Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Old Custom striped dash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by towaholic, Jul 15, 2010.

1. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

Found a old custom 54 chev 2dr hard top in a yard here in Minnesota. The car looked like it hade been in a heavy front collision. It had frenched headlights and tailights and shaved handles all done in lead. I noticed the dash was stripped and thought it would look good in my office. So I cut it out and brought it home. I think the stripping is very cool, I did not see any type of signiture on it. anybody recognize the painter?

Attached Files:

2. AD

AD

wow, thats some real jazz right there'

3. there's a 55 Pontiac in a yard I go to...has the same type...it's a four door and not to customed...always wondered why or who it would end up in a yard...

4. They get wrecked, they get old, you'd be surprised the stuff people think is junk. No saving the whole car, no pix of it to try to track down a history on it?

5. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Really Neet ! Did you not get the glove box door ?? back in the late '50's early '60's when I had my striping shop in Iowa ,,when i was in Hi-School ,,I always signed the glove box door because thats where I usually did a Roth Style Cartoon ,,Maybe someone kept the glove box door after the car was crashed for a keepsake ,,??/

6. titus

titus

hey, i just looked at that tuesday, and it was still in the car!!:) i was thinking Lance better get down her and cut it out soon.

JEFF

7. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Love to see a pic of the whole car ,,any old license plates on it ??? Inspection sticker on the drivers side of the windshield ??,,See if it was from Iowa ,,??,,any motor mounts left in the engine bay to tell if it had a V-8 or just the Six ?? lot more clues to it out there ,can you go back n see ???
    I did a friends Red '54 Chevy with a 283 Chevy in it in '59-'60,,did the dash and a lot on the outside ,,if theres a trunklid left ,,and its striped ,,however fadded out ,,look in the lower pass side corner ,,stripers usually sign there too ,

8. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

you dont see striping like that anymore!

9. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

You must have been there early Titus. cause it was gone by noon! along with some other cool finds!

10. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

6 cylinder car red and white no deck lid, glove box door gone, no bottom left on the car.

11. would have liked to see the whole car ! but cool garage art !

12. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

If it's a local car, it could be some vintage Cliff Anderson Jr. stripes.
    What yard did you find it in?

13. titus

titus

Sonny salvage

Yeah, we must have missed you by a minute, i think we got there at 9 and were out by like 11 ish

jeff

14. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

you say the front was smashed ,,love to see a pic of the frenched tailites ,,or the whole car too ,