Register now to get rid of these ads!

me again! Finally purchased a car.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by martel317, Jul 15, 2010.

1. martel317

martel317
    from nyc

first i would like to help all the members who helped me out by looking and taking pictures of the riviera in costa mesa. i ended up with this

[​IMG]

it's not perfect but it's an awesome driver. i'm a firm believer that if you can't drive a car you will never enjoy the car.

here is a link to some extensive pictures of the exterior

http://texasfilmscout.com/1966Riviera/

and here are numerous pics of the underside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the car is extremely well documented from 2003-present as well. i have like a 100 papers of bills. engine was rebuilt in 04. looks like the window regulators are shitty in this car though. i saw a few bills for those. o well no real biggie.

2. henry29

henry29

Looks a little nicer then that 64.

3. martel317

martel317
    from nyc

i thought so too. plus i actually like the long sleek styling of the 66-67 better. it's the interior where it falls short. it was cheaper to boot!

4. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Nice condition but a little new for the HAMB!!

5. Who cares? Congrats on your new ride. :D

6. Looks like that spent most of it's life in a garage...

now get it off the grass so it doesn't rust :D!!!

7. jonly

jonly

so ot but so sexy.

8. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

may not be HAMB-compliant, but it's a fine looking ride anyway - enjoy driving it through the rolling hills as you search for that next project hiding in a barn, disguising itself as vintage tin. Second series Rivs were a bit more sleek, but the sharp edges of the 63-65 still jostle my molecules.

dj

9. jonly

jonly

I was just checking out the other pics and can not believe the condition this is in... This is a score imo.

10. monsterflake

monsterflake

now you ready for a set of cragars or star wires!

11. martel317

martel317
    from nyc

thanks for the compliments and i didn't know that 66 was too young! lol especially since i'm 26. as far as wheels i'm either going 3"+ white walls or 22's out back and 20's up front. there is just toooo much wheel well there. i'm most likely going white walls. they are freaking expensive for some 3 3/4 white walls though. cheapest i found was dbtires.com which are 218 a piece.

12. My thoughts too. Please don't put ww's or 20's. That would look perfect with a set of Cragars, Supremes, Rockets, or Star Wires with pinner whites.

13. martel317

martel317
    from nyc

white walls look really good. trust me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

ANYTHING is better than 18" or 20s" ! Nothing ruins the looks of a older car than a set of them great big wheels with treaded rubber bands for tires !

15. martel317

martel317
    from nyc

i have to disagree. i think the thing that makes them look bad is that people leave their cars jacked up in the air and choose the ugliest wheels they can find. older cars have such a huge wheel opening and with the proper wheel and lowering treatment old schools can look great with large wheels.

16. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

That's one cool Riv.

17. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

That is the cleanest underside I've ever seen on a car of that vintage, barring a few exotics that were never driven. Score!

I'm with the "no 20 inch wheel" crowd but willing to see pictures of some older cars with them that you think are done right.

18. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I'd go for white stripes instead of fat whites for that new of a car, but to each his own. It's a cool Buick.

19. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice one! That is an amazingly well preserved underside.

20. martel317

martel317
    from nyc

i think this truck is nicely done and i'm not a truck person at ALL!

[​IMG]

here's a camaro that's ok
    [​IMG]

it's pissing me off because when you're cruising through the internet you find car after car but when on the spot you can't remember where the hell you saw them. you could also look at a lot of autorama pics i suppose.

21. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Thats not a Camaro..

22. martel317

martel317
    from nyc

lmao i was thinking of searching for a camaro when i was typing. i mean cuda.

23. Incredible find , looks like all you need to do is restore those license plates to as good condition as the car.

24. martel317

martel317
    from nyc

well there are little spots here and there but very little spots. the car might have been repainted but still seems to be all metal. it's just what i wanted a really nice driver. i'm thinking of converting to disk breaks in the future though. i like the ability to stop and i HATE the feel or lack there of, drums.

25. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

yuck, keep that big wheel crap off the HAMB please

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Amen!, no, Double Amen!!!! It's like seeing Hillary in a g-string!

27. DanIam

DanIam

I have been critical of all the bashing that goes on here when the subject of something that is considered non-traditional comes up. Having said that, I agree that the 20" rims are too much. The black truck is well done, and I don't mind so much the front rims, but the rear rims are too big. Again, it's just my opinion, but I think they look better with 16" rims and some meat on the tires.

And by the way, to the original OP.... nice score on the car! And Martell, that is one beautiful Riviera!

28. heres a hamb friendly car to help wash out those last two pics.
    sorry martel, just keepin things on track.
    [​IMG]

29. martel317

martel317
    from nyc

thanks Dan! i'm personally not a big fan of big rims on muscle cars but on old luxury cars hell yea! i just searched for those photos real quick definitely not a representation of what i was referring to as a "clean look." you can never find the stuff you need when you need them lol.

30. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I second the Star Wires. A mild lowering, Star Wires and black walls and you've got one bitchin' cruiser.