Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Kustoms.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Dec 22, 2005.

1. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

3. 62cadd

62cadd

heres my now sold machines, 60 El camino and 62 Caddy, I know not as cool as some of the rides here but nevertheless cool, working on a 63 Belair now and and a 64 Galaxy..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. billys54

billys54

I love this thread.

5. Customikes

Customikes
    from SoCal

Yes I agree, its inspirational. Think I'll go back out and work on Jons 55 Buick again as it has cooled down to 81 degrees at 11 pm:eek:

Mike

www.Customikes.com

6. So do I !!!! Glad to see people want to still look at customs.

7. Bob , is that a trick statement ? :(

8. Customikes

Customikes
    from SoCal

Jeffsled,

Your's is the best location statement I've seen in a while:

"Location: Where it's MANDATORY to put back your stainless window trim after you chop your car."

Mike

9. trusty-t

trusty-t

My 52'Chevy

Attached Files:

10. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Hear, hear!!

11. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Holy shit,that ride is friggin amazing,the front end is really nice,great work.

12. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Wow! That thing is beautiful! More pics!

13. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

I took this pic in 1957 of the Dick Schneider Merc sittin' in front of Ed Roth's shop ,,one of my all time fav's ,,
    [​IMG]

14. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Rickster found this rare color pic of the "Schneider" Merc ,,thanks Rick ,,
    [​IMG]

15. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Another pic of the "Schneider" merc I took that day ,,interesting the '56 Chevy wheel wells ,,the '55 Ford side trim ,,it had a '55 Plymouth grille and Lincoln Tail Lites ,,here you can see the frenched headlites ,,louvered hood ,,Appliton Spots ,and the White Tuck n Roll with burgandy piping interior ,,
    [​IMG]

16. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

this thread has some beautiful machinery photos in it awesome stuff

17. Im not very into late 50s customs but this merc does ruffle my feathers a bit,I dont know what it is but I do like it.

18. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

captainjunk#2;; ,,I agree ,,some mind boggling awesome kustom kars on here,,,make me wish i still had my old '51 Vickie Deluxe i had in Hi-School ,'59-'61 ,,
    Caddy Alpine white ,,nosed n decked ,,frenched headlites ,with real lead ,,,after this pic was taken it got a louvered hood ,,shaved door handles ,,dummy appletons ,and lowered to a pac a Lucky's layin' on its side under the radiator cross memeber ,,no biggy on the motor ,,just a flathead w'a mild cam ,two '97's and milled heads ,,a three speed overdrive ,, ,,had to sell it when i went into the USAF in '61 ,
    when i was out in Calf in '57 & '59 ,,hangin' out at Roths Shop ,,he gave me a name for the Vickie ,,,"Ticket Bait" ,,i painted that cartoon on the glove box door ,,
    [​IMG]

19. Thanks for the compliment. :D:D:D:D

20. Downright Bitchin' still today !

firstnomad

21. sixbangr

sixbangr

my old 1957 Rambler and an old picture (1970) of my 1950 Chevy.

Attached Files:

22. trusty-t

trusty-t

will post more pics soon ,
    I bought the car as a 2dr sedan , conveted into Carsontop . replaced the 216 with a '60 235 with powerglide, all vintage speedparts collected, dual edelbrck intake , signature Mallory dual point ,Fenton etc. Have a Isky 3/4 race cam but is small bearing!!
    made my own dropped spindles, kick-up in the rear with tri angulated 4 bar set up with a S10 rear axle with new gears, interior was new but will be changed with 60 style bucket seats and impala like rear seat.
    Have made too many changes to the car to mention,
    we are redoing the body ,I was not satisfied, my skills got better tru the years so the car is now in bare metal, we hope to finish it again!!! by the end of the year,
    Cherio
    T

23. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I love seeing photos like this.....a good example of the many great cars on the street in LA in the 50's that didn't make the magazines.

24. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

There's more pics of the Schneider Merc on Riksters Web Site ,,thanks Rikster for this clip ,the Schneider Merc was in several car shows and a few mags back then ,,but after it was sold in the early '60's ,,it ain't been seen since ,,so,,you guys in So Cal ,,keep lookin' ,it's prawley been sittin' in a barn/garage around there all these years ,,
    [​IMG]

25. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

If I was rich ..well,,even a few bucks ,,I'd love to Clone that Schneider Merc,,i spent a month at Roths Shop in '57 ,,and again in '59 ,,my folks went there from Iowa for the Rose Bowl ,,Iowa vs So Cal,,Iowa won both years ,,there were a lot of kool kustoms coming and going at Roths ,,and at the Barris Bros shop,,i just wasn't smart enough to take pictures of em all ,,heck ,i was only 15
    Back then ,,L A was like a rolling car show ,,,neet kustoms a hot rods everywhere ,,

26. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Guess i'll just keep buying Power Ball tickets ,,LOL,,no ,,not to win the Millions ,,,woudn't know what to do with that much money anyway ,,but win that $200 Grand would suit me just fine ,,EH ???

27. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Well! I for one really like your car.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  28. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here are some "Silhouettes" member's kustoms.

Attached Files:

29. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Another one of my Fav's i'd like to clone ,,this '40 Ford was in the movie ,,"Hollywood Knights" ,,,in the movie it was said this was a "Jimmy Shine" built car ,,but i think Barris built it ,,anyone know fer sure ,,???
    [​IMG]

30. JAWS

JAWS

Mine surely isn't anywhere as nice as these cars are, but I think the direction it is heading in is right on track. With alot more money and time I think it could be outstanding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]