Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Starlite Garage nabs car thief,,,,,,,,,after 10 years!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GassersGarage, Jul 11, 2010.

1. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I ran into Bob Barnes at the Pomona Swap meet. He said that yesterday, at the Teen Challenge Car Show in Hawthorne, the Starlite crew was kickin' it under their E-Z Up, when lo and behold, a Nova drives by. They recognize the Nova as one stolen from them 10 years ago. They check the car out with the police and sure enough, its their car. The driver claims hes had the car for the last 9 years, but didn't seem too upset it was stolen (hmmmmm?).

Hopefully, Starlite will chime in with the full scoop and hopefully, photos.

2. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

good for them!... shouldn't have even called the cops. after 10 years, i'd of insisted on instant justice. :) hard to steal with 1 hand!

3. kustomd

kustomd

I'd be drivin it out of the carshow if it was mine and it was stolen from me.... At least punch the guy in the face for it.

4. Just have one word for the thief......dont pick up the soap:eek:

5. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

6. brucer

brucer
    from western ky

the guy driving the car probably wasnt the thief that stole it.

7. sobpunx

sobpunx

you dont hear about people getting their stuff back to often, its good to hear some good news for a change

8. Maybe who ever stole it sold it with one of those made up titles ?? Just wondering.

9. Larry T

Larry T

But he is in posession of stolen property. He'd better have a real good story.
    Larry T

10. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

so your saying all the old parts you buy at the swap meets you are 100% positive they are not or never have been stolen property

11. Larry T

Larry T

There's no real way of knowing is there? Apparently there was a way of knowing this car was stolen and it's a little more than parts.
    If the guy didn't really know, fine. It's his job to prove it. At least there's a trail to the thief.
    Larry T

BTW, I have asked for Bill of Sale on Harley parts and walked away when they wouldn'g give me one.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  12. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

I think I saw signs when that thing was stolen at El Camino College 10 years ago...glad they got it back!

13. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Man, how much would that suck to own a car for nine years, then have it taken from you because the dick that sold it to you stole it from someone else. That may be the case here. If it is, I feel bad for the middle man, but I'm glad someone got their stolen car back. Nice to hear a happy ending for once.

14. Fidget

Fidget

Was it recovered in better condition?

15. Fidget

Fidget

Another reason to never buy a car without a real title.

16. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Good to hear a recovery story ...

Shame on the dude that had it for nine years,

I ALWAYS check out the back history on cars I buy....

Anyway Like I said ,Good to hear some good news.....

17. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

Small world, I know Bob Barnes from Verns Chrome Shop correct?

18. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Its great that he got the car back but if the title matched the VIN how would someone know the car is stolen,I never had the VIN ran through at the local police station before buying but maybe I should start doing it.

19. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

True, but there are those "title companies" that will produce a good title from another state. 99% of all people wouldn't know there's an issue at all. Looks totally legit.

20. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Even if you buy a car only if it's from the guy whose name is on the title that's signed over, he could be an imposter. There's no real way to avoid a scam, but taking normal precautions is better than not. If you buy a car with the title already signed, where you didn't witness the signature, then you are agreeing that something might be fishy. That's why NOTORIZED bill of sale, with signature/dates/ correspoinding is a good way to go. If the seller can't comply with that, the next question I would have for him is "what else do you have to hide"???

21. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I was told the guy had put $30K in the car. Hopefully Starlite will chime in.

22. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Correct. I see him every week.

23. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

24. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Haha, Good for Starlite!!!

25. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Good Lookin Out Starlite..................

26. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Oh come on, that's a little different than a complete running driving car!

Anyhow, good on them for getting it back. If the guy driving it stole it, shame on him. If he only bought it, man what a bummer!:cool:

27. right on! subcribed.

28. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

This is real good news!!!!! but Starlite will probably not chime in for a couple of days as this is an open investigation! The Nova is coming home!

29. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I sure hope the guy driving it knew it was stolen, cause if he wasnt aware it has to hurt bad after investing 30K in it.
    Prolly hurt if he was the thief too, but thats only karma gettin back at ya! And never enuff suffering i guess.