Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Syracuse Nationals 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Mr.J

Mr.J
    from NJ

***Make sure all you stripers, artists & car guys stop by the Panel Jam. Don't forget to say hello to me & Linda (Mrs.J) @ the "Xcaliber" booth. Bring lots of $ for the auctions. You're not ready for some of the unbelievable pieces already there! Also, there's quite a few "West Coast' cars in the same spot.***See ya Fri.:)

2. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

3. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Btt.....any others out to Syracuse this weekend??

4. What/where is the Old School Round Up? My lifters got shipped today, so it looks like I MIGHT be driving my "work in progress" to the Nats...seeing as how I only live 15 miles away...

Attached Files:

5. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

6. What do I need to do to drive my car in for the Show? Do I have to join anything, or just drive up to the gate and pay $17? My Club (CNYSR) is the Host Club...

7. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

You can register there...go tothe link Slim Pickens put above and to the area for registrations..it will fill you in...on line registrations are closed now but u can do it there..no memberships needed unless u wanna join. good luck!

8. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

9. Getting ready to roll into Syracuse for the Nationals! We're going to have a lot of fun - and so can you! We'll have model giveaways from Greenlight and GMP, copies of The Car Room magazine on hand, and, of course, Car Room TV personality's Mike Zarnock, Jeff Glasson and Joe Kelly at the booth. Stop in to building three and say hello!
    Looking forward to seeing all the way cool
    cars and great people that drive them! See ya'll this weekend in
    Syracuse!

http://www.rightcoastcars.com/syracuse-nationals-mini-nats.php

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Hey 345 Desoto. You have to go to the Holiday Inn at the corner of Seventh North and Henry Clay Blvd. to register. I believe that
    it is $ 45.00 now that pre-registration is over. You'll get all of your credentials and that's all you'll need. They are open 8 A.M. to 8 P.M. Thursday and Friday for registration. Check the website
    for more details. Hope to see your Roadster there.

Mark.

11. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

I guess that there are too many threads on the Syracuse Nationals. On my post, we set up a meet and greet at 11:00
    at the site of the Old School Roundup on Saturday. As for a pre-
    meet and greet, I'll leave that up to Lenny to set the time on Friday. Thanks and see y'all this weekend.

VR&C (Mark.)

12. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am debating on if I should bring my big Rat Fink again this year

13. Sweet Inspirations is a ice cream / burger joint that usually gets a good crowd at night. Then there cruising up and down 7th North Street, but don't be messing around smoking tires, cops are all over the place and they were impounding cars a few years back when we were there. Seen several cars on the backs of flatbeds being hauled off to impound.

14. younggun13

younggun13

15. steeltappet

steeltappet
    from PA

I'll be going for the first time at Syracuse.
    Planning to be there Friday with an off-topic car this year (& family).
    -Wishing the Dinosaur had a food booth on the fairgrounds.

16. mgermca

mgermca

Hey Call Me The Breeze, I am coming down for the Nats too, looking forward to it.

You mention Sweet Inspirations.The only SI I am finding on the interweb is in Fulton, about 20 miles NW of town, is this is the only SI in the area or is there an SI in Syracuse too?

THX!

17. Fulton is the only location for Sweet Inspirations...

18. Yeah, thats the one. I wish I could make it this year but I can't. I always liked the "nighttime" cruising seeing and hearing those awesome cars rumbling down the road. We are about 3 1/2 hours away. For all you firstimers... bring comfortable walking shoes... there's alot of ground to cover. the weekend weather looks great.

19. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Should also be a good turnout for the cruise in Thursday PM at the regional market between the Karo sell mall (mistake by the lake) and the AMTRACK station, Allience Bank Field (baseball stadium) Was out tonight at Gander Mtn in Cicero but didn't see many out of towners.

Friday PM local cruisers take in the one at Bella Domani, 5988 E. Taft Rd, N. Syracuse, NY.

20. Anybody got any idea why the Parade has been cancelled for Thursday night?...

21. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The parade was organized by the radio station that used to be the cruise in host. The radio station went another way 2 years or so ago. At the cruise in tonight, I heard from several sources that due to some problems with food vendors (complaints about stealing stuff and or beligerent customers or sumething like that that that tonight was the last night that the cruise in would be able to be there,as the Market Authority was pulling the plug on using the area.

22. bradshaw

bradshaw
    from ontario

I'll be there Saturday .....Looking forward to SHOW!!

23. Got the Hemi back together...it ain't pretty, but it runs really nice. Will be there early. Look for the car in my Avatar...:D

24. So I barely made it to the Old Skool Roundup by 11, (sat in traffic for an hour and a half) but I didn't see any groupings of HAMBers. I must have missed you guys. Also, I saw a bunch of your cars, but I none of you owners were around. Everyone must have been out enjoying things. Regardless, the show was great. Safe travels home for everyone!

25. Boy, the swap meet has been unbelievable, what a bunch of cheap sons of bitches have been coming through. Usually I sell really well there, but today I had to about give away a set of fenders just to finally get the spots paid for. I mean it's bad when I do better in one day at the Norwich car show than in two at the Nats; 7500 cars but they aren't buying a damned thing. And I had a lot of stuff with wiggle room in the prices - not even an offer on most of it. I'd be happy if I sold a couple of higher dollar things, but I mean I couldn't even sell a $1 fucking Hot Wheels car on Friday. Not that I expect to get rich and retire or anything crazy, but compared to last year I've sold maybe 1/4 as much, dollar-wise. If you figure an average of 2 owners/relatives and 2 spectators per car attending, 30,000 people can't all be jobless and broke and still be at the show.

Guy across from me was telling about how people were looking at his really good, and fairly priced speed stuff - and I watched some of it happen myself - they all wanted to get it for pennies on the dollar and would just about run away when he quoted a market price. One guy actually expected to pay $10 for a nice Buick 425 dual-quad air cleaner. SBC crossram with the right carbs for $575? Not a chance. Grant or some other steering wheel adapter for GM, about a $140 piece new, for $40? "I can get one for $20 on eBay" ... okay, so go try to win the auction at that price, then pay the shipping. I think most of them wanted to buy cheap enough to put the stuff on eBay themselves. Milk crate of Weber carbs with the funnels, full, $75 all... guy wanted just some of the funnels and seemed to think he could pay a buck a shot. They say it never hurts to make an offer, but I'd be afraid of having my ass handed to me trying to pull that off.

A lot of guys just packed it in today, early, and won't be back. If I had any distance to drive I would have, too. As it is I took a small load of stuff back to the storage unit to save me some picking up tomorrow. A guy dumped two '30 A grilles, a '64 Olds dash and a pair of decent Nova low-back buckets with nice flat mounts that should fit any car with a flat floor, for so stupid cheap I couldn't say no, so I need more room.

Somebody got a good deal on a '52 Chevy hardtop in the corral. $500 and marked sold. Paint burned off, needed fenders and rockers, rest didn't look bad. One broken window in it. If the buyer is a Hamber, I have a left windshield half for that car, I pulled myself, I'll let go real cheap -

I suppose if I go next year and do it by myself I'm just going to cut back to one spot, or get someone else to come and split two or three spots with them.

26. screwball

screwball

I also went at 11 but then met up with a bunch of guys I haven seen in a while. Only one hamber Hi Brent. I left around 2 did any one get to wet the sky looked bad as we were leaving.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  27. My car sat outside "Old Skool" from 09:30-11:15, right next to the stage...nobody stopped. Oh, well. This was my first Nationals since the first year they came to Syracuse. I was really dissapointed. Most of he cars all seemed to be high dollar Trailer Queens or something I wouldn't be caught dead in. My car is "in progress" and I JUST barely got the engine back together to make it to the Nats, so it's no great shakes. I guess what set the tone for me was seeing all the contrived POS rat rods at "Old Skool", and watching all the cars come in Gate 10. There were some REALLY nice cars, but even more nasty ones. The angle of the sun showed all the bad body work as they drove by. I could never understand WHY people would paint over such crummy body work. I left before the rain hit, but today being Sunday, I don't think I'll be going back. If I DO go, next year, it will probably be as a spectator. Sorry for the rant, but I was really let down by the whole thing...

28. screwball

screwball

there were so many cars to see . I go every year as the variation of cars there is huge compared to whats up at shows around here good bad and ugly. I guess next year we need a HAMB SIGN. As for some of the cars in the in the old skool area there was some weired stuff.

29. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Well, I had a good time anyhow! I drove my roadster over from Buffalo with Fedcospeed and his son Jeff on friday.

Made the mistake of eating at the chinese buffet across the street from our hotel on fri night. Got a killer headache later that night and had mild food poisoning (fever, nausea, chills, headache...) all day saturday.

Met up with some friends, (Ronnie, Darryl, John D., Leroy, Brother Bob, Bill B. and Barb, Jim from PA, Denny)... and made some new ones (54 Chevy - congrats man, good luck in CA! Lockwood customs- nice talking with you Joe, you are one talented dude! Slim pickens - photographer extraordinaire, post some pics man!!) I wish I would have made it over to the Rolling Bones guys spot to chat a bit, I didn't even know they were there till I saw the pics in another thread... I also missed Norwell too! Jeff, I saw your pickup everywhere I went, but you were either headed in the opposite direction or never around it when it was parked.

There were many trailer queens, some ratty junk, and lots of muscle cars, but there were also some really nice, well built, cars at the show too. Fedco's fab little '26 modified won a dirty dozen pick and my roadster took home best flathead. My pal Ron got a DD pick and the Bad-Ass award for his '36.

345 Desoto, I wish I would have known you were parked out there, I would have liked to meet you and check out that engine! At that point in the morning I was probably sitting in my car trying not to barf.:D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  30. rcranger

rcranger
    from ilion ny

i agreed about some of the trailer queens , this is supposed to be the cars that are driven religiously , i drive mine every where ,and group can say they saw me flying east towards herkimer up the thruway , running down there friday was not much fun in that storm but all in the fun of it , i had the coper orange T