Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod IH Pickups and Travelalls- post 'em!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chuck Most, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

I'd really like to see your rod & custom International pickups! And I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like that, either!:D Pristine & perfect, or a junked out beater you've just started work on, I don't care... just let me see it!

2. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I second that. My wife fell in love with one and now I am curious to see what you guys have!

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

4. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

5. LoveMyL112

LoveMyL112
    from Colorado

Here's my beater that I just got fresh off the farm. It actually still runs! I love the shape. I am planning on finding a few trim pieces and after the body work is done, painting it IH farm implement red, with a white stripe. Maybe lowering it a bit and putting some red rims on it with those cool IH hubcaps that are out there but cost an arm and a leg plus two fingers. Parially converted to 12 volt as it is. It has the battery, coil and fuel pump. Any recommendations on an alternator that can handle that fat belt would be helpful. Any ideas on hood ornament, or hood lip chrome or interior door handle, ashtray, or headlight bezel would sure be helpful. I appreciate any help I can get. Got a few coals in the fire so we will see if anything pan's out. Thanks!!:D:cool::)

Attached Files:

6. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

My Wife's 54' S-10 sub and a LT1

Attached Files:

• 036.jpg
      036.jpg
      File size:
      516.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  7. Vandy

Vandy
    from L.A. Ca

What is this ? Asking about pics of pickups & travelalls and leaving out the Scout ? how dare you !! IH stuff has to stick together if we expect to compete against the Chevy & Ford Hot Rods
    Van

8. vondutch

vondutch
    from pittsburgh

heres my 51 L 110 its on a c/10 frame.

Attached Files:

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

awful wheels. :eek:

10. nwaringa

nwaringa

Here is mine (First pic is where I started).... MII, SBC 350/700r4, Ford 8.8 for 4 wheel disc. Still deciding on the grill hood combo but I think I have settled in my mind on the paint scheme (Sapphire Blue/Maroon/white). Its a work in progress. Currently struggling in my mind on scallops or not.... green has got to go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More here if you have hours to kill.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/nwaringa/sets/72157622344974931/

11. Check out what I saw in a junkyard (Pick-N-Pull in Modesto, CA) last weekend. It's an International crew cab (4-door) truck with an International V8. It's in pretty good shape, so it had me thinking I should find an International forum in the hopes that someone would at least get parts off of it if they couldn't get the whole thing.

I'll also post this in the social group mentioned.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  12. BinderRod

BinderRod

Here are a few of mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. PRoz

PRoz

Mine is my Avatar.
    36 IH CS30 I won here on a support the HAMB Auction.
    So far the frame has been shortened 23", Model a style front end is in and a Scout rear on a 4 link rear. Working on the motor mounts for the 345 engine now.
    Here are some Engine shots, frame shortening etc

Attached Files:

14. nwaringa

nwaringa

The D series is so sweet. Too bad there aren't many around that are salvageable. That grill is tough to come by.

15. drtracr

drtracr
    from alabama

We are builders of street rods and rat rods. We are building a '41 International rat rod for our shop truck and show truck. I will post pictures as we go.
    It is on my own custom frame, will have a twin turbo Ford 460, C-6 trans, Handmade Seats did the seats. 4" off the top, lots of copper accents, moonshine still for gas tank, tons of other things.

We also have a 1050 Plymouth we are doing for a customer.

JM
    Superior Automotive

16. drtracr

drtracr
    from alabama

I should have said 1950 Plymouth

17. Kinky6

Kinky6

IMHO, just because you can shoehorn those silly rollers under the fenders, doesn't mean that they look like they actually belong there! :rolleyes:

Sell'em to a donk freak, and find something that goes w/ yer truck.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

This place is about Traditional Hot Rods and Customs, not rat rods or street rods. You may want to take a look around before you start posting stuff that really doesn't belong.

19. the-rodster

the-rodster

20. I want that truck do you have a phone number for them.

21. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

here's mine. 1960 B100. it's a running, driving back burner project. i still need to mount a couple front shocks, replace the wheel cylinders, and get a new clutch in. then on to wheels and tires. then i'd like to flip the axles to the tops of the springs. it should get it down 3-4 inches. that'll be plenty as i want to actually use it as a truck... then maybe some paint.

Attached Files:

22. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

Here is my parts chaser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. PRoz

PRoz

Looks like the Op should have said "Barn Find" or "Rat Rod" in the title. The thread would have had a lot more traffic.....lol.

24. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Nope, I think a lot of the guys with Internationals have already posted them in a few threads and have felt no need to do it every time someone asks again.

25. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

Does this have one piece side glass?

[​IMG]

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ron, ya gotta have a suburban? I know where there is a pickup version of that beast here in town, and I'll bet the suburban version I know of is still down in Yuma... give me a yell sir!

27. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

Love 'em all, guys!

28. tow-jam62

tow-jam62

Here's my 36

Attached Files:

29. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon