Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Wife wants me to sell something

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by concreteman, Jul 8, 2010.

1. JalopyJenny

JalopyJenny
    from Seattle

hell, sell the house and buy more cars! Im one of those good wives that love the cars and would rather sell the children than the cars!

2. papajohn

papajohn

My wife and I have an understanding....

I buy cars.

She understands.

3. 94hoghead

94hoghead

My wife wants me to win the lottery, I don't see that happening either.....

4. 94hoghead

94hoghead

plus, you can sleep in your car, you can't drive a house...

5. JalopyJenny

JalopyJenny
    from Seattle

Its an understanding in our house that my husband and I both buy cars........ there for no need to bicker! Its a group addiction! And we don't need any help! If I were him, I would sell the wife, because this may be a perpetual problem! No one wants a lemon!

6. BobbyFullen

BobbyFullen
    from Kerrville

You need what I have we call it the he man woman haters club.. Its about 1/2 mile from my house I keep all my stuff there .so my house doesnt get the cluttered look. Plus I can work on somthing and leave it there and when I come back it will still be there!!!! I bought it cheap and it is the perfect hot rod shop!!!!

7. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

Tell your wife that you have already sold your soul to the Hot Rod Gods....so there is nothing left to sell....................keep driving them, it will be harder for her to find you.:cool:

8. getting rid of the wife is definately gunna cost more than any other option... and she'll prolly take the cars with her in the "D". What a fucking sweet group of cars... I think your missing a year or two before you have the whole set!

9. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Buy another cheap, $500 dollar project that you don't really want. Then if she gets crazy, sell that and she'll be happy.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I let mine know when we were first dating a very simple fact... The old cars were here before her, AND it is a hell of allot easier to find an adorable Asian girl than it is a 1920 - 1950 ANYTHING automobile... Took her awhile, but I think I have created a monster, six years later half the stuff around this place is hers!

11. that's just wrong! :)

12. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Don't try to sell the kids on E-bay, the government boys get a little nasty. Now, they might over look it if it was a trade or swap deal!

Will trade 17 year old or 8 year old for a running and driving 50 Mercury. If it has a nice chop, I'll throw in a 39 year old wife.

13. TERPU

TERPU

Sell me the '34 It'll still be close that way and I promise I'll treat it correct. Keep the wife she's great.

Tim

14. concreteman

concreteman

My God guys great ideas ,selling the wife my be a problem after 43 years -may need to get rid of the ladder :eek::eek:
    thanks for all the posts very fun reading -need to clean up a bit :cool:

15. Mysterio

Mysterio

Why don't you sell her?

16. zzford

zzford

Could you sell your body? Mine's not worth much...unless I sold it by the pound. WOW!!! I'd be RICH!!!

17. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Since you cant sell the wife ,Sell the house and buy a bigger garage.100,000 members will probably back you up..........

18. dawford

dawford

I tell people that I bought another car without talking to my wife about it.

We had a big fight about it and I told her that I didn't want to see her again untill she had a change of attitude.

She supprised me by saying that she could take care of that, and she did.

I didn't see her for the next 2 days but by the third day I could see her a little thru my right eye because the swelling had gone down somewhat by then.

And I did change my attitude.

But the next day I had her on her hands and knees.

She said come out from under that bed and fight like a Man.

Ever since then I run everything at my house, the dishwasher, washing machine and vacuum cleaner.

Early on in our marrage we decided that I would make all of the Big decisions in our marrage.

She decides things like do I quit my job, do we move to another state and all the little things like that and I decide what we do if Russia invades Czechoslovakia and the big things like that.

I have discovered that the whole vocabulary of marrage is bad.

What do they say about marrage? Marrage is all about long term commitment.

Long term, isn't that what you get when you are sent to prison?

Commitment, isn't that what happens when you are sent to an asylum?

Joking aside I really do support marage as a life long partnership.

I was married for 40 years before Ovarian Cancer took my wife home to be with the Lord.

Partnerships have a downside. Its called compromise.

Since my wife passed away 2 years ago I have stocked up on projects some of which I won't ever get to.

The freedom to do as I like does not make up for the loss of my life partner. I miss her very much.

Enough about my experience.

Do what is right with regard to your wife. If you made a contract with her before God keep it.

Compromise is a great starting point.

None of us can offer much more than Humor and most of us envy you your cars.

I most envy you your wife. She has allowed you a lot of freedom to have your toys.

After all you can't drive more than 2 of them at a time anyway. And then only if one of them has right hand drive.

If you can't give up any of them I suggest that you have her suggest what she would like as a peace offering to make up for your noncompliance to her wishes.

Anyway you have a nice collection. Have fun but remember your Wife should be your most prized possession.

:) :) :) Dick :) :) :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  19. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Huh.....we saw your part of the house....how about showing us hers....does she have a nice kitchen....how bout her stove...can she see all that car stuff from the kitchen window?.....plant a few trees to hide behind.....I would get rid of the container...just seeing it at your place has cemented it in my mind,, no container..or paint it...blend it into nature a bit...I think that you are going to get a remodeled kitchen...maybe you will be on the marriage ref...I hope not cause when you lose we are all screwed...ever been to Hawaii? Good Luck.

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Worked like a charm though!

21. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

A friend and I came up with an AA like program for us car guys. Every time one of the group would find another car we had to call a member who would talk us out of buying it. The whole thing failed miserably since the person taking the call often would go buy the car:D

22. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I have an understanding with my wife, I buy a $1000 porcelain gas sign, and she can spend $20 at Ross on clothes...

23. Wife wants me to sell something ...Ever think about Male Prostitution? :D HRP

24. I thought you sold the sport coupe?

25. you guys are all sick!:D
    Funny Shit!

26. pinman 39

pinman 39

Thats what I was thinking . Maybe throw in the traffic cone as a bonus.

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I remember bringing my best friend to talk me out of a car purchase once - between us we ended up buying three cars! Bad idea!

28. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i wonder what its like to have a wife that doesnt love your cars. mine actually wants MORE cars haha

29. moparjack44

moparjack44

Sell the kitchen appliances. If they are like mine, only use a small portion of the frig for beer, and the oven for hiding her Christmas presents.

Jack

30. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Doesn't your wife know the economy is in the toilet and nobody is buying anything right now?

My buddy-- when faced with your problem-- put his car in an ad at about $15K over what its worth. No calls came in and he blamed the economy.