Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help in Mound Minnesota and get a FREE 1954 Ford!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Jul 16, 2010.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I bought some cars from ChopperJeff here on the HAMB back in March of this year with the condition that he had a guy able to deliver them. It never happened. Jeff was then going to deliver them. It never happened. Jeff has now chosen to no longer answer my phone calls, e-mails, or PM's here on the HAMB and is no longer a HAMB member. He DID however, cash a money order for a couple thousand dollars that I sent him back in March.
    The cars I bought were a 1954 Ford pickup truck and a 1927 Dodge 3 window coupe.

I cannot get to Minnesota right now with a new baby here. If anyone is close by and can pick up the cars I paid for and move them to a safe location, I will pay for the trouble and the truck can be yours for FREE. That's right, I will GIVE you the truck for FREE and pay the expenses of moving the coupe just to get back what I "bought" four months ago.

I have all of Jeff's information, including address, phone numbers, e-mail, company name and address (he own's his own company with his brother). If you can help me with this, I would certainly appreciate it. I'm not sure what I've done to deserve this and would just like it to go away. I thought I'd try just getting my cars before filing charges with the police. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks.

2. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

3. synthsis

synthsis

If I were closer I mos def help you out, and not even take the truck. It's just weak when something like this happens.

4. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Mound is part of the twin cities in St. Paul I believe.

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually, it's about 25 miles straight west of Minneapolis. Take 394 to Wayzata and then County 15 all the way around Lake Minnetonka to Mound. If I still lived down there, I'd help. There's gotta be a lot of HAMBer's in the west suburbs, it' kind of a hot bed of car enthusiasts.

6. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Mound is west metro.Towaholic on here owns Burdas towing in Rogers Minnesota.Contact him he may be able to help.

7. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

consider it done. PM sent.

8. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Thanks Lance,
    I'll call you here in about twenty minutes.

9. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Hope this gets resolved UncleScooby you did nothing to deserve this. Good luck getting your vehicle.

10. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Lance got in touch with him but he was "unavailable" Friday. Talked on Monday and was still "unavailable". Haven't heard anything today yet.... so I'm betting that's not good news either.

11. fatrhino

fatrhino

bummer man, hope you get your cars

12. havi

havi

I think it plain sux that someone can't follow through on their deal. If I was closer, I'd already be there.

13. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

I dont have a trailer to winch that stuff onto. I have a pickup to move em if someone with a trailer wants to meet up. p.m. me if that helps you. and you can keep your truck. unless you don't want to deal with transporting issues then I will take it to help you out.

14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I appreciate it. Towaholic is on the case. It's the "seller" that is the issue. He is at least accepting Lance's phone calls. That's more than he will do for me.

15. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

hey I live in Mound. what is his address. I will go and knock on his door first part of next week after I am back from Salina, also I am coming to Guffeys place in sept and could bring it down for you

16. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Thanks. I'm hoping Lance is able to get them this week but I'm not optimistic after all of the B.S. and now complete silence to me from Jeff. Lance has tried twice already to pick them up and he's local and has a tow truck. It's not like we are putting this guy out any. Open a gate and it's done. Just like how it started with me. I already filed charges with the police locally as that is the beginning of the process to get Minnesota police involved if it becomes necessary. I have all of the documentation of the transaction along with proof payment and that it was cashed. I'll gladly post up his info here too then so that people know not to deal with this guy (I need to check with the mods first and make sure that's cool).

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

thats cool, good luck. I have a feeling its moundsview and not mound anyhow

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Cookies to the dude that gets UncleScoobys car to a safe place.

19. havi

havi

Bloomington.

20. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Jeff's home address is in Bloomington Minn but his construction business is in Mound. I don't know which location has the cars because he won't accept my calls, e-mails, PM's or return my messages.

21. Wow that sucks. I hope you get the cars you paid for.

Good luck!

22. Good luck man.

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I hate this kind of stuff. Uncle Scooby is a good guy and deserves to get what he paid for.

24. Caretaker of the 41

Caretaker of the 41

If i can help you or lance, in any way to get the cars loaded let me know, i have thurs fri and saturdays off. Also have dually that could tow one down to your area. It would be a good reason to vist our son dart69 in illinios.

Pm me....

25. The fact that he won't answer you and is never available makes me think he's done something like sell one of them again, maybe even all of them. I hope that's not the case.

26. choptvan

choptvan

sounds like a case of " broken grille " if you catch my drift.

27. twoANDfour

twoANDfour

Hey, send me his information when you get a chance. The more locals he has calling him all the time the better the chances are that he'll just get sick of it and the very least tell you whats going on.

28. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I live in Minneapolis and am very near Bloomington. If you send me his address I can drive by and see if the cars are there outside. Knowing exactly where they are might make this easier. I'm off work the next two days and would be willing to roll by.

Sorry you're having so much trouble with this.

Jay

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  29. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

30. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Good luck man. That isn't cool at all. Not good for our economy and hobby to be ripping people off....