Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever see one??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wolfers, Jun 26, 2010.

1. wolfers

wolfers

I was at the Harrington DE show today and there was a guy there with a bunch of NOS sheet metal he got out of a barn. He had a hood for an Olds rocket 88 that had two clear inserts about two feet long and 1.5 feet wide each. It was still in the factory crate. I asked him about it and he said it was something that was sent to dealers so the could put it on a car in the show room to show off the rocket 88 engine. He also said that it was an option that the consumer could order. Any of you guys ever see one or know about it??

2. It's true, they do exist

3. Moondog13

Moondog13

Yeap, you guessed it very rare. I want. :D

In reality, its been a looong while since I've read about them. I can't remember much about it, I'm sure someone will inform us. :D

4. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

i saw that today...heard of them but never seen one in person...did you gat a price on it?

5. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Here's one, shwoing off an even rarer 288 olds engine

Attached Files:

6. hudson48

hudson48

Saw one at Wintersun a couple of weeks ago on a 1953 Ford.had a genuine Ford marking on it.Used for display purposes

Attached Files:

7. Search plexi hoods, many threads with some neat pictures :)

8. wolfers

wolfers

Sorry I didn't ask the guy what he wanted for that hood but in hind sight maybe I should have bought it if it is a rare item.

9. i saw one last year but if i remember right it was on a black chevy at goodguys columbus oh

very cool stufff

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

He was asking 4000.00 dollars!! NOS still in the crate. I think they look stupid on a street car. They ruin the lines of the car IMHO.