Register now to get rid of these ads!

code compliance city of pomona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zephyrV12, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir

sir

THAT is one of the many reasons WE left!!.....

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

How is taking a photo over a fence trespassing?

3. Because without the owners permission for them to be on his property it is trespassing. also they can only use street view photos.

4. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Let's see, that poor little girl that was living in the kidnappers back yard for 14 years or something close to that, maybe the Code enforcement should of found that back yard. I'm happy to live out in Hicksville Missouri even in the winter Good luck to all of you out west, maybe I'll be dead and gone by the time those Code enforcers get to this neck of the woods!

5. I think the photos were taken from the neighbors yard over the fence, and the neighbor didn't give permission for the photographer to take the pics. so someone trespassed to take the pictures.

atleast that is how i read it.

6. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

You can store any of those Ford trucks over here....just don't be suprised if I start driving one around.

7. plan9

plan9

city cannot prosecute if the junk in question is unseen from public view. hovering over a fence or opening a gate to snap a picture could be argued as trespassing.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  8. rick finch

rick finch

Simple question....do you own the property or rent?

9. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

OK, now that makes sense...I read it wrong...thanks

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

So, if I'm in my backyard and I take a photo of a neighbors tree, I'm trespassing? I don't think so....in fact I know so

11. Be sure to get some black paint to appropriately decorate your new shed... once you are in complaince. :D

[​IMG]

12. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

No,if your a city employee and your in my neighbors back yard taking pictures of my back yard without his permission,your trespassing on my neighbors property.Simple.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

a neighbor of my brother got a 40's Chevrolet big truck towed of his property. this guy has several acres in a place with a population of 32. it is a scam by the tow company. they left a bunch of shitty cars and only took the truck

14. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

You can keep a person 18 years in a Califonia backyard.Maybe they could of found Jacee Dugard quicker if they would'nt have been looking for junk.

15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

The city codes were in place before you moved in. You can't expect them to remove codes from the books just for you and others who wish to do something that is currently against the code.
    It's like people who moved next to the Van Nuys Airport in the past few years, and now they want the airport shut down or flights restricted with fewer hours. They knew they were moving next to an airport that had been there decades and decades.
    There's plenty of places where you can do as you please on your property. Maybe there's none in the more metropolitan areas, but further out there has to be some somewhere.
    I know what your going through and it's maddening.
    But, go where you can do as you please.
    I'm not trying to rag on you, I'm just making a suggestion.
    I can't just do as I please on my property either. For the most part, I'm OK with that.
    I can't build the fence that I wanted, but that's the way it goes.
    I knew that when I bought the place.
    Good luck..hope it works out for you somehow.

16. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

The BTK killer was a zoning enforcement creep. Just sayin'.

17. Ha! Did you see that dude's back yard? It wasn't fit for pigs. Crazy that they allowed his yard to look like that and yet they are targeting our 'classics' :p

18. A fellow HAMBer has several (& I mean several) cars parked in his backyard ... all are covered up and/or garaged and can not be seen from the street ... so he doesn't get hassled by the City:

Google Street View of a HAMBer's '50s Ranch-style house.JPG Google Arial View of a HAMBer's backyard.JPG

19. big creep

big creep

yep! you know the funny thing is all over our great country is back yards full of peoples classics be it a car, or whatever. and im sure in every city they have codes that dont let you keep, what they consider junk in your yard! im sure we have seen that show where those guys look for some sort of antique. have you seen some of those yards? wozers! now some of those people really have junk in their yards!

20. big creep

big creep

thats the right way to do it!

21. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

A car cover is about 30 bucks and goes a long way to making it invisible. Best money I spent on my '51.

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

they tried to pass one of those ordinances here, city inspector wanted to know what was in my garage, I told him it was none of his dam business. this is the same city where they tried to pass the law about the couches on front porches, we were the laughingstock all over the news.since they passed the law I now see more and more furniture on front porches, and I haven't seen it enforced yet. You don't let some fancy community developer from Atlanta come down to the deep south and take away peoples front porch furniture.

23. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Is that a Cordoba?... Gotta love the soft Corinthian leather..... lol.. Glad I don't have to deal w/ zoning nazis in the sticks, but my junk is still put away out of site..

24. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Flying the planes is a huge waste of taxpayer money since they can do all of their snooping with Google Earth or Bing Maps anyway.

25. lino

lino

I live up the hill from Pomona in the high desert. I think in the city of Hesperia its a law that all homeowners have a minimum of one non-running vehicle on their property!

26. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

She and her family are about to collect a $20 million settlement from the State of California because of the incompetence of the probation officials who were supposed to be checking on the the dirtbag who kidnapped her. Apparently probation officers visited the pigsty he lived in a number of times and never caught on to what was happening.

Obviously he didn't have any "non-op" vehicles on the property or they would have been all over him.....

27. plan9

plan9

obviously if you can see the tree from your backyard its in "public view"... if you have to hang over a fence to snap a picture of it, well, that is debatable.

28. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

What if your Pat Ganahl and you can see over any fence?
    :D:D:D

29. plan9

plan9

i dont think we'd mind seeing what Pat Ganahl shoots. :D :D;)

30. Having worked as a regulatory enforcement type guy (not in city codes... so don't show up here with pitchforks and torches!) for a short time, it opened my eyes to how much power beaurocrats have. And, how much code we're compelled to comply with is NEVER voted on.

A lot of things can be administratively decided. And, what constitutes 'compliance' is often allowed to be how a particular person "interprets" the code, and the situation.

I've run into the exact situation here in my town outside Seattle; had a dirt driveway (which had been that way for decades). Had ONE non-operational vehicle out front.

Funny thing was, there were a handful of people within a three block radius who continued to have scrap cars, and vehicles on non-improved surfaces for months or YEARS after I put down gravel and moved the parts car out back.

I expect that a lot of the people who get mad, probably do so because they are singled out to be compelled to follow a rule by a capricious, mercurial code enforcement department.

Oh, and there are also the guys who are just damned pigs, and have twenty junkers making the whole street look ghetto. But, that's not always the guy who gets written.

-Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.