Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1959 Ford F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Mar 19, 2010.

1. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

You'll be cruisin in no time. :)

Later, Bill

2. Yup this summer I'm going to run it with stock suspension, then when the weather gets crappy again..next winter, we will take it apart and do the Volare suspension

3. On the 4th me and My Grandpa fabbed up some motor mounts. We have to redo one because it's crooked. Hoping to do all the bodywork this week and get it in black primer by next week because it's been almost 100 degrees here. Man I can't waite til I can drive this!

4. So cool to see a young'n workin on old tin! and especially with your grandpa, now that rules!
    These trucks are so killer. I wanna find one too....

-Shiny

5. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Nice. I have a '57 rotting away out back.

6. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Good times are headed your way. You'll be glad you spent this quality time too w grandpa. ;)

later, Bill

7. Yup I love spending time with him....
    INJUNTOM: Go pull it out and start working on it..lol

8. 510madmav

510madmav

Want to part it?

9. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Cool truck man! Mines just about done(a year later than planned)but worth it! bought mine in yellow paintbut got rid or that fast,its 2 tone blue and white now.will post some pics soon.

10. Cool Dude. Yeah definately post pics

11. Diamond49

Diamond49

You picked up a nice little truck for the money. Had a chance to pick up another 58, a few weeks ago. It was listed on Craiglist for $1,500. Looked nice from a distance, then started to go over it. Wasnt worth that kind of money. Motor needed some work too.
    We put a 292 Y Block in my 58. Wished it had alittle more get up and go. But she is reliable. Drove it to Viva in 09, and to the Lonestar Round Up this year. Over 5,000 miles in one road trip alone.

12. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Dude nice truck!

I dig the MOPAR! I have a Big Block Mopar in mine! Once you mount that SB you can throw in a big block someday! A copper colored 413 or 383 with some polished finned valve covers and 4V with a mushroom aircleaner would go good with your 50's-60's custom theme!

I lowered mine with a dropped axle from Nostaga Sids (I think he is on here some place) Was the cheapes way to go and all the stock shit stayed the same.

13. Diamond49: It's to bad about the 58 on CL, I really like your truck too!.
    Fiveohnick2932: I know about your truck! Yours is the one that made me want to put the 318 in mine! I dig the look of yours too. I'm doing volare ifs next winter.

14. studephreak

studephreak

Man that will be a sick truck when its done. I love these late 50s fords.

by the way, how old are you? becase im also pretty young its seems its impossavble for kids like us to get old cars. im so jealous :D

...just old enough for driving lessons but not to own any old cars. My parents say no cars until i have my permit. :mad::mad::mad:my dad wont even take my money on this elky to buy it so that i can restore it and have it running by the time i get my permit. :mad:

15. I turned 14 on June 17th, I have owned too cars......The 1953 Olds for $250 but was rough, then sold it for $500, then bought this.

Just keep trying with your dad, believe me it was hard getting my dad to give me $100 for the olds because I had $150....Needless to say we don't get along very well....Thank You.

16. Redlined

Redlined
    from SoCal

Coming along nicely.

17. studephreak

studephreak

yeah i just turned 15 on the 7th. man i just spent the last 150$ i had to buy an old car on model car kits and books on how to work on cars.:p:p so its not just my dad thats the problem.

18. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

I used to spend all my money buying models and paint untill I got my first car at 14. between 14-16 I spent alot of money on my car, go-karts and mini bikes. Once 15 hits you guys work as much as you can after school and on all your school breaks, it will pay off. I worked in a machine shop after school and on school breaks from 16-21 while all my friends were off surfing and playing with girls (nothing wrong with girls, its just I was more into hot rods than girls at that point).

I still have my first car- my 60 VW

19. studephreak

studephreak

lol hotrodding is hard when your dad drives a prius.

20. 61TBird

61TBird

You must make that your sig!!:D:D:D

21. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

500 bucks! the fuzzy dice are worth that....

22. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Mine has been in the family for 3 generations, so it's hard to part with it. Just isn't my priority.

It is a runner though with carb issues and some front end issues.

Attached Files:

23. Cool Guys. and yes hot rodding is hard when your father drives a prius...hey mine drives a subaru outback..

24. 510madmav

510madmav

It's been too long kid... That thing is probably done by now, ain't it? Let us know how you're doing!

25. No, not done yet. I have gotten Volare clip templates for it from "metalman", It is gonna go to "anythinggm"'s house to do the clip and rear axle because he has all the tools, flat covered driveway, and tons of room. Hopefully it will go quick... This last summer I managed to get it all one shade of Krylon Grey Primer, I got a gallon of JD Blitz Black, My friend Brenda is pinstriping my dash for me (doing some ''horse-trading'') and then later she will pinstripe hood,etc. Here are some pics. I am also learning how to weld..I'm very good at it. I'm gonna be welding the clip in and welding a patch pannel on my lower passenger fender. If you want some pics of my welds lemme know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://s547.photobucket.com/albums/hh473/53oldsmobile/My 59 ford f100/

26. Got alot done this weekend. Me and Anythinggm trailered it over to his house where there is a flat concrete driveway with a carport! Which makes things alot easier...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then we got it rolled back into it's temporary home..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then we had to go to his church's yard sale and help haul stuff over to the church..took several hours and after dinner we came back. Put the big lights up. it was VERY cold as we were working..
    [​IMG]
    Got truck on stands so it's level, unbolted hood and fenders, started removing stuff I'm not using from the firewall and fender wells..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next weekend we will find the centerline and start cleaning up the frame and clip for welding and such..Cheers!

27. natas63

natas63

nice score, favorite years for the f100. good plans, looking forward to watching progress

28. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

29. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Looks like a great project. Have fun with it. :)

Your pictures remind me of myself at 16.

[​IMG]

30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Jon...Wish you the best, BUT!
    I used to do front end stuff, many F100s with Mopar front end grafts. Be careful when you place it, make sure there will be room for positive caster adjustment. Most get welded in without considering that, and handle like a fat man riding a tricycle!
    As for your 318 engine and 904 trans: Good choice! (if you're thinking about replacing it with something else, drive it awhile...you'll love the 318.)
    If you change the rear axle to a Ford passenger, (it's already a 9", why change it???)
    but I say if you do, the Stude wheels will fit. Not sure if the center hole will clear the front hubs on the Volare discs, but the pattern is the same, 5 on 4.5".
    You may know this, but just a reminder...GO JON!!! We are with you.