Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTOS: Goodguys DES MOINES..........I'm BACK To POSTING PHOTOS!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jul 14, 2010.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The GG DesMoines event is always 4th of July weekend or the weekend thats closest to it.

Kirk, thanks for the coverage. The DesMoines fairgrounds is one of the best in the country for cruzn, and the one way streets are perfect for that. Hard to imagine it was your first time there.

The only thing lacking at this GG event, and it has nothing to do with the GG organization, is the night time cruzn activity is lacking. Columbus has that down pat. Funny how one event's after hours stuff can be so much different then another event when it's basicly the same type of peeps attending the events.:confused:

Thanks again for taking the time to share your photos. Much appreciated.

2. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

Great job!!!! Welcome back!!! I know the Fonze would have approved of many of your selection. Thanks for sharing.

3. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

I like how you slipped in the pix of the dead bird:D

4. Mootz

Mootz

Thanks for the pics! My three year old talked me into riding the skyway lift for the first time. He was laughing and having a blast, meanwhile I was leaving a steaming pile of shit in the seat beside him scared to death. We bought a "round trip" ticket, we made it one way:). Never again.

Des Moines is a great show, hard to miss that one if you're in the midwest.

5. Babyearl

Babyearl

Glad to see you at it again,, I am amazed how you always out do yourself,, I've heard the Moms talking.

6. glassguy

glassguy

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

where is the fonz?..there has to be some fonz worthy cars there.

8. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Great shots. Thanks for posting!!!

9. Kirk don't know why you stopped, but its good to see you posting pics again. Thanks

10. alumslot

alumslot

I also would like to thank you for the pictures. I've had buddy's go to this show and talk about how great it is.

Jim

11. Thanks ..
    Sure a big weinie .... What no corn pics

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Great coverage..............as always. Just keep it up.....yahear?:)

Frank

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A great batch of photos for the rest of us to enjoy once again, Thanks for sharing them Kirk.

14. lewislynn

lewislynn

I was also going to comment on that Merc. I'm not a big fan of customs but that thing to me is perfect.

By the way Kirk, thanks a lot for the pics. Some of the best stuff I've seen on the HAMB so far this year

15. 65 impala

65 impala

thanks for shareing

16. BLAINE 816

BLAINE 816

Great pics, thanks.

17. Terrific Photography work---your shots are professional class !

Great job

18. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

You're doin' my dream job....If I were 20 years younger.....or 1 year older I'd be after a job shooting for you....great photos.....keep it up....looking forward to your live feeds too.....'ya need a roving pit cam for during oildowns....otherwise....sublime coverage....thanks....jim W

19. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Yippy skippy, I'm glad your pictures are back. I really missed see who and what showed up at the Goodguys shows I didn't make it too.

This is engine is rad, I want one!
    I've been thinking about doing this to my Chevy someday....
    Thanks again KIRK!

20. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

kick-ass coverage. Thank you!

21. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Oh and I'm uber jealous the boys in Des Moines got to play Autocross and we didn't in Columbus. It has become the whole reason I go down Thursday night, to be there first thing Friday. Stupid rain :mad:

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

Shhhh...don't tell anyone, but we're looking to do a THREE day autocross in Columbus next year. It's all but official news.

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

There were rumors flying around about this show getting moved to a nearby race track. I hope that doesn't happen -- it would certainly kill the great event that this has become!

24. KIRK!

KIRK!

That's a new one. Absolutely untrue. Des Moines is probably the nicest fairgrounds we do an event at, why the heck would we move?

25. hemi

hemi

LOL! Who starts that stuff?? Why would we even think about doing that?

26. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Ahh.. Thank God it's untrue!! I heard at least five different people talking about it. Who knows where it got started!?

I agree, the Iowa State Fairgrounds is great and the best Goodguys venue that I've been to. We (friends and I) always have a great time there and will continue to come back year after year...

27. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

yeah it's nice to hear some outa staters comment on the quality of the fairgrounds , it sure does make for a nice spot to have the event , shade trees , indoor buildings for vendors , etc ! i have been to the kansas goodguys at the speedway and while nice it would be a shame if they moved it to the iowa speedway asuming thats the rumor , glad to hear it's just that !

28. KIRK!

KIRK!

We hear all kinds of rumors. One that comes up every year or so is that Goodguys was sold to "the Japanese". Apparently the entire country chips in to buy stuff.

It's funny, but somewhere back along the line someone has to just straight up make up a lie and start telling it.

I'm used to it though, someone used to do it about me and Billetproof all the time. I always traced it back to the same one person. Funny and pathetic, really.

29. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Xlnt Xlnt photos!!

30. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

:D:D:D:D:DThat's great news!:D:D:D:D:D