Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama panel jam (new request)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MikeO, Jan 19, 2005.

1. MikeO

MikeO
    from MI

I was talking with Yosemite Sam today and he asked me to post this he said that he and Keith were talking about the friday auction,and how there wasnt much time to get much done for it (for those that dont know there are auctions all three days this year) so they have a request for anyone going to the detroit show. If you can find time to do so, make a panel or two to bring with you on friday for friday's auction or if you cant make it on friday but want to help with fridays auction get ahold of Sam or Keith and send one to them before the show.This show is a BLAST and is gonna get better every year but we need to keep everyone happy, so the auctions have to go good because that makes everyone involved look good. the promoters for the show put alot into this and Sam and Keith dont have much time left for every day life becouse of everything that has to be done to get ready for this. So lets get togather and start this show out big from the first day : )

2. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

I just hope it doesnt turn into people getting pissed that you dont crank shit out like a madman.............

..because thats not too fun.

i dig those things because it takes the pressure of doing work for customers or for money, etc.

3. MikeO

MikeO
    from MI

[ QUOTE ]
    I just hope it doesnt turn into people getting pissed that you dont crank shit out like a madman.............

[/ QUOTE ] NO they are trying to turn Detroit into more of a fine art show so they dont want shit cranked out thats why they are lettin people know ahead so they have time to get things goin.

4. yosemite sam

yosemite sam

I hope that Mikes message isnot being taken the wrong way , sometimes it's hard to get a good panel done for the 1st auction this is going to be a fine ART ,,,,,,,,NOT A SHIT SHOW We have alot of magazine coverage coming more than any car show has ever got they coming to see ART not shit you dont have to bring anything lets keep this a FINE ART show of some best artists in the US and Canada . remember what the goals of this are 1--- have fun
    2--- meet other artists
    3---show the world your best work
    4 ---raise money for charity
    5--- show the world that what we do is FINE ART

if anyone has any second thoughts about what Keith and I are trying to do
    mabey they should stay home

if anyone has any questions call or e- mail me ----519-652-6956 [email protected]

5. It's going to be a cool event,and nobody likes selling work that isn't dry yet.

And please sign your work.It will bring more money that way,and helps get your name out there.

6. yosemite sam

yosemite sam

We are asking everyone to print onthe back of every thing they do ------your name-----city and state or country ---phone # or e-mail YOSEMITE SAM

7. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

well I have a long time to go before i start calling my stuff fine art...but hahaha.........

I flew from NJ just for the jam last year, learned tons!, and I am coming again this year, I hope it just as fun, relaxing(depending on how ya wanna look at it!) and enjoyable as last year!!!

Looking forward to it.

8. MikeO

MikeO
    from MI

[ QUOTE ]
    It's going to be a cool event,and nobody likes selling work that isn't dry yet.

[/ QUOTE ] Good point THANKS

9. Ya got a interesting way of putting all that, Yosemite.

I'm a little confused, The Jam last year I thought was fantastic for the first one. The Autorama in my estimation is the greatest indoor show I've ever been to. So both events should go hand in hand pretty well.

You had alot of talented and experienced artists there as well as many new guys. All were pumped up and the place was really charged up. A very successful weekend that could only go up in the future. I have to ask what was it about last year that may have caused you to worry about art quality.

I will be there for the entire show, Thurs to Sun. I will be bringing some finished stuff for Friday. I understand what you mean about having stuff to auction off right away for the contributions. I just don't want anybody to be put off, especially a new guy or girl that's really excited about their new found artform. I was at Milwaukee Saturday, I realize what your looking for. But, let's not put anybody off here.

Keeping it real since 1974,

Joel [​IMG]

10. [ QUOTE ]
    We are asking everyone to print onthe back of every thing they do ------your name-----city and state or country ---phone # or e-mail YOSEMITE SAM

[/ QUOTE ]
    For those of you who have pre-printed business cards;I usually attach one of my cards to the back of a work with some cellophane tape(I use the large packing tape size so one piece will cover the entire card.

11. What time is the auction Friday ? [​IMG]

12. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I think Sam is saying that if you think theres a remote chance that you suck,STAY HOME OR SPECTATE!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. yosemite sam

yosemite sam

the goal of Detroit show is to bring and wellcome new and old pinstripers [artists] together . Keith and I are trying very hard to make this years show even better YOSEMITE SAM

14. I think everyone enjoyed last years event.Some of us got to meet some real names in the industry.
    This year will be bigger and better.

I personally know of several very cool people from both coasts,
    that didn't make it last year,who will be there this year.

15. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    I think Sam is saying that if you think theres a remote chance that you suck,STAY HOME OR SPECTATE!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

.........I KNOW that I suck! I will contribute in one way or another. I can be used to empty trash, make chow runs, clean brushes.........whatever. Just consider me an old, fat, bald "Blue Bear" with a good attitude." [​IMG]

(...00Mack.............YOU SHOULD BE THERE!)

16. If you are interested in Pinstriping and Custom Painting,
    you are more than welcome to join us and have some fun.

And we WILL have fun. [​IMG] [​IMG]

See you there 00Mack. [​IMG]

17. MikeO

MikeO
    from MI

Ian I think you are my new favorite Unkl [​IMG]

18. MikeO

MikeO
    from MI

[ QUOTE ]
    What time is the auction Friday ?

[/ QUOTE ] Sounds like it will be about 7pm

19. How is our Top Secret project coming along Mike ?