Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Wife wants me to sell something

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by concreteman, Jul 8, 2010.

1. concreteman

concreteman

Dont want to -I know you guys have the same problem
    I cant stop :eek::eek: please post some pic's of your collection :D

[​IMG]

2. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

When can I come by and pickup the black one.

3. if you want you can store one of them at my house and just tell her you sold it.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Get rid of the Chevy first....but if you can hold on to them all by all means dooooo!!!!!!

5. I say you sell the spare tire off the black coupe and keep the other stuff.
    Problem solved!:)

6. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

I would sell the wife

7. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

cant believe nobody said it yet...

sell the wife, keep the cars

BAH Bosco you beat me by seconds

8. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Hate to see a good wife go.....

There's more good wife material out there than old fords! :)

9. Sell the ladder leaning up against the old truck body!

10. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Sell the one she drives to work.

11. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Sell the wife and sell me those fiestas. :cool:

12. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

sale the storage container! that takes up most the space. does the storage container have most her stuff in it! LOL

13. I'm sure she's a good woman, but........................

14. ...or could pull one of the cars into the storage container to hide it.....

15. 61TBird

61TBird

It's obvious some of you have never met his Wife...:cool:
    (She "owns" the '33 Chevy)

Hey Chris,you can store them at my House,I have plenty of room for you to "expand" your collection! :D

16. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Definately sell the Wife ! ! ! You're Dead an aweful long time ! ! ! Enjoy all of your toys while you're still above the Grass ! ! !

Good luck selling the ol' Lady .

VR&C.

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I'll take the 34...if i only could afford it..
    Or maybe give me her number so we can strike up a deal...J/k wouldnt do nobody that way..But i sure do like them 34's:D

18. Wife never wants me to sell anything. Sorry

19. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

do you have any kids? i herd that you can get good money for them on ebay!!!! :)

20. Angel of Sin

Angel of Sin

Seeing your cars I can't help but thing it'd be easier to replace the wife than the cars.... :p
    try a compromise, instead of selling a car buy a bigger garage so she doesn't have to look at them

21. willymakeit

willymakeit

Tell her the CPA said to invest in tangibles. My wife wants me to keep mine sorry.

22. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Other than the cars themselves, the place looks cluttered...........bet if you cleaned it up, the cars wouldn't be an issue.............now, if I can just follow my own advice....... :)

Ray

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

""Wife wants me to sell something""

sell her wedding ring.

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL my wife would like for me to get rid of everything I have out there. Told her 41 years ago never say me or the car unless she had her bags packed. 41st anniversary the 16th of next month.

Ok, she no doubt has a reason behind wanting you to sell one but that is between you and her and not for us to decide.

If you had four or five non operating cars waiting to be started on I could see her point. One of my buddies just woke up and figured out that if he completed one of the project cars he had in the back field every six months he would be close to 90 before he got the last one done. He has been selling some off and using the funds to actually get something done on the one he is working on now.

Otherwise about the only real reasons that I can see for selling any of those particular cars at the moment are.

1. Flat assed lost interest in the car.
    2. The money from the sale of one could finish one of more of the rest in fine fashion.
    3 The proceeds from selling one could build/finish a shop/garage for the others.
    4. It would pay off the mortgage and leave you that bit of extra cash every month to do fun things to or with the other cars.

Otherwise what the hell, maybe arrange things so that they aren't in her "way" all the time or spiff up the area around them and make things a bit neater so she isn't seeing "all that junk" every time she goes out the back door. Speaking of that, I need to do a bit of weed pulling, cleaning up and straightening this weekend. Momma ain't real happy with me right now with all of my clutter out by the garage.

25. Aviator

Aviator

It is psycho. I sold two 283 SBCs last weekend. You would be surprised at what I can buy now since she thinks I getting rid of stuff.

26. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I say sell the ladder - those are easy to replace.

27. belair

belair

It's probably just hormones. It will change (when she wants it to). You are a lucky guy to have a wife who tolereates that much stuff-I have one like that too.

28. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

and buy another car with the money!

29. Everyone wants you to get rid of the wife. Trouble is that costs you way more!

30. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

In this (and most) economic time, the cars are better than having the money in the bank. I think they are appreciating at a rate faster than 1% interest that you might get at a bank if you put in into a CD. So what's the point of selling?