Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see pics of garage, driveway & backyard paint jobs!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sweepspear, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Been working on my Riviera's body for what seems an eternity.
    Got 2 rounds of block sanding done last week. Planning to get final prime, wet sand & color on it next week if the weather permits.
    Hoping to catch a couple days when the humidity and dewpoint is low.
    (I have the whole week off, so it will probably rain.) :p

I need some inspiration!

So, whatchya got?

2. H3O

H3O

here's mine. did it 1 day before greaserama '09!!

it's my first paint job i've ever done. did it at 2-3am!!!!

[​IMG]

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do all mine in my little back yard garage. The trick is staple some super thin plastic sheet to the rafters to keep shit from floating onto the car.

Open a window with some furnace filters in front of it and use a few fans (with filters) to exhaust the fumes.

[​IMG]

-nuther.

[​IMG]

This one isn't quite done yet, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

You can do it, I swear. Good luck, -Abone.

4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One more thing.....get a GOOD water/filter separator along with a regulator. Also, get one of those screw on filters that go right on the gun and drain your separator every time you do a coat of paint.

Good luck, -Abone.

One last thing...try to keep your damn shirt out of the clear coat....Yea, it sanded out, but I still felt like a dumbass..

[​IMG]

5. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

They all look great! It is reassuring!

Oh yeah, I have done all that.
    It was probably overkill for the 1st coat of primer. These are pics from last fall when I did that 1st coat. Then the temps went South for the rest of the year.
    I had the whole garage wrapped in plastic with filter material in the open windows.
    Closed the garage door down on top of the 2 fans. With more plastic covering the door and openings. Worked real well.
    I wasn't so fussy on the last coat of primer.

I'm good on water seperators and filters too. ;)

Attached Files:

6. KarBabe

KarBabe

[​IMG]

this is my car my husband kustom d painted it wiht primer in our back yard for the straykat 500 show this past may. atwoods primer kickass. purple is my favorite color but the car will be a burgundy suede one day. :)

7. KarBabe

KarBabe

you can see the before and after from two shades of gray primer to purple.

8. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

Here's a few I've done in my garage....Rich

Attached Files:

9. Kanadia Kev

Kanadia Kev

I just wet the floor and sanded and buffed

10. Kanadia Kev

Kanadia Kev

I just wet the floor and sanded and buffedhttp://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1016595&stc=1&d=1277949902

Attached Files:

11. BEDSLEAD

BEDSLEAD
    from ONTARIO CA

pops painted this for me in the drive way back in the 90s

Attached Files:

12. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

this is my car my husband kustom d painted it wiht primer in our back yard for the straykat 500 show this past may. atwoods primer kickass. purple is my favorite color but the car will be a burgundy suede one day. :)[/QUOTE]

Gotta love those 48 Pontiacs!:p

48 Poncho

13. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

OMNI MAE. Did it in '04 myself in the garage and driveway. The entire paint job cost less than $350. Sanding/priming three coats, masking tape etc.
    At swap in '04.jpg

Then the next year decided I liked Black better. Daughter had raised so much hell about the stink in her garage so I took it to a friend with a paint booth the second time around. I wasn't happy with how the other guy did it, so since then I do my own, found a booth I can rent.

My grandson and I did all the body work and primer on this truck in the driveway, but put the color on in a rented booth. OMNI MAE.
    Alex s First Investment Property New 250 dollar Paint job June 08,.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  14. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I shot my old T-bucket in a friends garage. Wet down the floor a bit, hosed down the back alley to keep the dust to a minimum, and let fly!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

You bout to run outta black yet?? :D JK!

16. kenseth17

kenseth17

Haven't painted anything hamb friendly. But did some sidework for awhile. and everything on my website was painted in my tiny 1.5 stall garage, bare studs, no insulation, have to run electricity from the house, and only a few flourescents hanging from the rafters. If I wasn't renting it, one of the first things I probably would have did is tore down the garage and built a nicer one. Seemed to be a ricer magnet too painting cheap in my tiny garage, even having painted quite a few vehicles over the years.

Lost my pops in 08, I used to be able to use his garage if I needed and often did in the past when I was a bit younger when I did sidework. Even when I painted every day at my job, the booths the shops I worked at had, weren't all that much to write home about. The only pretty nice booth I ever really painted in was the one back at tech school, all downhill from there.

Even painted a limo for a friend of a friend years back, get over there and they have a big tent made out of tarps, and a small 110 compressor to shoot with. After spending friday and a good part of saturday doing bodywork and getting it ready to shoot, I start spraying when the sun as starting to set, knowing not a lot of time before I have no light. I Look away from the car in the middle of painting, to see there are about 15 people standing watching the show go on with beers in hand, ready to start partying that night. Something I'll never forget.

Looking to buy a house soon, and hopefully somehow I will be able to get a place thats secluded and has a nice garage. Pretty tough on my income.

Did both of these mustangs in my garage for the same guy. No the garage in the pic isn't mine.
    [​IMG]

17. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Mine i did last year.

Attached Files:

18. twoANDfour

twoANDfour

Beautiful work man. Very smooth.

19. bathcollector

bathcollector

Here's me doing mine in the driveway[​IMG]

20. justnicholas

justnicholas

Not paint yet, but primed in a car tent on my front lawn. Did this yesterday haha.

Attached Files:

21. Painted in both my garage and backyard...some parts painted hanging off the clothes line haha !!

Rat

Attached Files:

22. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Did this in my driveway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. This was done in my shed... didn't even wet the floor down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

EPA approved paint booth.
    E
    very Part Anywhere. :cool:

Love the blue!

25. Here is mine....went from matte black to silver satin in about 2 weeks in my garage. I use and Accuspray turbine HVLP system.

Attached Files:

26. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

27. Ill post some pics soon just finished mine new look from satin to gloss

28. can some one help me post my pic dont know how