Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new car (56 Olds)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brentadour, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Brentadour

Brentadour

I just got it yesterday. I'm not messing with it to much, It's been a while since I had a car I could drive. I have a lot of shit to remove, lights, flames and teddy bears with brake light eyes. It will look so much better in a week. Well this is how it looks right now.

Attached Files:

2. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Nice...is it original "continental" kit? not sure what olds called it when you got the spare tire extension and what not...either way it looks pretty damn clean. congrats

3. Nive, like you said once a few things are removed it will look much better. I dig it!

4. Big Nick

Big Nick

I just saw this same exact car in a text message!

5. belair

belair

Not the teddy bear!!!!! I really like those 56s.

6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Very cool ride ! '55-'56 among my faves ! I don't think the Continental Kit would have been "factory" on the 4-Dr. Sedan's. But, now, the Teddy Bear...Hmmm ? Ah, mebbe not.

Jonnie King

7. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Thats []D [] []V[] []D

8. calvinh

calvinh

Very nice car. I dig the Pontiacs and Buicks.

9. missysdad1

missysdad1

I've always liked "off-brand" 4-doors customs, but even though I grew up in the era and on the East Coast, I could never come to appreciate the busy, bolt-on East Coast Custom styling. Your planned mild clean-up will be a big improvement.

But I hope you don't stop there. By removing all the "pep boys" accessories you would turn that car into a much cleaner, but still clearly early-style East-Coast custom.

If it was mine (and I wouldn't mind if it was!), I'd drop it a taste, shave some trim and door handles, give it a tasteful two-tone paint scheme (maybe bright silver over black) and evolve it into a real head-turner...West Coast style.

It's got great lines and great possibilities! I like the skirts and continental kit, so hang onto them. The teddy bear, not so much.

Nice car!

:)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  10. Brentadour

Brentadour

[QUOTE="Whitey Ford" 62 Uni;5382863]Nice...is it original "continental" kit? not sure what olds called it when you got the spare tire extension and what not...either way it looks pretty damn clean. congrats[/QUOTE]

The kit is a clear after market piece of shit. It's cool enough to leave on the car though.

Thanks for the complements. I just found lights in the wheel wells and a pa system that plays the pink panther and la bomba. It's so funny how different some peoples taste can be.

11. La Bomba!!! You will be the "hit" of your local cruise nights!!!!

Er, maybe not...

Awesome car minus the crap - great score

12. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

very nice, good luck..................john

13. I know it's a different year and all, but it kind of reminds me of the W.W. and the Dixie Dance Kings car. :cool:

Attached Files:

• ww.jpg
      ww.jpg
      File size:
      178 KB
      Views:
  14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Remove the name on the trunk while you're at it...

All in all, not a bad looking 4-door...once you remove all the "show" crap, it just needs brighter paint...

R-

15. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Man that is sweeeeet!
    The "rare" teddy bear brake light option,ehhhhh?
    Will pep boys take that stuff back without a recipt?

16. Road Oiler

Road Oiler

In store credit only!!!

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nice! COngrats on the new addition.

18. Brentadour

Brentadour

Here is a creepy close up of my new friend

Attached Files:

19. IS it a brake light or just evil?

On the bright side, every thing you take off it you can probably throw out on a tarp at a swap meet or put on eBay and there's some damn fool who will buy it. Think of it as gas money -

I'm working on a deal to get a '56 Olds myself, I've always liked those. I almost brought home a really stripped, but still solid '55 a few years ago, I wish I had dragged it out of the woods now because the place scrapped out.