Register now to get rid of these ads!

Independence Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 5, 2010.

1. historynw

historynw

Thanks much its good to know how the lights stay on, one dream at a time.

2. Thanks for dreaming. you have helped all of us. keep up the dreaming.

3. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Indeed! Thanks you!

4. eddie1

eddie1

Thank-you Ryan! for all you hard work.

5. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Ryan, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.I love this place

6. Every time I look at my Alliance tags neatly placed on my "Johnny Cash at the Hammersmith" Poster, I am proud to be apart of something with so much passion for what we love, and after reading that, it makes it all even more important. Thanks Ryan. GBUSA

7. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

Congrats, Ryan, for having the foresight to design such a great "meetin place" and the intestinal fortitude to carry through with it. All of the previous "kudos" and those which will follow can only partially say thanx from all of us who visit everyday. It is an incredible link for all of us car nuts! And yes, "GOD BLESS AMERICA" for giving all of us the opportunity to live our dreams and sometimes even drive them! protect America vote come November!

8. Choptop

Choptop

Thanks Ryan... it takes a lot to make that jump. Trust me I know.

I did the same thing with Billetproof. I laid my retirement and my house on the line and quit a very well paying job to run Billetproof. My old gig was a dream job to some, it was to me when I started it, but I'd sit there rocking back and forth counting the minutes until I could get home and think about hot rods. Now I've immersed myself in them, and more importantly I've immersed myself in the people that surround them. Thats the best part. I dont make a fraction of what I made before, but you couldnt pay me to quit. When people have a good time and get to express themselves with this hobby, its makes it worthwhile.

What you do aint easy its a 24/7/365 job. Hopefully you get as much out of it as the rest of us do. Thanks a ton.

9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for taking the leap Ryan. American dream fur shur.

10. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Others can say it much better than I can, but thank you Ryan for providing a meeting place where even a biologist can learn how to build a jalopy. Only in America.
    Happy 4th man.

11. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

Happy Independence Day,everyone!
    Very inspiring story.I thank you for the H.A.M.B.,Ryan,it's the coolest thing out there.
    Ryan rules! He rules!!

12. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Thank YOU Ryan. There are some great people here, I've learned a lot and hopefully have been able to pass some good info on. I know we members don't always agree with each other but what family does? I've also scored some great deals thanks to fellow HAMB members.

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You done good Ryan, keep up the good work!!-----All the HAMBERS enjoy your fruits of hard labor!
    Nice to meet you at LAR HAMBER sun shade cover----Thats when I pinned my Alliance tag to the banner!!!---I didn't realize Bob Barnes was also HAMB orientated.----He looks good with his new top hat!!---------Don

14. catdad49

catdad49

Ryan, thanks for all your effort. This is the only site I make sure to visit everyday!! I guess I'm hopelessly hooked, a JJ and Hamb junky. I wonder if there's a cure? Hope you had another great 4th, Cat

15. You are alway doing the right things the right way. 100% Of my support to you!

16. Nerner

Nerner
    from New Jersey

Happy 4th. You have certainly been a big help in my life.

17. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Attaboy buddy. Sometimes you just have to go for it. We're all proud of you and appreciate the work you do for our hobby. Love ya man.

Doc.

18. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

All the best to you Ryan ! Thanks for all of your hard work, many hours, and, being the best at what you do !!

Jonnie King

19. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

The best joint on the planet for those who live this "life style". Good job.

20. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Imagine if you hadn't followed your dream, many years from now, lying on your deathbed thinking "I wish I had.........".

Glad you had the guts and vision Ryan and happy Independence Day to you.

21. That sure was a gamble! But,life's a gamble. Quitting you job was a roll of the dice! That had to be a cheek squeezer,when you walked out of the office! Not knowing what's gonna happen is a real terror. I'm sure it was a financial "Jump off a bridge",hoping you'll land on your feet. If guys never took chances,we wouldn't have many of the things that make our lives easier these days.
    Bet you sat on your porch yesterday and reflected back with a HUGE smile.

22. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Thanks for believing in yourself and us. This combo has turned out to be the best thing going.
    As for leap of faith 30 plus year ago I quit a high paying job for my health. I have an tobacco allergy and back then people smoked in offices alot. Sick of being sick I walked out the door at work on my lunch break and never looked back. Benn self employed all these years, healthy, wise, and broke but I would not trade it for anything.

good luck
    Jim H
    NORSEWOODS Woodworking

23. autobilly

autobilly

God bless America... and the HAMB Alliance!
    (I'll renew my sub when I get my tax.)

24. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am simply in awe of the vision and passion and knowledge that jump-started you into this whole HAMB thing to begin with, and at such a tender young age, too!! Thanks for punching the big hole in the hotrod/hopped-up/kustom/everything-racing ether that allows us all to draft along. You're the owner/driver of this glorious thing called HAMB, and we're just along for the ride.

Thank you for sharing your passion, Ryan, and may you keep at it for at least a few more decades!

Oh, and Happy 4th!

25. candy53

candy53

Thanks for creating a wonderful place for the minds to meet and the knowledge to flow!

I proudly display my Alliance Member tag in my shop! :D

Keep up the hard work!

26. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Can't say anymore then has allready been said except...THANK YOU RYAN!!!!

27. deto

deto

...And the pursuit of happiness. Amen, brother.

28. Mike White

Mike White

Nicely said. I'm happy for you. GOD Bless.

29. Wildcatter

Wildcatter

Ryan, words to live by- and you've exhibited all. Thank you....

Besides pride, loyalty, discipline, heart, and mind, confidence is the key to all the locks.
    Joe Paterno

30. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Thanks to all the vets that made this day possible. A special thank you goes out to T.D. VanAntwerp, a WWII Hellcat that left us just this spring. He liberated 10 death camps in Europe. God Speed Van!!!