Register now to get rid of these ads!

30-31 A Coupe Dimension Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NasT, Jul 1, 2010.

1. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Guys, can any of you give me the dimension from firewall to center of rear wheelwell? I have a short wheelbase 2x3 chassis with a motor in it I want to see if might do the trick.Thanks!

2. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

This may help.

Attached Files:

3. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Not what i need yet....the wescott on might do it if I knew where the firewall was on there.....I have that print. Could someone measure thier body? thanks!

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Sounds like you want to put a model A body on a T chassis. Its done all the time.You have to put firewall where you need it and legnthen frame rails if its a short chassis. From edge of lip around firewall to center of wheel wells is 74" . www.aaltered.com

5. jwesslen

jwesslen
    from Sweden

Looking at an old drawing I have it looks like 61,28125 inces.

Hope it helps!

/Johan

6. I just measured mine, looks like about 74 inches +/- 1/4

7. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Thanks all! I got what i need looks like 74 inches!

Jim

8. You are certainly welcome :)

9. I'm running a stock model A wheelbase, 101.5". From the center of my front crossmember back to the point where the firewall touches the frame is 30". However, my firewall "tucks in" about 2" from the main face of the firewall to the bit that attaches to the frame, so if you are measuring from the main face of the firewall to the center of the front crossmember, then it would be 28". My body is bolted to the stock body mounts on the frame. So--depending on where you measure on from the firewall to the center of the rearend is either 71.5 or 73.5". And that wheelbase and body set-back is the same for all model A body styles--sedan, roadster, phaeton, coupe, pickup, and roadster pickup.

Attached Files: