Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ran across a couple old Ford trucks today........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evintho, Jul 6, 2010.

1. evintho

evintho

'33-'34? and a '51. They're 'for sale'. Guy wants $500 each but I'll bet you could get 'em for $300. He lives in a dilapidated trailer on a deer camp property and he's moving. I grabbed the headlights and bar off the '33 after taking the pics. Just thought I'd post 'em up here in case anyone is interested. BTW, not mine! I answered a craigslist ad for tools and spotted them in the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  2. i cant believe you didnt grab that 34 for 500
    tk

3. fleetside66

fleetside66

Those doors on the '33 are worth $500.

4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

You could pick up an easy grand on the turn around

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Each... maybe... to the right guy. Seriously though! I'd have flat towed that bitch home with my bicycle before I left it there for $500!

6. caletcb

caletcb
    from alabama

where are they?

7. TERPU

TERPU

You are a funny guy, I hope you're being a funny guy, right really tell me you are being a funny guy............ Because if you are not then I'm gonna be really sad.

I hope you already dragged the '33 home to put the light bar back on.

Tim

8. the '33 is a '34, and it would be a fantastic deal at $500. And yes, those doors sell regularly for $500 to $1000 Each! But that cab is way too nice to part out, someone needs to build it!!!

9. olskool34

olskool34

Those doors look pretty solid too! Where are they? I'll drive all the way to Cali and get that 33!

10. 2x4

2x4

Great find.

11. JF

JF
    from Utah

Those fenders look pretty usable on that 51 too, I could use those but too far away for me. cool pictures. thanks for posting

12. evintho

evintho

WOW! Now you got me thinkin'. You guys just lit a fire under my butt! After consultation with the wife, I'm thinking this might be doable! Not that I have any room, but it will fit in my driveway. I could strip it down and part it. If there's no market for the bed and frame, the local scrap metal guy would love it. I'm gonna have to research this a bit more tomorrow. I'll need a weedwacker to take down all those 2" thorns that are surrounding it. Towing cost, etc. I'll keep ya'll updated.

BTW, this is probably worth more than the $15 I paid for it, even with the bulletholes, huh?

[​IMG]

13. whoknows

whoknows
    from California

Dude, I just might bring my shovel and help you dig it out on Friday!

14. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

There was a '32 truck with a flatbed on it here about 5yrs ago and they wanted $2500 for it. The cab was in about the same condition as that one but it was complete with glass and usable seat. Wish I could find those deals!

15. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

like above LOOK AT THOSE DOORS!!!!!!!!! go get that thing now!! no don't wait go get it now..if you don't want it, i do..now from there to alabama.....hmmmmmm

16. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

Hey King! I'll ride over with ya!

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

road trip!! i wonder if he got it yet:confused::confused:. at least said "i'll take it"

18. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just take the cab. Leave the rest and post it as a freebie on one of the Ford truck sites. Might be a restorer out there that would love that. Makes it easier for you to store etc too. If you can act quick as my mate has a conatiner headed down here from LA soon I'll give you $1K for the cab now if you can strap it on a pallet.

19. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I'd make sure this guy is actually selling his own stuff too. I wouldn't put it passed some guy to be selling stuff he doesn't even own. Looks like that stuff has been there for a long time, likely longer than somebody who sounds like he is maybe renting probably has been living there.

20. hotroddeuce

hotroddeuce
    from Mi

would have bought the 34 and had home already damn wish I could come across that

21. evintho

evintho

Oh........ever so close!!!

$500 cash in my pocket, tow truck on the way, I'm clearing out all the weeds around it when the REAL owners grandson drives up! stude_trucks nailed it. Nick, the renter, had been renting for 20 years but was being evicted. Thought he'd make an extra $500 before they chased him out! It wasn't his to sell. I did have a good conversation with Anthony, the grandson. He actually called his grandparents, the real owners, and asked grandma if it was for sale. She'll ask grandpa and let me know by Monday. It's a longshot. Grandpa tends to hang onto things forever. Chances are, those beautifully patina'd doors are gonna rot into the ground! I'll post up next week when I get more info.

On the bright side, at least I have some headlights for the roadster now!

22. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good luck with it mate, pls ignore my PM etc, the container has sailed :)

Perhaps show the old lady your current ride to show her what can happen to it.

23. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those headlights are stolen goods. Does the "real" owner know that Nick the renter stole/sold them?

24. evintho

evintho

Dude, relax!
    The headlights are not 'stolen goods'. I bought them not knowing he wasn't the owner. Do you ask for documentation when you buy a $15 part at a swap meet? I didn't think so!

My plan is, when I talk to the owner's grandson on Monday, if grandpa won't sell the truck maybe I can get him to just sell me the doors. I'll also tell him about the headlights. If he wants them back, he can have them. I'll just eat the $15. No harm, no foul.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  25. uncle buck

uncle buck

Yes they are stolen goods! You bought them from the thief that stole them. Had you bought the truck , you would have been in posession of a stolen vehicle. The fact you paid cash for the lights means nothing about you having the right to keep them simply because THEY ARE STOLEN GOODS.

26. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok boys he said he was going to talk to the owner about it - Chill.

When he bought them he didnt know, now he is sorting it. How could he do anything else?

27. uncle buck

uncle buck

did ya miss this?

"Dude, relax!
    The headlights are not 'stolen goods'."

I am simply pointing out that where I come from, yes they are stolen. Justify it however you want. Yes it does sound like he is planning on making it right with the "'real owner" and I aplaud him on that.

28. Shouldn't you kick the renter guy in the ass good on his way out the door?

I would have pointed out that if they sell them to you, then renter guy can't pretend to be a neighbor and complain about "that junk in the yard" to the town.

29. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Didnt miss that UB just thought Id focus on the positive aspect of it all :)

30. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

That is what is own my mind when something likre that comes up for sale here.We didn't start titling until '75. Anything before that only needs an notorized written bill of sale.