is, they don't have anything specifically for a 47 so they need original samples to match

5. Try I & I Reproductions out of Paramount, CA.

6. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Chev's of the 40's lists clips for "exterior moulding around side windows" 1941-48
    Part # 10:708
    Old catalog says 10 for $5.50, and coupes need 90, 4 doors need 120
    Don't know if they're universal ones (the wire 'snap in' ones), or the correct ones, no pics in the book.

7. skidsteer

skidsteer

Try contacting Denise, hotrodladycruzr on here, she has had a couple of late 40's Olds converts, and went thru similar searches for trim, etc. They might be the same as a Chevy?