Register now to get rid of these ads!

Puss lights yes or no?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adamshumard, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

They used to make jeweled covers for Model A dash lights, so the practice dates back a ways.

Attached Files:

2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Puss yes light no.

3. Scott F.

Scott F.

The lighting in the interior of some of these cars is down right cool. I didn't realize that this was something that was done. You learn something new every day...but seriously...

Puss Lights?

Scott

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  4. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

As far as the "puss lights" go, I think it's a cool idea. I want to see some pictures of what they look like in cars (pictures without people, preferably. :D ) My other concern would be, that although they look cool, that'd they'd be more useful as "hey police, come give me a hard time" lights. In the back of my mind I'm afraid using the colors blue or red is illegal, but I know they make neons that are blue and red. Anybody know the skinny on the law?

I'd rock em if they just sort of lit up, and didn't produce a lot of light. It seems kind of backwards to try and find a dark spot if you're just going to light up the whole car so everybody can see your business.

Now regarding the chrome glove box, rock it, and always compliment your girl when she wears a dress. :D

5. ironpile

ironpile

If you liked them then you will probably like them again.

6. Kinda hard to get a pic of it but here ya go...YES the glovebox door is chrome plated right above the 8-track player

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  7. as you can see the light just puts a glow in the car and not a big deal,and in 35 years Ive never had a cop say a word even during crusing crack downs and harrasment stops it was NEVER a issue,,,,,,,,,,,,,FYI the light under my dash is a marker light I got at a truck stop the bulb is a 194 marker bulb

8. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Hell yes put the puss lights in. Anybody that thinks that "parking" is tacky is in the wrong hobby and needs to join the quilters guild!

9. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Don't use Blue, they'd be called Waffle lights.:eek:

10. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Thanks for the pics and the info, Meatball. I think I want to run some now. :D

Oh, and my Super's glovebox door isn't chromed... but I'm pretty sure the Roadmaster I have laying around has a chrome job... *runs to check*

11. i remember seeing a story on i think a mad fabricators dvd, it was about a guy that had rebuilt someones old hotrod and there was a light similar to a third brake light that you'd turn on afterwards to let the boys know you got some action. I pulled one out of and old fe holden sedan and sold it at a swap not knowing what it was, I thought it was a third brake light- (but it had a seperate switch), the old rocker american, that bought it knew what it was.

12. those damn american sluts :D

13. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

*comes back from checking* ... Yeah buddy! That's the view I'm lookin' for! :D

14. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

propper definition= butterface.......everything looks good but her face

15. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Now here is the opposite end of the spectrum.

Kinda the same idea without the budget.

Attached Files:

16. More Puss Lights please.

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

18. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

I believe, but am not 100% positive about, is that as long as you are parked it "should" be ok, if you are driving it could be considered impersonating an officer, and that is a BIG NO NO!

19. Your NOT exhibiting a red/blue light (the cop thing) its a glow so it doesnt even come close to the law you are so worried about......and like I said Ive had these in cars over the years and NEVER had it be a issue even with some of the biggest most crooked cop in the country (Portland Oregon).Dont let it be a issue because there are other things for them to nail ya for.Its kinda like the blue dot law,Ive beat many of them because of the way the law is written (never admit its Blue).....but they are kinda fun either on cruise nite or just runnin down the street.........So relax

20. adamshumard

adamshumard

around here alot of the tuner guys have inteiors that are lit up like a xmas tree. As long as the bulb isn't visible it's ok. Same with exterior accent lighting. Now that's just my neighborhood. Can't say for anywhere else.

21. if you need a light to find the puss you have a problem:rolleyes:

22. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I learn something new from here everyday. Never heard of "puss lights" before.

Now can someone explain the chrome jockey box thing?

23. Flying A

Flying A

Wow! that struck a early memory of my 54 Chevy back in 69. I had lights in the wheel wells but I'm not sure exactly why I did it. I have another 54 Chevy today and 41 years later, I'll leave them out.

But, be cool and do it your way.

24. it works as a mirror now figure the "angle" its sittin at,:D:eek::rolleyes:

25. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

That's about what I figured it was:)

26. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

:D "Dope lights" here.

27. mac762

mac762

I was just talking to a guy about the chrome glove box deal. I was complaining about girls not hardly wearing skirts anymore.
    He said, "Hell I grew up in the 60's, I got in on the mini skirts and the turtle skirts." I said what is a "turtle" skirt? He says, " 2" below the snapper." :)......

28. When I lived where you are I was datin a girl that worked at the wagon wheel,I had a 56 f100 with a plated glove box door,one day we were going to the park downby the train for a party along with a bunch from the sidecar and she had to drive the truck cause I was ridin the HD,,,,,,she happened to look over and figure it out.........later I got this "SO I KNOW WHY YOU LIKE IT WHEN I DONT WEAR PANTIES!" yeah busted but she said it with a smile,FYI if your remember where the Santa Fe sundries was buy the old train station across from the old Sidecar Bar..heres the 56 with the chrome glovebox door and the Orignal COCA COLA sign that hung in front if the sundries from 1939 until 1981

Attached Files:

29. Just use a flashlight...