Register now to get rid of these ads!

a little o/t, benefit for a fellow hot rodder in NC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gonowhere, Jan 4, 2005.

1. gonowhere

gonowhere

Hey ,I'm not sure how many of you guys know Shannon, but he is in the Vendettas CC, drives the black 58 Ranchero, and was the barber at HRW a couple of years back. Anyway, Shannon has testicular cancer, and is going through rehab/chemo, and the medical bills along with not being able to work are really taking it out of him. We are throwing a benefit show for him on Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at Slim's in downtown Raleigh. Looks like Straight 8's and Hearts and Daggers(hopefully). Show will probably start around 10pm, $5 cover, and we will accept any donations, as well as a raffle. I think Errol(caddyman65) is going to pinstripe a toilet seat or two, and we should have some pretty good gift certificates to raffle off as well. All proceeds will go directly to Shannon, to help him pay medical bill, for groceries etc. If you live in the Raleigh or NC area, and would like to come out, it would be much appreciated. hope to see everyone there. -Jay

PS-There is also talk of doing a hamb thrash on his 28 chevy to get it done when he is though with therapy, but that is still in the works.

2. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

BTTT for you.

3. gonowhere

gonowhere

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sounds like a great cause, wish I lived closer. Good luck

5. murph

murph

I definitely plan to come out and will pass the word to folks I know. I hope Shannon is doing well and comes through with flying colors.

-murph

6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Gonowhere, PM me an address and I will send something over!
    Geoff aka Whodaky

7. gonowhere

gonowhere

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has offered to help out with this cause. It really reassures me that there are still a lot of genuinely good people out there. For you guys to offer to help without knowing ANY of us, really says a lot. Shannon is the type of guy that will help you out where ever, when ever, so to be able to help him out is very important not just to me, but to our entire car club, and all of our friends. Thanks a million guys!!!!!-Jay

8. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

where or how can we make a donation?

9. gonowhere

gonowhere

If anyone wants to make a donation, that would be greatly appreciated. PM me, and I can get you an address to send donations too. I already got some beautiful prints from A32flathead for us to raffle off, thanks again Dave. You guys are too generous. Also wanted to make sure that everyone knows that ALL of the proceeds from this show are going directly to Shannon. The bar is getting 0% of the door.

10. HeX

HeX

to the top again...

I know there are more local (within 200 mi.) guys than this.....

ANYONE?

11. gonowhere

gonowhere

I want to give a big thanks you to whodacky and a32flathead for donating some of their artwork for us to raffle off at the benefit shows. Thanks a million guys.

12. IGOR

IGOR

Hey Jay, I'd like to send you guys a panel or something. Where should I send it to. I'll see if I can get Gregg to throw in some Doug Herbert stuff too!

13. gonowhere

gonowhere

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Jay, I'd like to send you guys a panel or something. Where should I send it to. I'll see if I can get Gregg to throw in some Doug Herbert stuff too!

[/ QUOTE ]Igor, PMed you. I really appreciate all the support, and I'm glad to say that we have too much stuff to raffle off for the FEB. 12th Benefit. HOWEVER....we are throwing the 2nd annual Blood, Sweat and Gears car show on Sat. March 26th, and that will be a benefit also, so anyone else donating anything it will not go to waste. We will either raffle the stuff off, or auction it. All profits will go to Shannon for this show too. Here's the info.....

Alright guys, we have voted on bands, made the confirmations, got a new venue, and we WILL all have fun this year. Here is the info:
    Car Show-
    Open to all pre 1967 cars, trucks hot rods, and customs.
    open to bikes, foreign and domestic(we are looking for scooters, customs, choppers etc. Please don't show up on a crotch rocket, cause you won't get it in to the show)
    Bands-
    Rocket 350
    The Truckstop Preachers(formerly 4 on the floor)
    The Marauders
    The Spooks
    Top Dead Center
    The Antagonizers
    Straight 8's
    Hearts and Daggers
    The Semantics

Vendors(so far)-
    Deno's Duds
    Ms. Metal
    (we would like for all the vendors from last year to come back, but lost the contact info. If you were a vendor last year, and haven't heard from us, let me know. Also, if you would like to be a new vendor, pm me.)

Venue- King's Barcade www.kingsbarcade.com

Fun ****-

trike Races(build your damn Trikes, we don't want to be the only ones again)
    door prizes/raffle(maybe we can get Errol to do some more toilet seats!)
    Awards for the car show--made by our own metal man Stephan. We also encourage all the clubs to bring a trophy too!

For more info, check out www.vendettascarclub.com

SAT. MARCH 26, 2005

14. gonowhere

gonowhere

Oh Yeah, and we will have another preparty. This year , it will be at Slim's in Downtown Raleigh. NO COVER, cheap beer, and live bands-

Straight 8's
    The Marauders

So come early, get drunk, and have fun.

15. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Jay;
    Good luck with the shows. Is a pleasure to be able to help out, even from so far away! Geoff aka Whodaky

16. gonowhere

gonowhere

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Jay;
    Good luck with the shows. Is a pleasure to be able to help out, even from so far away! Geoff aka Whodaky

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks again Geoff, ever come to North Carolina, you've got friends and a place to stay.

17. murph

murph

Jay,

Hey, just double-checking that the show is still happening at Slim's in Raleigh this Saturday night (Feb 12th)? I've got family coming in from out-of-town, but still plan to break away... the 10:00 start time will help with that. Hehe. Hopefully other NC HAMBers will make it out. In addition to being a cool way to give Shannon a hand, it'll be a great psych-up for BS&G 2.

-murph

18. Stone

Stone

BTTT.I hope to be able to make it out there.PM me with a address or at least what street its on so I can have a idea.Not to familiar with downtown.

19. murph

murph

Slim's Contact Info:

Slim's Downtown
    227 S. Wilmington St.
    Raleigh, NC

phone (919) 833-6557

20. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

bttt!!! say hey to stormi for us.
    nic

21. caddyman65

caddyman65

Just so everyone knows, Blood ,Sweat& Gears is now at Kings barcade ,downtown Raleigh..hope to see some of you Tenessee and S.C. guys

22. gonowhere

gonowhere

Thanks Nic. I'll say hey to the Mountains. Thanks Murph, for putting out that info! Show starts around 10pm 2 bands $5. Bring some cash, because we have some really cool hot rod art to raffle out!!!

23. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

Gonna see if me and katie can make it out since I'm off Friday & Saturday this week...

24. flash

flash

Hi guys,

I somehow missed this post until today. I too am going through chemo right now and know how rough it is, so I'd like to help out. Luckily I'm still able to work a bit and have good insurance, but I've seen how much the drugs cost and it's unbelievable.

I think it's too late for me to send you anything for a raffle at your show so I'll just offer it up on the HAMB. I know some guys have been looking for early issues of Mag-neto magazine, so I'll put some up as a Hamb auction later tonight.

Ryan should I put it in the For Sale section or pin it at the top of the main board as an auction?

25. gonowhere

gonowhere

Hey Flash, thanks a ton...everything is really appreciated. PM me, I'm originally from the Boston area, head up there a few times a year. I need a super beef w/mayo!!!!!!!!

26. reece

reece
    from NC

I will be there. Come on NC people... There's got to be more of us.

27. Stone

Stone

BTTT for more folks to see.

28. flash

flash

Ok I put up the Mag-netos for auction in a separate thread. Here's the link!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44330

29. gonowhere

gonowhere

bttt..Looks like this is going to be kinda big....should have an impromptu little car show there too. Lot of folks gonna park their rides out front.

30. flash

flash

Just bringin' it back to the top.