Register now to get rid of these ads!

who else has a sweet spot for Bombs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low springs, Jul 4, 2010.

1. busch

busch

Da Bombs Cool

2. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I was born in 1945 an raised in L.A., Ca. and my first love was Kustoms and LowRiders (Bombs) as they are today.
    Thanks for the post.

3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Great-looking rides !

4. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Oh, oh, oh,.....me, me, me..... I love bombs!!!!

5. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Tacky sunvisors????? What are you saying? The visor makes the bomb. I mean, some are cool with out, but, the visor is part of the cool factor. That and the "in the weeds" stance!!

6. Road Runner

Road Runner

CHEVY BOMBAS !
    I can hear the sirens screaming from the pics.....
    Thanks for posting!
    Fisher-GM bodies from the 30s and 40s rule.

7. metal man

metal man

I suppose I grew up in the wrong part of the country to get it.All those J.C. Whitney doodads look terrible to me,but we can't all like the same things.Up here in Ohio,the people with the sunvisors,headlight eyebrows,and a bunch of chrome add-ons are referred to as "squirrels".Bottom line,those cars are really nice and I appreciate what they've done ,but I prefer hot rods:D.

8. Squablow

Squablow

Love the pics. It's odd to look at a car that has every possible bolt-on accessory, and yet they still look so "clean". I want to give my '40 Chrysler the look, I've got a Fulton and some artilleries, cats-eye fogs, and I'm working on some skirts.

I like them best with the solid steel wheels or artilleries, and in solid colors. I'm not much for 13" wires or murals. All the cars in the pictures appear to be done right. A few even look to have some age to them, and they still look clean.

9. big creep

big creep

fucken sweet! thanks!

10. shoveled71

shoveled71

From a Ford guy, those late 40 Fleetlines are the bomb. Spike

11. RetroRob

RetroRob

Great pics, I always wanted a 50 Buick Torpedo Back

12. If I ever get to Calif, I'd just about fit in.............

Neat looking cars.......i happen to like period accessories.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. superchiicken

superchiicken

Damn! Them are some nice piece of metal .

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

one mans "J.C. Whitney doo dad" is another mans rare FACTORY accessory. Bombs are cool. I don't see any JC Whitney stuff here.

15. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

some of those so called "J.C Whitney doodads" are actually very rare factory accessories. a few of them being worth more than one so called high dollar item on your car. sorry but true.

there is NO J.C WHITNEY stuff on any of those cars.

16. I don't think there is another group of car enthusiast that take more pride in their car than the owners of these cars. They are nearly always top notch with rare factory accessories. A day late & a $ short, missed the show. Respect.

17. fat141

fat141

'Why no 49-51 Fords" Cause F... owners are too busy cuttin' theirs up.You need to sell a kidney to buy some of those accessories.
    If ya didn't have a sweet spot for bombs, what did you expect when you opened the thread? :D:D

18. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Damn. Now I really miss my 47 Fleetline 2 door.

19. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I love Bombs, just outta reach for my budget, and this one is fkn BEAUTIFUL!
    I'd say is a Packard, but the badge in the middle of the grille looks like Buick?

20. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

yup it's a Buick. the color is better in person.

21. noboD

noboD

I'm a white boy from the right coast, and I love bombs. Thanks, for posting the pics.

22. belair

belair

There was nice Pontiac bomber at the Roundup. Don't have any pics. but it had a lot accessories. I especially got a kick out of the little Indian head fender-finders (?) on the rfont fenders. And as has been said-some of those accessories carry prices that will stop your mouth from flappin'. A $3500.00 compass on E-Bay comes to mind...

23. Offy 220

Offy 220

I am into early Fords and hot rods but growing up in So Cal the older guys had late 40's - early 50's slopebacks. I loved them then and I still do. Keep up coming!

24. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

25. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Dammit.....Fleetline is on my "to own" list. I love the sound of a 235 with a split manifold poppin through small pipes.

Thanks for the pics.

26. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

i got a 40 cad, and some day ...........these cars are full of class....

27. historynw

historynw

Raises hands.....me, me, me. They are just plain KQQL who else spends that much time gathering accessories.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  28. Zerk

Zerk

I like 'em, same way I like '30s-'40s mild customs. They just take a little different path. One without speedbumps, probably.

That Buick with all the extras also has a great stance, great lines and does it all despite four doors.
    Some people wouldn't start a project with a car like this if they found one in good condition. But somebody saw how great the car could be, and did the work it takes to get it there. So I won't fuss about a few accessories.

29. nobueno

nobueno

Here are a couple of photos from the event. I have more on my site.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yea, probably as you mentioned, the different part of the country upbringing, has a lot to do with it.

As for me, I too love hot rods. But, I also love bombs. And then, I also love custom led sleds; (which if you ask me are just a white guy's bomb). And lately, I have come to a great appreciation for the Cal-VW look; which are the clean old oval windowed V.W.'s that are slammed down low. They look like miniature bombs. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I have come to accept many, if not all, forms of automotive expression. Its all good. And I try not to pass judgment on someone else' car.