Register now to get rid of these ads!

Damn, I love this boat...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Lucky3

Lucky3

Wooden Chris-Craft boats are waaaaay kool and not OT for the most of us as they are about as traditional/nostalgia as you can get !!!
    Bitchin Boat !!

2. 270283

For the guys that like to bitch, I'll bet he trailers the thing too! For myself though, that is a beautiful boat. You have some really cool stuff. Shows what hard work and determination can do.

3. rat seeker

rat seeker

That is a bad boat, This is our 47 Chris Craft

Attached Files:

4. Thats a wooden traditional hot rod!! After all it has a V8 in it.

5. Kick ASS...God I love those boats.

When I was in Venice in Otaly I thought Id dided and gone to heaven - they were everywhere !!

Rat

6. motorhead711

motorhead711

That is nice man.

7. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

This forum is for traditional hot rods and customs.
    If you don't think a vintage wooden boat with a car engine in it is a traditional hot rod, and equate it with '68 Camaros and '76 El Dorados, you're brain-dead.

-Brad

8. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Brad54;;; I Second that Emotion ,,good one ,,

9. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Beautiful. I'm going to get me one of those cool old wooden boats one of these days. Would be fun to cruise around SF Bay in something like that.

10. Something wrong with Cordobas?

11. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

No, as long as they have the Rich Corinthian Leather.

-Brad

12. buck8

buck8
    from Austin

I've always wanted one of these!!!!

13. Mine did! :D

14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

15. Over the years we have had some O/T threads covering antique boats, airplanes, radios, and even a thread covering old houses and architecturally interesting houses. As long as they don't get out of hand, Ryan, Kevin & Alex (some of the mods) have generally been OK with it.

As a rule, they prefer that things be added to existing threads in these types of cases...for example, if I were to post pictures of my house, which is 118 years old, and restored, I could probably do so in the "old house" thread...but it wouldn't be appropriate to be posted in its own thread, nor would that thread last long.

In this case, I don't believe that one big "covers all boats" thread exists. If the mods felt that this thread was inappropriate...they'll take care of it. That's what they do. ;)

Note: Depending on how one defines "hot rod", the case could be made that the race car threads, such as the ones started by Troublemaker427 or Miller91, don't belong here either...after all, they are "race cars", built for racing, and not hot rods, which most people would probably define as street-driven vehicles modified for increased performance. I doubt that ANY member of the H.A.M.B. objects to those excellent threads just because of their not meeting the definition. :)

16. 59f100

59f100
    from USA

x2...do you have a story about the nicest white guy you ever met?

awesome boat btw...

17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Originally Posted by Francisco Plumbero
    Thats a real nice boat, but its a boat, like a 65 mustang, or a 68 camaro or a 76 eldo its OT, hey, its your forum, but its gonna be full of trans ams and cordobas very soon if you let it. Want to see an antique humidor from Guam? How about a set of Nike shoes from 1988?

Hang on, we're about to get a 'Chicago redistribution of intellectual wealth'.

I've seen these beautiful boats (original Chris Crafts, Century Sea Maids, and many off shoot kits) over the years with any kind of hot rod power, from Model B 4-banger thru flathead V8; Cad, Chrysler, etc. Ultimate was a 21' Chris with an Ardun.

18. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

LOL,,LOL,,Yep,,My Dad,,when he bought that brand new '57 Chevy 210 two door hardtop and handed me the keys so i could use it on a Sat nite date ,,LOl,

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Sounds like race fishin' here. Probably enough of that in the left side of the political arena.
    Nicest white guy I ever met was a 'cracka'. That's what the guy across the street called him...

20. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

Chris Crafts are the most beautiful boats every made IMO. I have always wanted one. Nothing looks better in the water.

21. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Cool stuff Brian!
    Hey, who's the Babe on the seat of the boat....
    Kidding! :)
    Looks like great fun and the two of you know how to enjoy your "stuff".

22. If anyone wants a great deal on a Chris Craft or other wood boat come to Washington. We are literally cutting these old wood boats apart for scrap. There is more supply than demand. Puget Sound is where old boats come to die....:(

23. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

OK. I will post the shoes first.

24. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

One of my faveretes ,,1953 Chris Craft 19 ft Dual Cockpit Mid Engine Runabout ,,'
    [​IMG]

25. 12packo94s

12packo94s

I was considering going out on gun lake this weekend myself!! If ya ever see this thing buzzing around feel free to say hi.

Attached Files:

26. robleticia

robleticia

Beautiful boat Brian!

27. Hydralic Hot Rod.Very nice.......:D

28. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

You know ,,,Chris Craft boats date WAY back before WW II ,,And Hot Rodding as we know it ,,,1917 I Believe was the first year ,,but the '30's was it's really first big production time ,,then ,,after WW II ,,when the Guys came home from the War ,,Chris Craft ,,,Century,,, Owens ,,and others really took off ,,Since they didn't produce their own ,Those Factories put every engine you can think of in em,,
    There's a 1950 sumthin' 30 ft Owens mahogany planked house boat here with twin Merc flathead V-8's ,,

29. freebird101

freebird101

thats an awesome boat

30. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Well,,i was a little Off on Chris Craft ,,,Chris Smith built his first wooden boat in 1874 ,,when he was 13,,,in 1884 Chris Smith Boat Co became Chris Craft ,,a LOT older than i thought ,,