Register now to get rid of these ads!

another coupe in aus.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thommoina33, Jul 11, 2010.

1. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

thought i share some pics of my latest purchase from a great fellow hamber (GZ) located stateside. i was pretty worried for a while going through customs with these ridiclous new laws, anyway made it through.
    spent the weekend installing the glass and tinkering.
    plans are pretty much to leave it as is,some temp cycle guards for rego,
    hop up the banger later.
    cheers,thommo.

Attached Files:

2. picasso

picasso

I love it! Congratulations on getting it in. Maybe still just a thread of common sense left in our rule makers after all! Len

3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love it. What mods does it have and did they miss them. Really getting sweet on these A coupes done 40s style.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Looking good!

5. Looks good, should be a fun car.

Glad to hear you managed to get it in, you just don't know with these stupid laws.

6. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

pete,the car has 35 wires fitted,t model rear spring,34 headlights and some other minor stuff.i did sweat on customs approval.
    i like the 40's era builds,they had a sense on simplicity and style.
    i go to a few shows,cruises etc, see a late small block sitting in a early and it dose'nt really capture my imagination.love seeing an flattie or banger with a rare intake or heads and a home build.that's just my opinion.

7. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Damn man, you have a garage full of great rides. Congrats.

8. 63Compact

63Compact

Very nice glad it made it no problems.

9. Where in Aus are you mate? I've got most of the parts i need for a completely period perfect '48 styled '28 Roadster. I'll also be running a banger from a '29 truck in mine with the crashbox and original A rearend.

Have you been to http://handhantique.com at all? They have some very cool stuff for Banger engines. Also you should check out the monthly banger meets here, full of good info.

10. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

thanks for the info 28A , i'm from sunny melbourne:confused:.start a thread on your build, the more trad cars the better.

11. Deu55

Deu55

That A is looking cool already,has good company in the shed too.28A does have a thread on his build ...doing a good job for a youngin....Rod

12. very nice. congrats.

13. badgeree

badgeree

G'day Thommo, good to see the fun police didn't cause you any stress. Looks great.