Register now to get rid of these ads!

Joaquin Arnett's dragster will be making a pass at K. O. C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Jul 7, 2010.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Never in my wild'est dreams would I think of having the oportunity of seeing Joaquin Arnett's dragster go down the track, The Bean Bandits have pain stakenly restored this gem, and will be making a tribute pass at the King of Clubs Car show and drags, July 10th, this dragster deserves it's own thread. Archive buffs, please post some pictures and history aboat this dragster.

2. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Some body has to have some pictures of this rail going down the track?

3. Justin B

Justin B

here's an oldy magoo

Attached Files:

4. Mike

Mike

This car is the first dragster to have a streamlined body. Bitchin' car, bitchin' history.

Since the latest re-do, it looks beautiful and the engine sounds great. I can't wait to see it make a pass.

5. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

The only thing better than a tribute pass would be a recreation of the Speed Sport Special out of Tucson and the Bean Bandits Top Eliminator runs at the old Paradise Mesa Strip in San Diego. And don't forget the flag starts.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Brian Burnett, Tom Prufer, and Dennis Varni were attending to a clone of the Speed Sport Special in '82, not sure who did the car. Superb job, where did it go?

7. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

That would be bitch'en if we could find the speed sport special clone, anyway guys please keep the thread going.

8. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I have pix around here from the "Big 3" swapmeet back in 01'. Take TONS of pix if you happen to go.

Chris

9. snap too

snap too
    from lost wages

A bit OT but the legends of the Bean Bandits were verified several years back at Palmdale . This member asked one of the older Patrons of the Bandits about the engine rebuild in a motel room at Bakerfield , the subequent swimming pool drowning of a west coast strip operators new t-bird at the same motel after he complained about the noise . " Anything you ever heard about the Bandits is true"--- The legend lives on !