Register now to get rid of these ads!

6th anual KING OF CLUBS car show and drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Mar 31, 2010.

1. 6ck Pony

6ck Pony

pics or videos please... I missed it, sucks working 6 days a week.

2. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well I have slept aboat 5 hours in the last 2 days, so for now I am going to post the winners and get some sleep, Justin B will be posting pics. This years winners are ; King of Clubs ( street class) Rich Benson wins it again from the Cat Killers, Flathead class Richard Lux wins for the Bean Bandits, bike class Meatball from the Hell on wheels m.c. El mas Chingon Butch Calkins from the Lifters Car Club. I will post later, I am falling asleep here, Justin take over.

3. RichB

RichB

I wanted say thank you to the Lifters for putting on such a great event.
    I will try to post some video later

4. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Joaquin Arnett's Dragster

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sngaQiyN3WU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sngaQiyN3WU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A8eLbiRcyC4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A8eLbiRcyC4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. RichB

RichB

Here is some video of the races

7. Justin B

Justin B

8. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

9. Brahm

Brahm

Great weekend, great show thanks for all the hard work! I've got a ton of photos but I won't be able to put them online until I get back to my place on Tuesday, and I may need to censor a couple ;)

10. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

Thanks to the Lifters CC who put on one hell of a great show and real Hotrod drags.

11. aces52

aces52

GREAT FUN AS ALWAYS BOB ACEScc

12. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks again Bob for showing up, and thanks to all the guys posting pics, and videos, I usualy miss alot of the show cause I am running around and this gives me the oportunity to catch what I missed. Thanks to all the clubs for all their hard work on behalf of the Lifters. I will be posting later.

13. Mike

Mike

Thanks a bunch to Miguel and the Lifters for throwing this shindig. What a blast. I wish I could have stayed for the evening festivities, looked like real good fun.

14. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks for driving all the way from phonix, loved seeing your car go down the track. may be next year you can bring the rest of the rattlers with you.

15. Brahm

Brahm

16. RichB

RichB

Here is some more video of the racing.

17. dvz

dvz
    from San Diego

1st round Mas Chingon eliminations. Squeak vs. the Grocery Getter. Sounds like a 70's sitcom...
    Congrats to Butch Caltins on his win, and thanks to Jason Navarrete for the vid...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  18. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

My favorite parts of the races, is always the Dale and Butch gasser wars, awsome video of you beating my friend squeek, I saw Bonghi yesterday, I guess he is going to try to get Jerry to bring his car next year, Ive heard it is pretty fast , seems like the Beatnicks want to get into the action. Does anybody have video of Dale racing Butch ?

19. dvz

dvz
    from San Diego

Yeah Mig, Big J has it...he's really busy working this week, and got that first round up that I posted...he'll have the rest of his vids up in the next several days, and we'll get 'em up here. Gotta say, Butch's car was .20 faster than me for sure, my only hope was a red light or a quarter second hole shot. Sumbitch cut a .044 f*ckin light in that final. He deserved the win in spades. Look out next year... game on!

20. dvz

dvz
    from San Diego

Butch and me first pass, goin 2 out of 3... The Grocery Getter hooks hard, out in front out of the hole, but Butch has the HP and comes on hard, gets the win on this pass by about .12 and 8mph. I'm in trouble... he's freshened the thing up, and the Willys is really strong in the top end... I saw a blue fender out of the corner of my eye about 3/4 track, and he just walked past me. I threw a fan belt on this pass, but made it back to the pits.

Video by Jason Navarrete, Hiway7.com

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  21. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I talk to butch today , ya he was worried aboat red lighting, can't wait to see round three.

22. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I will be some of the second and third place winners and their e.t's

23. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

Few more clips with a little music...

24. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Man you guys are giving Hot Rod Havoc Marky some competition. thanks again for all your work.

25. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Dale , I had never seen your broken wings video aboat the Dale and Butch gasser wars, the way you paint your struggle to beat Butch is bitch'en, the way you present Butch as the evil gun slinger and you have the old spagetti western music as the background is bad ass, Dude please post this video so everyone can see it. I also want to thank Rich Benson and the cat killers for all the videos they did, and San Diego joe, Buddy from Hot rod Trio did a music video from the early years of the show, and Brian from the pioneers actualy wrote a song aboat the show. I know Hot Rod Havoc Marky did some footage from the early years too. It shure would be cool , if we pooled all the stuff together and produced a King of Clubs video. Maybe I had too much coffee this morning , but I have really enjoyed watching my friends race each other.

26. dvz

dvz
    from San Diego

Nobody enjoys it more than me, Mig, except for maybe Butch. We love this shit, and it's thanks to you for putting on the event.

100% of the props on the vids go to my brother Road Devil and dear friend Jason Navarrete (Hiway7.com). All I do is go out and point that heavy metal slug in a straight line and try to keep it right-side-up. Jason shoots those vids, and more importantly, takes on the time-consuming midnite task of editing, putting them to music, etc. He's a talented dude.

The one you're talking about was the 2008 K of C and yeah, he's stitched it together in a sort of tongue-in-cheek spaghetti western style. The shootout at OK Corral all over again, right? I love the final shot of Butch and me racing off into the desert sun. Great stuff. Here's the one you're talking about...

27. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Man I was humming that song at work all day, your friend Jason is a very talented guy, that's as good as the falfa race. I saw Butch at Mooneyes yesterday, he says he is still riding on a cloud, I hav'ent seen him that happy in years .Thanks for posting that Dale.

28. dvz

dvz
    from San Diego

By the way, Mig... hooked up with Rob yesterday down in da hood. The new trophy for '09 is bitchin. Really well done, and once again I'm comfortable with the size of my own junk. Is Puddin' using the old one as a towel rack..?

29. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

As long as Puddin dos'ent strap it on , and use it on somebody, everything is cool, man that would hurt.