Register now to get rid of these ads!

Denver Car Club Gringos Locos looking for members

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billytschopshop, Jul 2, 2010.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Whether or not to do it, how or how not to do it, who to have or who not to have as members, how or how not to recruit for members aside, here's some advice...

YOU'D BETTER COME UP WITH A NEW NAME. There is a GRINGOS MC in Denver already.
    http://www.gringosmcdenver.com/www/
    Somebody might say their logo looks clownish and would be led to believe the club is clownish, NOT ME. I THINK ITS GREAT! Don't judge a book by the cover applies here. And they may be real sensitive about somebody making fun of their colors. They may be just as sensitive about some hipster doofus rockasilly homo car club with a very similar name in THEIR town. Not that I think you are any of those things, just sayin...

DO NOT have a three piece patch. Personally, I wouldn't even have the club name as a rocker on top.

DO MAKE DAMN SURE you have "CC" in script big enough to read from far away.

I appreciate your service (thank you!) and this is really the only reason I'm posting this advice. Otherwise I wouldn't bother and sit back, shoot boosters and wait for comedy gold. DO NOT MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A REAL MC, EVEN IF ITS BY ACCIDENT! Or you will eventually get stabbed, your ol' lady raped, your dog stolen, your house blowed up, your clubhouse blowed up, your car blowed up, yourself blowed up, shot at, actually shot, stomped out, curb stomped, face slashed, "colors" stolen for trophies, cars stolen, fellow club members stolen, well I think you get the picture.

Seriously. Do not give any real MC a reason to fuck you up. Steer clear. Real MC's have a heavy reputation because they deserve it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  2. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

I joined a club a few years ago that was trying the same approach to new members on myspace. It will fail, sorry. A small club of close friends is the only way to go. I'm not trying to crap on your dream, but I've been there. All it takes is a couple of jackasses that you really don't know going around doing dumb shit to give your club a bad name.
    If the MC club that Turd talked about is true, a name change might not be a bad idea.

And thank you for your service.

3. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

You'd better change your name too! You'll have TWO clubs after you. :D

4. S1B

S1B

Is this thread real?
    Or has it realy gotten this bad on the H.A.M.B????? Its a joke,,,,,, right???

5. S1B

S1B

This is as bad as another
    " Let's see pics of your 32 Ford" thread. Talk about wasted space.

6. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i agree.

Club is already doomed to fail if it has to be advertised.

7. Abomb

Abomb

I know some Gringos MC members in Denver, you may want to contact them before you get much farther along. I also don't think it would be a very good idea to wear "colors" out of your house without checking in with all the local MC's....especially if you will be wearing a 3 piece patch. Some people may think it's stupid, but you should take it very seriously.

8. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

9. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I wouldn't worry about the Gringos MC too much, as they are not 1%, and support no 1% clubs. No different than your CC on that account.

I don't think I've ever seen a 3 piece CC cut or jacket, and doubt I will.

10. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

That's not the only mc in his town. There are several more with bigger names and heavier reps that I didn't bring up becuase his cc name didn't sound almost exactly like theirs. I'm sure everybody knows the ones I'm talking about. I don't even like talking about mc's. It's dangerous. But anyway, his logo has a top rocker and "cc" so tiny it looks like it could be very easily mistaken for mc. Put it this way, it didn't look like a car club logo to me when I first saw it.

I wouldn't wear that jacket in a town like Denver. Call me paranoid. But I've never been one to want to be asked to turn my shirt/jacket inside out at the next car/chopper show by a bunch of dudes who would just as soon curb stomp you as look at you cross ways.

I'm just keepin' it real.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  11. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Dude, you're funny! I understand where you are coming from, but this digresses from thread. I ride in the same town as him all the time. I admit a bigger CC logo would be good. In this town, they TEAR your patches off, not ask you to turn your shirt inside out- that's for T.V.

Honestly, MC's could care less about CC's. Worst thing that might happen is his club would end up as a support club for some 3 piece patch!LOL!:D

12. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I agree with JOEY SWASS be careful wearing jackets with logals like that .The motor cycle gangs take there colors seriously.I would be cautious where i go wearing it.We have a MC biker bar next to our shop.These guys are nobody to mess with. Good luck with your club! Hot rods are tits ! everybody wants to look at them and play with them!

13. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Man I love the Colorado area but how would I look, a Black guy wearing a Loco Gringo patch on my back. Thats just asking for trouble.:D

14. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

My buddy got "asked" to turn his 81 shirt inside out at a bike show by some Outlaws here in NC. Just trying to help a service member. Were it not for that, I'd have kept my mouth shut. :D

15. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Guys hey HEY Hey enough, you can't fix stupid let him find out himself

16. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Noted!;)

17. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

First thing mentioned...."Rules"......"Dues".....DUH!!

18. billytschopshop

billytschopshop
    from denver

closed, im done im gonna just chil with the friends no searching for people on here, noted. over and out.

19. I want my nickname to be "Dirty Spocket"........Dude thats straight another world.