Register now to get rid of these ads!

code compliance city of pomona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zephyrV12, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

Hello, does any one has problems with the city codes? I just got tickets for having some vehicles park on the dirt , I don't have concrete on my driveway. to make a long story short , I need to get everything out of here, the ironic thing .is that my back yard is pretty big, but I can't have any cars or autoparts in here what they do here is, the fly the helicopter all over pomona. take pictures and the next day you have an inspector knockin on your door. I understand they are doing their jobs, my point is that if you folks have any cars out in the back yard ,cover them or try to build a shed or something, I took 3 trucks and parts to the scrap yard last wekk because of the city codes, but the good thing is that you can work it out with them they are cool peolpe here are some pictures of what i need to get out of here so try to keep your cars and parts cover

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  2. ZRX61

ZRX61
    from The AV

Put a concrete paver in front of each wheel, roll vehicle forward onto paver. sorted.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

I hope you didn't scrap any of the cars in the pics!!!!!! :eek:

4. F&J

F&J

During WW2 in Ca, the big aircraft plant was entirely covered with a tent that was painted to look like farmland, fields, etc.

get some canvas and find an artist :)

5. crazydays

crazydays

CA tax dollars hard at work! Can't they find some real crimes to stop?

6. GuyW

GuyW

Have you read the codes you purportedly violated?

Are there any local car clubs to take on this issue??

7. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Tell them to quit flying over your yard, then they won't have to look at them.

8. Camouflage netting and concrete pavers might work.;)

9. bigs merc

bigs merc

God love California

10. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Car cover and some pavers. That's what I had to do.

11. Most likely they are after you for the appearance of the vehicles. It is plain to see that they are non operational. Thats their beef. If you have some that are parts cars, strip them out and get rid of them The cars you want to keep need to be complete and look like the might run. THey need all exterior parts, aired up tires, etc. You can put gravel down to "not be parking on the dirt" or pavers or something like that.

I have been dancing with the county for years about my cars. I know what they can and cannot do.
    You got a ticket or a notice? They don't normally ticket you, and have to give you time to abate the problem before you get fined.

Take all the parts out of the back of the trucks and put them in a shed less than 120 sq. feet.
    It can consist of 4 posts, 4 sheets of plywood and a top.
    place it 6 ft from the fence line, and 6 feet from any other building.
    You can encase the cars in a "shed" as well as long as it is in the 120 sq ft perameter. Most US cars will fit in 6x20 if you take off the bumpers.

SEnd me a PM if you have any questions..

12. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

13. Is it because your parked on a non-dustproof surface? That's the excuse I got all the time. Then I moved and never had any problems yet at my new house.

I think it also helps buying the house instead of renting. My neighbors seem to allow my vehicles.

14. grimmfalcon138

grimmfalcon138
    from az

gravel, you need gravel. you wouldn't be parking on dirt, and as long as the color is ok with your H.O.A they can't complain. ROCK ON!!!

15. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

I told my county people at the building dept that the next time the plane flew over taking pictures that I was either going to take a shot at it or sue the county for invasion of privacy, you should have seen the squirles popping up from their cubby holes, I'm lucky they didn't have the county mountys have a chat with me.

16. these vehicles are in your backyard that is fenced? you can have california. listen to desertratrodder and "de ghetto ize" your trucks by unloading them and storing the parts or tarp them up. i fight the bullshit on a daily basis and the code enforcement guys don't even stop anymore the CALL ME and ask what new stuff i have then after i let them know they slide that report to the bottom of the pile. as long as you have neighbors you will be fucked with. the part about the being parked in the dirt is fucked up!

17. KomptonKid

KomptonKid

The genesis of the codes against parking on non-paved surfaces is to keep cars off front lawns, turning neighborhoods into billy-goat acres. Problem is, code enforcement people depend on violations for their jobs, so the rule of the law becomes way more important than the intent. I have a small patch of dirt next to my driveway, and I had a tarped car that had about 6" of the rear wheel off the driveway, on the dirt. I got a citation. That's a long way from having an old junker on blocks on your front yard, but that's typical bureauocrats for you, protecting their jobs. In the city where I live, they particularly go after any vehicle with cobwebs or spider webs on the undersides, suggesting inoperable status. Gotta love the government.

18. big creep

big creep

yea that was burbank! and we have the same thing here in burbank, all my car are registered, so they cant say shit! my neighbor called the city on me and my landlord. but they couldnt do anything cause all the cars are registered!

19. big creep

big creep

its not a state thing, its a city thing! the state could care less! its the city that are getting complaints from nosey neighbors so they send some asshole from city to look around, and make you get rid of what looks like trash to them!

20. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

The code Nazis came after an old Chevy I had setting here, clearly inop. It was not visible from the street. I checked and found that an inop car could not set in the yard for more than 14 days. So I would let it set for two weeks, then load it on the trailer for a week, and repeat. After I was tired of doing that, I set it out front with a for sale sign on it. That is a legal move here, with no time limit to sell it, as long as it's in my name, and titled. The price does not have to be reasonable. Just had to keep the weeds down.

Those $99 garden sheds made of tin are legal just about anywhere. Get two of them, and set them front to front with the car or truck inside.

21. I caught the code guy driving up and down the streets and looking at every piece of property and making notes, so i confronted him and asked what he was doing, he said looking over my new area. i reminded him that unless they received a complaint nothing they could do. he kinda stuttered and said i know! the helo thing is an invasion of privacy. i also asked him what the deal was about parking on dirt and he pretty much said the same thing about keeping the cars off the front lawns, then i reminded him we are zoned A-1 and our agg equipment has to sit somewhere and putting pavers down everytime was not feasible. he mumbled just keep it looking good from the street and he won't bother me. i always try to keep it looking nice as i hate it looking like a section 8 house like most out here are. do like the others have said and put the parts in sheds and cover the cars and park then nice and ask him if it is ok.

22. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Nice!:cool:
    Makes you think...whats next?:mad:

23. deto

deto

Pomona must be the safest place on earth if that's the biggest "violation" they can find. Ladies and Gentelmen, I give you your tax dollars hard at work. The local yokels where I live tried to tell me there was a city ordinance for having more than one car per legal aged driver in the house. I told them to send me something to take to court and that was the last I heard from them...

24. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I am so glad I live in minnesota after reading stuff like this...

25. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

They also did that around here a few years back here in Newark. Mostly with boats and RV's that were parked on the dirt sides of drive ways.

They could not be parked on dirt or gravel. Had to be on a concrete pad.

There excuse was that fluids could leak into the dirt.

26. Well the law was designed so that you don't make a scrap yard out of your property and drive the value of the neighbors property down. Unfortunatley no matter how clean you keep it it is still viewed as scrap or junk to the code natzis. If the value of property goes down that puts them in a financial bind they could actually care less about your neighbors investment.

Back here in some places you are required to park on an improved surface. As has been mentioned putting a paver under them sometimes will cause them to back off. Covering them is also a good idea.

Bottom line is don't turn your place into a scrap yard in the eyes of society.

27. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

California, great place to visit, but no way in hell would i wanna live there.

28. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

my friend had the city come after him for a bunch of motorcycles in his back yard. he got a notice to appear at a hearing to explain.
    with the notice were pictures of the bikes obviously taken from his neighbors yard with a camera held over his 7 foot fence.
    my friend showed up at the hearing with his neighbor that said he never gave permission for anyone to enter his yard to take the pictures. my friend then asked for the name of the photographer so trespassing charges can be filled.
    the case was dropped.

29. big creep

big creep

thats sweet! good for him! stupid neighbors!

30. ZRX61

ZRX61
    from The AV

I was told not to park on the *lawn*. I stopped watering it & it was a dustbowl inside of 2 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.