Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Van D. Lizer, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Van D. Lizer

Van D. Lizer

a gentleman I work with just handed me a antique can of brake fluid-it says "porto,heavy duty hydraulic brake fluid...it is 70r1 type fluid, manufactured by "porte mfg. co. inc." in brooklyn N.Y. ---just wondering if anyone had any info on the company or the fluid? I researched it a little bit and couldnt come up with anything-thank you for taking the time to help-david

2. pcterm2

pcterm2

3. Van D. Lizer

Van D. Lizer

guess I should have been more clear...just wondering if anyone has heard of the company that made this stuff, or any interesting facts about said company, not gonna use it! it is just a cool piece of memorabelia-never opened....in a cool container. thanks

4. pcterm2

pcterm2

:Dno biggy i thought you might use it-:eek: dont want anyone to hurt because of old brake fluid.

5. This is inspiring enough to start a thread of automotive related containers. I don't know what it is you have but I know we're into old Snake oils, polishes, cleaners, additives, and what-nots from days of old. Put up some pictures of this stuff.

Here's some of what we have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...the top...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. I just know you'll use it sooner or later cause you're a Cheapnik and your new wife won't let you have anything new. :D