Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shortened Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thorkle Rod, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tdesoto276

Tdesoto276
    from Des Moines

I like the Thunderturd. The bumper is a little heavy, but otherwise it looks like one of those Ghia/detroit designs from the 50s

2. Ewww, those bitches are fugly.....................I do like the VW van though,,,sorta

3. How about a '57 Chrysler 300C convertible shortened and then received an early Bird hardtop? This car was found in a salvage yard and is currently being restored back to original. Something about "value" and probably never should have been cut up to begin with I suppose.

Attached Files:

• 096.jpg
      096.jpg
      File size:
      61.7 KB
      Views:
    • RR.jpg
      RR.jpg
      File size:
      65.8 KB
      Views:
  4. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Technically, mine's probably one of the oldest four doors cut down to a two door.:D
    [​IMG]

5. Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

Both of these were on the local craigslist recently:

53 Ford
    [​IMG]

33" Subaru
    [​IMG]

6. I REALLY like this - the proportions are very European - long front/short deck is very pleasing. In fact, these proportions are much better than the factory, even the stock Tudor or coupe (or whatever they called it).

Steve

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  7. GuyW

GuyW

There was another magazine feature car that was a late-20s sedan cut into a bucket....not a bad job of it, either....

8. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I don't get it... seriously.

9. Really a waste of time unless you are striving for the Ugly Duckling Car Award !

10. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Ditto.....In this case, it works for me.....I think most are just done for a laugh out of old 4 doors......it's all in fun....the 4 dr doesn't have to die a horrible death in the field, and somebody has a crazy car to rip around in that causes conversation and laughs.....I can't imagine many of them being built by guys with no sense of humor......

11. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Thread should be called ruined cars. the only thing they're good for after whoever's grown bored of it and the novelty's worn off, is the scrap yard.

12. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

dont do it FFS reminds me of this.

[​IMG]

13. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

The Econoline in the early posts makes me want to do something weird to my '63. Almost. haha. The AWB Ford in the post above mine is bad ass! Nothing wrong with an altered wheel base racer in my book. I want to build one from an early Mopar some day.

14. Payaso

Payaso

This is the only one I dig...it was a PR Car for Revell Models (Toys!)...it had a funny purpose and was did not take a Classic and Bastard'ize into something 'new'...To each his own I guess?

[​IMG]

15. Guys, these are possibly the worst abortions known to man. Even a tubbed car can be brought back with a frame and rear pan. I would not be seen driving around in one of these nightmarish, za-ga-zig clown cars from hell. It looks like Donald Duck's car. Who thought this was a good idea? Ask yourself one last thing :Would John Milner drive this?

16. thunderplex

thunderplex

People do this because they can. It's their car and can change it as they wish. Personally, ...I don't even understand why a person would want to chop a top!!!

17. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

18. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

Another:

[​IMG]

The first coupe (previous post - above) out and about:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  19. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

Why do people do this? Theres nothing wrong with a 4 door or a wagon, but why ruin a perfectly good car to build atrocities like this? The people that shorten Tri-5's and VW's obviously have a sense of humor, but no sense. Why even humor them? These things are built out of pure boredom and poor taste but are still somehow interesting in their own perverted way. Like a $2 donkey show in front of a train wreck.

The little Holden's are kinda kool though, their proportions aren't retarded like the rest.

20. dadseh

dadseh

Like a $2 donkey show in front of a train wreck.

....Hey... now that sounds interesting!!!

21. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

This Car was at Hot Rod Hoedown in Pa. The guy who owns it has a very interesting story of this car. How he found it. Re did it.

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

It was from up here in Canada originally wasnt it?

23. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

From Australia, VW that was shortened so it could be converted to a semi trailer. This is the only photo I have seen of this VW:

[​IMG]

24. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

25. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

Not the same car as above, this is from a different firm:

[​IMG]

26. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

FJ Holden has been converted to shorter 2-door and convertible:

[​IMG]

27. OK for you "hard core" kids heres one from our past,Gene Petersons A shortened three feet,but it cant be a real old school car cause it has shiney paint.........:)

Attached Files:

28. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

29. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

A Holden Statesman:

[​IMG]

Shortened and roof removed:

[​IMG]

Thread Status: